This officiating absolutely sucks...

^^butthurt^^

Officiating wasn't the most consistent, but it hasn't been for years. Deal with it.

Clemmons carries the ball a lot, but rarely gets called for it. White throws his body into defenders as he shoots. Woody moves when screening, (and often gets called for it). We benefit from officiating too. Not vs Indiana, but we've gotten our share of calls. Do I like it? No. But, to use a phrase I hate, it is what it is.:(

Watched the game again late last night and have recorded an unbiased report which are the absolute facts.....

Despite all the fouls called and too many turnovers, our defense was strong. We were only behind 6 points with 3:37 left in the first half.......

Marble didn't touch the ball going out of bounds off the hoosier. The replay makes it obvious. They scored after getting the ball. We had a few good shots that simply did not go in during this period of time at Assembly Hall, home of the Number One team in the country that had just lost at Minnesota on Wednesday.
They couldn't afford to lose two in a row at this stage of the game. Duke beating Miami would have put them ahead of Indiana......

Since when can you tackle a player running ahead of you like Zeller did to Clemmons. It is permissible to throw yourself on the floor knocking the opponent off his feet. Sure seems like it should have been a foul on Zeller. They kept playing it over and over and nobody mentioned that Clemmons was literally tackled from behind.....

They only had 17 free throws to our 3 at the half......

Started strong the second half cutting the lead to 8. Then after an Indiana basket the zebras took over.....

Mystery foul on Basabe against Zeller.......

Devyn cuts it to ten, then nine, but the Hoosiers answered both times. Indiana by 11......

Buffalo Wild Wings Slo-Mo commercial is lame......

I don't know what the stats are for a team winning at the number one team's home court three days after losing, Probably favors the home team......

Another Mystery foul on Basabe at around 15:30......

We were just off on a lot of good shots......

Zeller makes another basket with a phantom foul on McCabe.....

Our D was playing well, other than Zeller.......

May cuts it to 12, then Zeller runs the baseline around Gabe for the bucket........

Marble cuts it to 14, Aaron is flattened and goes to the free throw line, misses......

Another questionable foul, they make the free throws, then on the other end White gets flattened and Indiana races down court.......

White starting to come alive, making a few shots.....

Foul on Woodbury backing away from Zeller......Nonsense......

Referee trying to prevent Marble from returning to the floor......

Another ticky tacky foul on Marble against Watford......

Really unseen foul against Sheehey, perhaps the worst...

If Indiana doesn't have a shot and time is running down, they call an invisible foul on Iowa almost every time down the court....White and May block Zeller's shot and they call White for the foul, two free throws....

Foolish defensive play leaves Zeller alone under the basket......

Hulls hooks Ingram's arm and receives free throws.....

Time running down, Indiana can't get a shot so they call a foul on Clemmons against Watford.....

Nice pass to Olaseni cuts the lead to 12 at 4:46.....

Aaron throws it away, Zeller trips May up and draws a foul.....

May dunk cuts it to 10 at 3:30, Hawk stop and a chance to cut it to single digits becomes a turnover....

Indiana scores, 12 point lead with 2:37, May hits two free throws to cut it to 10 with about 2:20 to go, refs bail Indiana out, not able to get a shot, call ticky tacky foul. Only make one free throw, Zach gets rebound, baseline ref points Iowa's way but halfcourt referee says McCabe stepped on line. Indiana can't get a shot, another foul called......

Behind by 13 with 1:29 to go, White makes two free throws to cut it to 11.......

Olapedo with back breaking three, now it's 70-56

White cuts it to 12 with a minute to go, Yogi nails a three and Aaron slams it for the final basket. Iowa loses 73-60, close against all odds.......decent effort despite turnovers and missed free throws.......

They only shot 18 more free throws. Refs called 52 fouls.......

We made 17-24. Indiana shot 29-42 from the free throw line.....

Without the assistance of the refs, it is a closer game, not necessarily a win but closer. As is is we did well considering all the circumstances......

Illinois goes down next......
Nice mircoscope you have, Jack
th

Arent journalists supposed to excel at critical reading? If you are going to be a writer you are going to have to do better than that. The block-o-meter thread is in no way a rip on Woody. He'll I'd be concerned if for no other reason 1hokeye1 likes my post, that enough would make me realize I'm probably missing something here.

You dont need to be journalist or nuclear sciencist to know the difference between phantom fouls or real fouls.

You dont need to be journalist or nuclear sciencist to know the difference between phantom fouls or real fouls.

How dare you? Duffman is HN's resident basketball expert. By the way, he is an "excellent" blasketball official.

Srs official is srs.

As a basketball official it is my doody to never say anything bad about anything related to basketball. I will do everything I can to uphold my doody.

^^butthurt^^

Officiating wasn't the most consistent, but it hasn't been for years. Deal with it.

Clemmons carries the ball a lot, but rarely gets called for it. White throws his body into defenders as he shoots. Woody moves when screening, (and often gets called for it). We benefit from officiating too. Not vs Indiana, but we've gotten our share of calls. Do I like it? No. But, to use a phrase I hate, it is what it is.:(

You dont seem to understand what "butthurt" s or looks like. Lemme help. Butthurt says things like this....

The biggest troll on this site and he's a mod. It still irks me. This thread is dumb. For a mod to be creating it is a travesty.
Troll-on, troll.

Butthurt does things like start (now deleted) threads listing all the rules you think someone is breaking and asking why aren't they banned.

Thats what butthurt looks like boyo.

Video tests would be a complete waste of time and pointless. It wouldn't come close to replicating actual on court experiences

It's not for other sports such as football, pro basketball, baseball, soccer. NFL officials spend much of the day before their game meeting and reviewing video, both for incidents that have come up in the previous week as well as a review of the teams they are about to officiate. Why should basketball be any different?

I guess maybe it's not necessary as they know everything about everything.

^^butthurt^^

Officiating is only bad when we lose. Therefore we see lot's of bad officiating.

It wasn't even the bad calls that were annoying as much as how fast they blew the whistle every time indiana drove the lane. The whistle was being blown before or right as contact was being made. If the ref was seeing contact THEN blowing the whistle, they should have been non shooting fouls. The fact that they were shooting fouls shows that they were anticipation calls.

Another missed call was when olidoucheo blocked Clemmons and got him with the body. But of course they can't call that and risk talking away a sportscenter highlight.

You dont seem to understand what "butthurt" s or looks like. Lemme help. Butthurt says things like this....

Butthurt does things like start (now deleted) threads listing all the rules you think someone is breaking and asking why aren't they banned.

No, butthurt is going back through the archives looking for posts that hurt your little feelings. Or do you keep a scrapbook of them or something?

Not backing the officials by any means, as like most I thought they were poor, but IMO the difference was their defense versus our offense. Their defense denied shot after shot the first 10 minutes and that had nothing to do with fouls not being called. They flat out shut us down.

I thought we played well defensively, but they absolutely locked it down. Our offensive struggles contributed greatly to them out shooting us at the stripe. While I agree with the fact that us missing a ton of front end 1 and 1's didn't help matters, lets not forget that they had a ton of and ones that skewed the numbers as well.

Being an official doesn't make me an expert. All the hard work I put in does. The clinics, the camps, the 200 games per year I work, the rule study, you know, that ****.

Bahahahahahah....ohhh thaaaaat ****!! Wish i knew your name so i could ask around. I'm sure you're a real peach on the court. I've met several HS bball "officials" though the years and most of them are "big pile-o-derps."

You would be an expert on what "butthurt" looks like you weirdo. #Lamesttermever.

Latest posts