This Is The Proctor Thread

lol let's slow down here... Alabama loses a bunch of 5-star players that are not playing enough for other 5 star players. It's not the same as Iowa losing out on a 5 star recruit.
So true...........it's all relative to college football and many other things life. 5 star players departing at Alabama is like dropping a bottle of Two Buck Chuck on the floor at the check out.

As far as Proctor's decision..............good for him to land an offer with this program. Wasn't particularly fond of the reports of his trip to Oregon taking place w/o informing staff though.

Steve Wiltfong of 247 Sports said the visit was one in the making well before the actual date — but he isn’t sure if one party knew about it.

“It’s one that was in the works for a while but I don’t think Iowa knew about it,” Wiltfong said. “Anytime that happens, you kind of wonder what’s really going on here.”

ScoopDuck’s Justin Hopkins wrote the following on the trip: “Kadyn and his mother wanted to get into town under the radar and really try and enjoy this trip.”

........... in addition, I don't really want those parents affiliated with the program either. They become cancers on a program and if they aren't all in, that is going to leak down to their sons, IMO.

Kind of like when you marry your wife, you aren't just getting her, you are getting the family to. We've seen in previous years some issues with family members. This may be a good thing. If all she is worried about using him for her $$$$ gain, screw it. Move on.

I think the NIL guys have the potential to absolutely rip apart programs. What happened to Texas A&M probably wasn't an accident. Picture this - say someone similar to DJK was at Iowa and had a deal for NIL that required a certain amount of receptions or yards to vest in full. Imagine that kid's attitude in the locker room by week 7 when he is worried he won't hit the metric. It is going to be a mess.

1671494975099.png

Hawkeye Heaven

Fan Page
· 22m ·
David Eickholt of 247 Sports has reported that 5
1f31f.png
OL Kaydn Proctor is no longer committed to Iowa. No official announcement has been made by him or The University of Iowa.
Kaydn is expected to sign with Alabama on Wednesday.

I think the NIL guys have the potential to absolutely rip apart programs. What happened to Texas A&M probably wasn't an accident. Picture this - say someone similar to DJK was at Iowa and had a deal for NIL that required a certain amount of receptions or yards to vest in full. Imagine that kid's attitude in the locker room by week 7 when he is worried he won't hit the metric. It is going to be a mess.
I’m sure. Iowa is gonna vet these guys pretty well and I’m sure fit is just as big of deal in the portal to Iowa

At this point you have to treat every year like a free agent training camp. No position can be locked in. There has to be open competition for all positions. This is not the Kirk way and not the culture of Iowa. Something has to give. I've said it before and I'll say it again I don't know if Kirk is the leader for the changing landscape of college football and that is a shame. I hope he proves me wrong.
It was a factor in driving Villanova's Jay Wright out of the business. And he's as successful a coach as college basketball has seen the last decade.

You're gonna see a whole lot of this from low or single income families with NIL.

Five star kids are a meal ticket...

Uhhhh...I mean...I'm sure she only wants the best environment and future for her kid no matter what the money is :)
This...rampant

Painful but not unexpected, waiting to make coaching changes to "after the season" cost us the best recruit Iowa has ever had. Don't blame the guy for not wanting to listen to boos at Kinnick. Sad really....

The whole Saban visiting-thing reminds me of when Roy Williams sat in the luxury sweet chortling with the Iowa Governor as he nabbed Harrison Barnes out of Iowa.
and stealing Raef and Collison. What could have been......then again it has been said Raef was always going to be a J-Hawk.

Again just like Ewers and Ohio State, let him collect the check and then make a bigger offer after a year. In this new world Freshman are worthless anyhow unless they are truly a developmental project. We need to be out there buying every Sophmore, Junior, or Senior we need and building a new team every winter.

Smart kids will do what Ewers did, you get paid twice and as a five-star you can collect two checks and end up where you want after your redshirt year anyhow.

Now if the kid is stupid then he'll stay at Alabama and not make them pay every year

In this new world, every school below the B10 and SEC is the minor leagues and those rosters should be our 1st targets every off season with proven commodities. Now if I was running the show at Iowa I would also raid the top schools of their sophomores and juniors as they will likely be tapped out from paying all the new Freshman. Also starting whatever rumors are necessary if needed should be part of the strategy.

ASU has it figured out

Former Notre Dame quarterback Drew Pyne is transferring to Arizona State, the third-year player announced on his Twitter account. Pyne visited the Sun Devils over the weekend, a few weeks after announcing his intent to transfer, and it seems the visit went well.

Pyne's addition to the Arizona State roster continues a trend in Tempe since new coach Kenny Dillingham accepted the head coaching job. Pyne is the 15th transfer to commit to the Sun Devils since Dillingham's arrival. Considering Pyne's position, you could argue none of the commitments are more significant than his.

Last edited:
Word is out there that Iowa's last home visit with Kaydn was a disaster. Can anyone give details who was involved and why?

Are you serious with this? It's not like Alabama is such a more populated state either... like 25th vs 32nd.

Of course it has to do with winning. Alabama has been winning everything for 15 years. It's partially why they have the money to offer.

But I gave up a long time ago thinking Iowa would ever win anything in football.

I'm much more an NFL fan where the playing field is even.
Well good. See ya!

He’s not a Hawk, feel free to diss him if you want. I personally don’t care either way to be honest; he seems super flaky and wish washy anyway which isn’t necessarily what you want in your players. I want guys with attitudes like Jack Campbell or Kaevon Merriweather who are all in.
This post from you is why I keeping reading your stuff.

I predict that Mr. Proctor will be at Alabama for 1-2 years, enter the portal, and transfer to Iowa. Then Iowa will prep him for the NFL and he will be a 3rd rounder. Iowa will put his mom into a suite at the Drury for home games and fly her to all away games. Ruth Chris steak houses for his family! Yahoo!

Well I hope all this speculation turns out to be false. Kids are very emotional at such young ages. What really makes things bad is when they change their minds at the last moment.

Latest posts