This Is The Proctor Thread

We'll get to find out to an extent anyway. Our Oline being bad the last couple yrs has a lot of fans with a bad taste in their mouths and the thirst for a savior. Proctor was being looked at as that by many. Guys like Gallery and Scherff sure made their impacts on the program. This kid seems as can't miss as can be. But he hasn't played a D1 game yet. Dude could shred his knee on day 1. Or he could just be too big and slow for D1 DEs. Or he could be Anthony Munoz and be a HOFer down the road. Time will tell.
The thing with OL play is that it's only as strong as it's weakest link. Kadyn Proctor can't block both sides of the center and the rest of his supporting staff ain't gonna be all that great.

Proctor could also be a bust...

Every bit of his film is him pancaking 6' tall 275 lb (at most) high school kids who'll never even sniff community college ball. Maybe he'll be really good, but we know nothing about whether he can get the mental side of the game down or handle the speed that things will happen in the SEC or B1G.

Either way, people getting mad over this need to understand that one all star on an otherwise incompetent OL isn't going to add any wins to the schedule. He's only going to play two years anyway of he ends up being good.

I'm losing interest in college football. Seriously. What a joke.

I think it is time for me to adopt an NFL team. At least they have some rules and a draft to try to level the playing field. It is not perfect, but they know what they are. Professionals. The NFL is well run and they have rules.

College football stinks to high heaven. Only a few teams will be able to pay the price now for the elite players, and the price will keep going up and up, as it has with coaching salaries. And the Big Ten, which used to stand for something, plays right along because the money is the only thing that matters now.

Nick Saban is a total hypocrite, by the way. He was whining earlier in the year about other schools buying players. There is a special place in hell for people like him.

It simply isn't sustainable.
Literally one post previous to this you were celebrating Cade McNamara being a Hawk.

Iowa got Cade McNamara the same way Alabama got Proctor...all's fair in love and war.

You're talking out of both sides of your mouth. Can't have things both ways, man. You win some and you lose some, and getting McNamara was way more important than Proctor in terms of being able to make a difference.

Also, as a recovering NFL fan, if you think you're going to have more following that cesspool of primadonnas and come away from it smelling better you are gonna be sorely disappointed.

Literally one post previous to this you were celebrating Cade McNamara being a Hawk.

Iowa got Cade McNamara the same way Alabama got Proctor...all's fair in love and war.

You're talking out of both sides of your mouth. Can't have things both ways, man. You win some and you lose some, and getting McNamara was way more important than Proctor in terms of being able to make a difference.

Also, as a recovering NFL fan, if you think you're going to have more following that cesspool of primadonnas and come away from it smelling better you are gonna be sorely disappointed.

I quit watching NFL about 6 years ago. I even managed to avoid it on Thanksgiving this year, which was a first for me. The NFL is a trash organization that killed one of the greatest Hawkeyes ever with their discriminatory salary scale that forced Cal Jones into the CFL. Literally nothing they do will bring him back.

I grew up watching NFL every Sunday with my dad. My son has grown up in a world with no NFL. We hike, fish, build models, run, play old school Nintendo games, play Hot Wheels, go to the trampoline park, work on his electronics kit, etc. I used to think my encyclopedic knowledge of the NFL and my fairy tale football team were cool, now I shudder that I wasted so much time on it. But I will forever love my Hawkeyes even if college football turns into a shitshow. But I will never again have cable or a streaming service to watch them because I refuse to pay into that trash system.

David Eickholt and Sean Bock(both cover Iowa and are with 247 sports) They both have their Crystal Ball saying they are 91% Proctor will flip to Alabama.

This is the “new norm” What sucks is fans are going to sit through a month of this crap every December. Wondering who is transferring, decommiting for bigger payouts and who is going to be in a biding war for his services after every season. The Swarm program sounds great but no way it can compete with the Alabama, Oregon and other schools with deep pockets.

I would think if he was 100% committed to Iowa he wouldn’t have went on such late recruiting trips. Sounds like he is just using his Iowa commitment so other schools will try and out bid each other.

NCAA sports will be worse then the NFL. Money talks and unlike the NFL, there is an unlimited supply of it. Right for the taking..

So we still have a chance

:cool:

5 stars rarely come to Iowa and some flirt and then go to Alabama. Not going to lie, but it's been like that already for 30 years. I think eventually it will level out and you will see schools from the B1G and SEC that are really the only programs with a shot. I think Iowa will still be successful in this model. I also think our program doesn't hinge on 1 players decision. I think they'll pull a lot more from the portal IMO, but likely aren't going to compete with schools like AL or TOSU.

So, again, exactly like it's been for as long as I've been watching.

Yeah, The Hawks for a long time have been, perhaps the best, at developing 3-star players into
the NFL

The major perennial Top 20 teams will always have a boatload of 4/5 Star players on the field
and sitting on the bench

Nothing has really changed

Proctor is gone, carrying a stink/stain on him that will be washed off with a greenback bath

F him and rinse him away

Last edited:
I'm losing interest in college football. Seriously. What a joke.

I think it is time for me to adopt an NFL team. At least they have some rules and a draft to try to level the playing field. It is not perfect, but they know what they are. Professionals. The NFL is well run and they have rules.

College football stinks to high heaven. Only a few teams will be able to pay the price now for the elite players, and the price will keep going up and up, as it has with coaching salaries. And the Big Ten, which used to stand for something, plays right along because the money is the only thing that matters now.

Nick Saban is a total hypocrite, by the way. He was whining earlier in the year about other schools buying players. There is a special place in hell for people like him.

It simply isn't sustainable.
I love the Hawkeyes - but college football has always been a joke to me for so many reasons (finally some people are starting to see how bowl games are meaningless besides extra practice).

I'm not going to hate on proctor too much.. but i will be honest and say kids from Iowa that go out of state to play football.... I hardly care about their career paths.

also - the don't tweet recruits thing.... is seriously causing me conflictions. Not that I would ever tweet at a recruit or an Iowa player anything negative because I wouldn't....

but HS recruits have agents now. HS recruits are being paid large salaries to play college football. Collectives and schools are asking fans to fund these payments. While I would never tweet at at a player, I am starting to understand why people do and I don't think we can shield these guys anymore

This dude seemed to sum it all up pretty well... Good grief. If she's willing to throw that out on twitter then yeah that's all we need to know about how he's being influenced. Feels like they waited till now just to flex their bargaining power to Oregon and Bama both. Flip too soon like months ago they may have left $ on the table. Feels like they broke the bank. They wrote a song about this once. Don't hate the player...

however not getting players like proctor is what you get when you aim for mediocre.

You have to win something.
There's only 4 teams currently making the PO - that's all there is to win. Iowa is not aiming mediocre and besides the same 4 or 5 schools, NO ONE is getting 100% of who they want or target and even in those school's cases, I am sure plenty of top talent and players will leave their school or decommit. This isn't an Iowa thing. I mean, it is with Proctor, but it's happening to literally every school right now. Has nothing to do with aiming for mediocre needing to "win" something, as you're describing 95% of the sport.

There's only 4 teams currently making the PO - that's all there is to win. Iowa is not aiming mediocre and besides the same 4 or 5 schools, NO ONE is getting 100% of who they want or target and even in those school's cases, I am sure plenty of top talent and players will leave their school or decommit. This isn't an Iowa thing. I mean, it is with Proctor, but it's happening to literally every school right now. Has nothing to do with aiming for mediocre needing to "win" something, as you're describing 95% of the sport.

Are you serious with this? It's not like Alabama is such a more populated state either... like 25th vs 32nd.

Of course it has to do with winning. Alabama has been winning everything for 15 years. It's partially why they have the money to offer.

But I gave up a long time ago thinking Iowa would ever win anything in football.

I'm much more an NFL fan where the playing field is even.

Iowa signed Erik All because they aim for mediocre. He was a 4 star recruit. Iowa has him now. Cade is a 4 star QB - they have him now and didn't before.

This is just how it is. Every school is going to lose and gain - the top ones will lose and gain more. Programs that can identify and develop talent will still do well, especially the ones in the B1G and SEC.

10 years from now it will be these 2 conferences and everyone else

also - the don't tweet recruits thing.... is seriously causing me conflictions. Not that I would ever tweet at a recruit or an Iowa player anything negative because I wouldn't....

but HS recruits have agents now. HS recruits are being paid large salaries to play college football. Collectives and schools are asking fans to fund these payments. While I would never tweet at at a player, I am starting to understand why people do and I don't think we can shield these guys anymore
For good bad or indifferent toothpaste is out. Those folks feel emboldened to do so. (be it they actually contribute to the collectives or not) For those that do though yeah they feel like they should have strings attached to that $. But there's no receipts for that. These kids are yr to yr FAs. When I was 17/18 I changed my mind about stuff all the dang time. Expecting kids to do the right thing when being pulled in 14 different directions isn't the easiest thing.

Iowa signed Erik All because they aim for mediocre. He was a 4 star recruit. Iowa has him now. Cade is a 4 star QB - they have him now and didn't before.

This is just how it is. Every school is going to lose and gain - the top ones will lose and gain more. Programs that can identify and develop talent will still do well, especially the ones in the B1G and SEC.

10 years from now it will be these 2 conferences and everyone else
10 years from now we still will have never won shit.

I ain't mad really... accepted it long ago.

Latest posts