This is gonna be a LOOONG season

This is where I am at as well. Jordan played very well last season with similar line ups yet he's now the reason we suck for a lot of posters who are here for their pound of flesh since Iowa has stumbled out of the gates. I haven't missed a single second of this team this season and while I will agree that Jordan's defense has not been great, he's also just a part of the problem not the main problem. No ones defense has been great, especially our bigs. Our post defense is #1 on my list along with Jordan having to play too many minutes now.

Moss is the reason we suck for a lot of posters on here.

Moss is the reason we suck for a lot of posters on here.
Only eggheads like you think there is only one reason/player why we suck. In reality we suck for a variety of reasons.

1. Too many turnovers (especially live ball turnovers that lead to dunks the other way)
2. Bad perimeter defense
3. Bad interior defense
4. Not boxing out and allowing the other team extra possessions (as an aside I’ve never seen a team allow as many offensive rebounds on opponent free throws as Iowa)
5. Offense gets stagnant at times and no real driving threats to create something

I've seen multiple posters say it's not that our point guard position that's the problem it's the shooting guard position which is Moss.

Still haven't seen that or Moss called out for much. I am one of the multiple posters who think PG is still a plus for this team more then a minus and that there is plenty of blame to go around. If we had a PG that could penetrate and play defense that doesn't really solve our post defensive issues.... which currently is - other teams score at will against us in the post and really it hasn't been the guy Jbo is guarding that's doing it.

Only eggheads like you think there is only one reason/player why we suck. In reality we suck for a variety of reasons.

1. Too many turnovers (especially live ball turnovers that lead to dunks the other way)
2. Bad perimeter defense
3. Bad interior defense
4. Not boxing out and allowing the other team extra possessions (as an aside I’ve never seen a team allow as many offensive rebounds on opponent free throws as Iowa)
5. Offense gets stagnant at times and no real driving threats to create something
6. Poor In-game Coaching

I personally thought the first half against VT was the best the teams played against the best team they've played all season. It felt like a different vibe for the team the entire first half. They were dialed in, playing well on a good teams home court. The 2nd half, they absolutely fell right back into what has ailed them so far this season. Jacking up bad 3's (Baer especially) and shots and jogging back on defense and getting smoked in transition.

I personally thought the first half against VT was the best the teams played against the best team they've played all season. It felt like a different vibe for the team the entire first half. They were dialed in, playing well on a good teams home court. The 2nd half, they absolutely fell right back into what has ailed them so far this season. Jacking up bad 3's (Baer especially) and shots and jogging back on defense and getting smoked in transition.

That's pretty concerning if the best we have played all season left us tied with a middle of the pack ACC team at half.

You guys are relentless... just don't jump back on the ship when this team figures things out... and they will or Fran will be gone. It's that simple. I'm not saying this season, I'm saying - this core is here for the next 3-4 years and this board has pretty much declared them all bums by their Sophomore season.

Wow, you are so negative. Pointing out glaring weaknesses isn't declaring anyone bums. This team can't/won't win without either a pg or someone who can slash to the rim from the perimeter. Who would that be?

Wow, you are so negative. Pointing out glaring weaknesses isn't declaring anyone bums. This team can't/won't win without either a pg or someone who can slash to the rim from the perimeter. Who would that be?

They've won without that for years now... Who was the slasher on any of the last 4 teams? ... Pointing out weaknesses is part of what a message board is for. Point away sire... but the vibe now on here is the team, the coach, the recruiting and everything sucks and is being called "pathetic" and people are rumbling about wanting Fran gone because of the slow start. I am definitely not negative about anything. I am disappointed in the start but I am willing to give the team time unlike the majority on here.

ps... all of this sucks - to be this bad. I hate it. I'm pissed! I curse loudly at the TV. I just aint gonna take a dump on everything along with you guys... that's all. I still like the make up of this team...but we are a guard or 2 short, which Connor has been out and Williams transferred out the opening week of the season. That might have had an impact.

They've won without that for years now... Who was the slasher on any of the last 4 teams? ... Pointing out weaknesses is part of what a message board is for. Point away sire... but the vibe now on here is the team, the coach, the recruiting and everything sucks and is being called "pathetic" and people are rumbling about wanting Fran gone because of the slow start. I am definitely not negative about anything. I am disappointed in the start but I am willing to give the team time unlike the majority on here.

No they didn't. Jok, Marble, Uthoff..... Who is that guy this year? The one with the highest upside on that was Williams. Uhl and AW have shown flashes of flashes, but if they aren't doing by now they aren't going to do it.

Seriously, you did call them bums. I haven't heard many on here call out players. You actually just did in a round about way because what you've said just hasn't been said much by anyone.

I will wholeheartedly say that Fran didn't thrill me at the start. I will call out that his is out of control and think he is detrimental to the team that way. Others disagree. I expected a collapse last year but it didn't. Jok surprised me on the upside. Something missed about Jok is that with him in the game, the level of intensity increased. That impacts both teams on O and D.

ps... all of this sucks - to be this bad. I hate it. I'm pissed! I curse loudly at the TV. I just aint gonna take a dump on everything along with you guys... that's all. I still like the make up of this team...but we are a guard or 2 short, which Connor has been out and Williams transferred out the opening week of the season. That might have had an impact.
tenor.gif

No they didn't. Jok, Marble, Uthoff..... Who is that guy this year? The one with the highest upside on that was Williams. Uhl and AW have shown flashes of flashes, but if they aren't doing by now they aren't going to do it.

Seriously, you did call them bums
. I haven't heard many on here call out players. You actually just did in a round about way because what you've said just hasn't been said much by anyone.

I will wholeheartedly say that Fran didn't thrill me at the start. I will call out that his is out of control and think he is detrimental to the team that way. Others disagree. I expected a collapse last year but it didn't. Jok surprised me on the upside. Something missed about Jok is that with him in the game, the level of intensity increased. That impacts both teams on O and D.

Seriously, no I didn't....You might need to go re-read. ... and Jok and Uthoff were not slashers to basket. Marble developed into that. Not sure if you're being serious about any of that, so if you're just joking then I ...haha good one. Despite the slow start and failing my expectations, I still have a lot of faith in the team and Fran to get it figured out. The vibe on this board does not share my opinion and that's ok. I am an optimist about Iowa sports and I am A OK with that fact.

Seriously, no I didn't....You might need to go re-read. ... and Jok and Uthoff were not slashers to basket. Marble developed into that. Not sure if you're being serious about any of that, so if you're just joking then I ...haha good one. Despite the slow start and failing my expectations, I still have a lot of faith in the team and Fran to get it figured out. The vibe on this board does not share my opinion and that's ok. I am an optimist about Iowa sports and I am A OK with that fact.

You are the one's using sucks and bums. You called out Jordan's defense.

It's not the players. The players are fine when played where they should be. They can't be played where they should be as they are always a step behind because we don't have the one player we should have. All else breaks down around that. Everything else is a half step behind.

We've been soundly beaten by teams that aren't that good. Not freak losses by hot teams. UNO last year was sort of like that. This year we've lost to multiple UNO's. We were crushed in the last game. The injured player coming back isn't that kind of a player either.

I hope you are right and I am wrong. My big issue is your exaggeration by some pointing it out. You and Dean seem to believe you are the only one's who can point out weaknesses properly. That's what is offensive.

Latest posts