This Is The Proctor Thread

He’s gone, we will never recruit another 5 star guy in this NIL era. Even if we get a verbal it’s not happening.

David Eickholt and Sean Bock(both cover Iowa and are with 247 sports) They both have their Crystal Ball saying they are 91% Proctor will flip to Alabama.

This is the “new norm” What sucks is fans are going to sit through a month of this crap every December. Wondering who is transferring, decommiting for bigger payouts and who is going to be in a biding war for his services after every season. The Swarm program sounds great but no way it can compete with the Alabama, Oregon and other schools with deep pockets.

I would think if he was 100% committed to Iowa he wouldn’t have went on such late recruiting trips. Sounds like he is just using his Iowa commitment so other schools will try and out bid each other.

NCAA sports will be worse then the NFL. Money talks and unlike the NFL, there is an unlimited supply of it. Right for the taking..
91% is kind of an odd number. Hell, just say 90 or 95%. lol. Wonder how they got to 91.

I'm losing interest in college football. Seriously. What a joke.

I think it is time for me to adopt an NFL team. At least they have some rules and a draft to try to level the playing field. It is not perfect, but they know what they are. Professionals. The NFL is well run and they have rules.

College football stinks to high heaven. Only a few teams will be able to pay the price now for the elite players, and the price will keep going up and up, as it has with coaching salaries. And the Big Ten, which used to stand for something, plays right along because the money is the only thing that matters now.

Nick Saban is a total hypocrite, by the way. He was whining earlier in the year about other schools buying players. There is a special place in hell for people like him.

It simply isn't sustainable.

I admit I am the grumpy old man but until a mass number of people stop watching these pointless, worthless bowl games and stop watching games or going to games not one thing will change. I realize none of this will happen so old grumpy people like me just need to find something else to care about and do on Saturdays.
The fact that teams are showing up to these bowl games down 20-30 players is really unsafe. At some point someone may have to stand up and say this.

I think it is time for me to adopt an NFL team. At least they have some rules and a draft to try to level the playing field. It is not perfect, but they know what they are. Professionals. The NFL is well run and they have rules.

College football stinks to high heaven. Only a few teams will be able to pay the price now for the elite players, and the price will keep going up and up, as it has with coaching salaries. And the Big Ten, which used to stand for something, plays right along because the money is the only thing that matters now.

Nick Saban is a total hypocrite, by the way. He was whining earlier in the year about other schools buying players. There is a special place in hell for people like him.

Yea, it is completely off balance. Iowa and the majority of other schools aren't going to sniff a top 50 player, ever.

The only way they can make it relatively fair and monitor this thing is get the boosters out of funding the players privately. Let the schools have a NIL account to distribute and manage the distribution and cap it for the schools. They can spend so much and distribute so much per year. That is the easiest way to audit it and police it. Have a menu of penalties for infractions and stick by it. It would provide $$$ to the athletes and help with parity for college sports.

Now I know OK4Pres and some others are going to say that will never work for legal reasons but that is the only way to tame this. I didn't say it would work, I merely say that is the only way to keep parity in college sports. Yes, it wouldn't work having the private boosters deal directly with the athletes, but maybe it would if the schools are appointed to manage and distribute the funds.

Iowa is going to be one of those schools who can't quite get the 5 star or top 4 stars then will have players plucked from them from the portal. Sucks.

I admit I am the grumpy old man but until a mass number of people stop watching these pointless, worthless bowl games and stop watching games or going to games not one thing will change. I realize none of this will happen so old grumpy people like me just need to find something else to care about and do on Saturdays.
The fact that teams are showing up to these bowl games down 20-30 players is really unsafe. At some point someone may have to stand up and say this.

I don't think teams are down 25 players, are they? But, I get your point. These games are pretty much glorified scrimmages now and a cash grab.

5 stars rarely come to Iowa and some flirt and then go to Alabama. Not going to lie, but it's been like that already for 30 years. I think eventually it will level out and you will see schools from the B1G and SEC that are really the only programs with a shot. I think Iowa will still be successful in this model. I also think our program doesn't hinge on 1 players decision. I think they'll pull a lot more from the portal IMO, but likely aren't going to compete with schools like AL or TOSU.

So, again, exactly like it's been for as long as I've been watching.

I read an article that said Florida was without 26 scholarship players for their game Saturday. Gatorcountry.com was the twitter site. Covers Florida football.

From last years LSU-Kansas State bowl game...
LSU has just 39 scholarship players available with zero scholarship quarterbacks among them.

Couple notable gurus on 247 have placed Proctor strongly in the Alabama crystal ball camp as of this morning............including an Iowa contributor.

Not good

Aw hell. Would have been two years max at Iowa and then NFL. Don’t waste your time on guys for whom you don’t have the $$ to buy.

David Eickholt and Sean Bock(both cover Iowa and are with 247 sports) They both have their Crystal Ball saying they are 91% Proctor will flip to Alabama.

This is the “new norm” What sucks is fans are going to sit through a month of this crap every December. Wondering who is transferring, decommiting for bigger payouts and who is going to be in a biding war for his services after every season. The Swarm program sounds great but no way it can compete with the Alabama, Oregon and other schools with deep pockets.

I would think if he was 100% committed to Iowa he wouldn’t have went on such late recruiting trips. Sounds like he is just using his Iowa commitment so other schools will try and out bid each other.

NCAA sports will be worse then the NFL. Money talks and unlike the NFL, there is an unlimited supply of it. Right for the taking..
Their crystal ball also had that Alabama portal WR coming to the Hawks. They don't know for sure and they've been wrong before.

Sad how many adults are on Twitter trashing KP and his mom.

Let it play out. It's okay to be disappointed if it doesn't go our way but not cool to attack the kid personally.

Last edited:
Aw hell. Would have been two years max at Iowa and then NFL. Don’t waste your time on guys for whom you don’t have the $$ to buy.
he can get that at any school tho and still get paid. At Bama he will have the same opportunity but will get more money, play in higher profile games and STILL go to the NFL. Bama puts em in the league at a higher rate than Iowa.

But again, Iowa's future doesn't lay in the balance of one player. Iowa returns a lot on the line next season and I think you'll see them pick up a few pieces in the portal in light of the news that KP is going to Bama. Either way Iowa is just fine.

he can get that at any school tho and still get paid. At Bama he will have the same opportunity but will get more money, play in higher profile games and STILL go to the NFL. Bama puts em in the league at a higher rate than Iowa.

But again, Iowa's future doesn't lay in the balance of one player. Iowa returns a lot on the line next season and I think you'll see them pick up a few pieces in the portal in light of the news that KP is going to Bama. Either way Iowa is just fine.
This.

Iowa landing a QB who's shown he can handle pressure and move his feet when he needs to is way more important Proctor would've ever been.

I don't agree that kids should get shit from the fans, and you won't see me tweeting at any of them, but NIL money has kind of opened up that wound. These guys are now commodities that should have the same set of rules any paid professional has to deal with. That's kind of how the world works. You're getting paid, deal with it.

If Proctor leaves now it will suck, but let the kid decide what he feels is best for his situation. For fans complaining about him not living up to his verbal commitment, know that Iowa has flipped kids from MAC & FCS schools in the past and ended up with great players (Geno Stone, Desmond King, etc). It happens, but no one likes it when it happens to them.

In today's college football, who knows, maybe he goes to Alabama for a year and realizes he doesn't like it and maybe transfers back to Iowa. Probably long shot, but who knows, so no sense Iowa fans burning a bridge that doesn't need to be burned just because you're mad at a 18 year old kid making a life changing decision.

This.

Iowa landing a QB who's shown he can handle pressure and move his feet when he needs to is way more important Proctor would've ever been.
We'll get to find out to an extent anyway. Our Oline being bad the last couple yrs has a lot of fans with a bad taste in their mouths and the thirst for a savior. Proctor was being looked at as that by many. Guys like Gallery and Scherff sure made their impacts on the program. This kid seems as can't miss as can be. But he hasn't played a D1 game yet. Dude could shred his knee on day 1. Or he could just be too big and slow for D1 DEs. Or he could be Anthony Munoz and be a HOFer down the road. Time will tell.

If Proctor leaves now it will suck, but let the kid decide what he feels is best for his situation. For fans complaining about him not living up to his verbal commitment, know that Iowa has flipped kids from MAC & FCS schools in the past and ended up with great players (Geno Stone, Desmond King, etc). It happens, but no one likes it when it happens to them.

In today's college football, who knows, maybe he goes to Alabama for a year and realizes he doesn't like it and maybe transfers back to Iowa. Probably long shot, but who knows, so no sense Iowa fans burning a bridge that doesn't need to be burned just because you're mad at a 18 year old kid making a life changing decision.
I can't see the Iowa staff burning any bridge, they understand that more than anyone at the current. As badly as this seems with this particular player, it's as likely Iowa will land another big fish or that some of these guys will re-open their recruiting cycle in a couple years. Iowa is in a very good spot at least from a competitive standpoint and putting players into the NFL. That's going to play well for Iowa. Iowa will succeed in the new world of college sports as long as they have a good coaching staff.

I read an article that said Florida was without 26 scholarship players for their game Saturday. Gatorcountry.com was the twitter site. Covers Florida football.

Wow. Yea, that's a lot. Perhaps the reason why it was announced to let redshirt players participate in bowl games.

True he did whine. But so what? He's adjusted to the times. What has Iowa done? Been slow to get the collective going and be even slower at pushing the recruiting lines. Before this yr we've treated the transfer portal like the plague instead of a tool. We still could do more with it.

I don't blame Iowa for losing Proctor that's on the kid changing his mind. He was being offered the moon by lots of other programs too he just picked Bama. Proctor is in control of what he does nobody else. How he's handled all this is on him. Rumor is he let Iowa coaches know via text.... Ouch...

Latest posts