This Mokan Elite AAU team

Lightning gets easily confused (confused making fun of him with stalking him). So I could totally see how Lightning gets this impression, it probably goes like this:

Lightning: Walks up to a group of 5 coaches and says, "Hey guys, can you believe that Fran is going to play CW and Bohannon at PG. I mean what is what with that, what an idiot, those guys suck, and we are going to finish in 9th or 10th place in the B1G, "unless they get lucky" with those scurbs."

Real Coaches: "Um, ahhh, yeah sure"......walk away to get away from Lightning.

This is exactly what I was thinking too. If Lightning isn't messing with everyone, it means he's a huge tool and the exact type of person who would illicit responses like you said in your post. In real life, I nod my head and say "yea" when people are saying stupid shit all the time.

I'm afraid we might end up with an Alford/UCLA situation if Conner isn't an effective PG and Patrick doesn't get a lot stronger. If his kids are playing a lot of minutes and we aren't winning enough, it could get ugly. I'm not suggesting Fran shouldn't sign his boys because they are legit prospects. I can imagine how brutal this board will get if that happens. And I won't be the one leading that charge.
I think there are better PGs in state, than Conner. Maybe not in the '17 class but certainly in the '18 class. I see Fran offered '18 PG Tre Wood. There are better in state PGs than Tre Wood.

There is no way you could know if there are better in state point guards than Tre Wood.

There is no way you could know if there are better in state point guards than Tre Wood.

Dude hasn't named a single player who he thinks is better yet. He just keeps saying he thinks there is better prospects. Who?

Judging by what I have seen from his highlight video vs the in person evaluation of in state kids. It's my opinion. You don't have to agree with it.

I've got no problem with your opinion. It's just that you state it as fact.
Unless I say it's "fact" go ahead and assume it's opinion. There is no way to predict a fact. When you are discussing how current high school players might end up in college....it's opinion. Some opinions are more informed than others.
I've been to AAU tournaments in 6 states this summer. I've gotten a real good look at the talent in Iowa. I've spoken to a lot of informed people.

Unless I say it's "fact" go ahead and assume it's opinion. There is no way to predict a fact. When you are discussing how current high school players might end up in college....it's opinion. Some opinions are more informed than others.
I've been to AAU tournaments in 6 states this summer. I've gotten a real good look at the talent in Iowa. I've spoken to a lot of informed people.

Then why to you attack everyone if they don't agree with your OPINION? You just ripped on people who think CW can play PG in another thread, or might be ok or good at it, because your OPINION is he will suck at PG.

Then why to you attack everyone if they don't agree with your OPINION? You just ripped on people who think CW can play PG in another thread, or might be ok or good at it, because your OPINION is he will suck at PG.
That's bull shit. I stated in the OP of that thread that he can't play PG. You guys attacked me.

That's bull shit. I stated in the OP of that thread that he can't play PG. You guys attacked me.

I simply stated that you had a lot of "absolutes" after 1 PTL game, go back and re read the thread. Many were questioning you about the stuff you were saying. I just got tired of your crap and came after you, I will freely admit that. It is funny, because when you boil it all down, I have never said what any of these players are or aren't, can or can't do. It is you who throws out absolutes and proclaims he is a BB genius, because you coach middle school kids.....It is a joke man, grow a sack and understand you don't have to rise up on your hind legs and try to fight anyone who doesn't agree with you stupid opinion.

That is a lot of absolutes for watching 1 PTL game isn't it lightning??

Not absolutes. My absolute opinion. I don't care who won the game.
CW didn't abuse anyone in the post. And even if he did....how does that make him a starting BIG PG? As far a his PG abilities go...the 8+ turnovers is where the rubber meets the road, in my opinion. You guys can hold your breath waiting for him to abuse a Tom Izzo team in the post.

I like CW as 2/3. He has those abilities. He's just not a PG. And that's Fran's failure as a recruiter that CW has to play that position.

I simply stated that you had a lot of "absolutes" after 1 PTL game, go back and re read the thread. Many were questioning you about the stuff you were saying. I just got tired of your crap and came after you, I will freely admit that. It is funny, because when you boil it all down, I have never said what any of these players are or aren't, can or can't do. It is you who throws out absolutes and proclaims he is a BB genius, because you coach middle school kids.....It is a joke man, grow a sack and understand you don't have to rise up on your hind legs and try to fight anyone who doesn't agree with you stupid opinion.
I rise up and defend myself from all liars who try and misrepresent who I am and what I say. You're just dishonest and you don't like being called out on it. This is a prime example. I coach 8th, 9th and 10th grade basketball players. I specifically told you I coach middle and high school kids but you keep excluding the high school kids from our comments, in a vain attempt to degrade my knowledge and position.
You're dishonest and until you start being honest with people, they are going to take issue with what you post.

I like CW as 2/3. He has those abilities. He's just not a PG. And that's Fran's failure as a recruiter that CW has to play that position.

Because of his size and length I can see him as potentially a really good on-the-ball defender. Other than that, i do not see 2 or 3 like abilities. Occasionally, he might take people off the bounce....his points are going to come off transition buckets. In your words, if he just " runs the offense" he can give you what Gesell gave you.

Because of his size and length I can see him as potentially a really good on-the-ball defender. Other than that, i do not see 2 or 3 like abilities. Occasionally, he might take people off the bounce....his points are going to come off transition buckets. In your words, if he just " runs the offense" he can give you what Gesell gave you.
Only he's not as good a ball handler as Gesell. And on ball defense isnt something that you learn while in college, unless your coach demands it. Fran doesn't.
It's an attitude that most kids have well before that age. A toughness. Sapp had that in him when he showed up. The rest of his game was limited. I haven't seen anything in CW to this point that would suggest he's going to be a good defender. Anything is possible.

Last edited:
Being a good on ball defender is something every guard at the D-1 is capable of. But it takes commitment and a lot of energy. To do it well takes an awful lot out of you unless your opponent is garbage on the offensive end. It's a choice that not everyone has the will or the stamina to make.
I worked with a kid all summer that didn't give much effort on the defensive end, even though he was very capable. He didn't buy in until the last couple of tournaments

Latest posts