This Board is Filled with Tavern Hoks

Question: have you, now or in the past, bought and used Iowa FB season tickets?

Nope, never been in the budget. It's been in the plans before, but something always came up. Once our youngest starts schools and our 2nd mortgage is paid off it'll probably be more realistic.

Now that you got the answer you wanted, go ahead and say what you really wanted to say.

Nope, never been in the budget. It's been in the plans before, but something always came up. Once our youngest starts schools and our 2nd mortgage is paid off it'll probably be more realistic.

Now that you got the answer you wanted, go ahead and say what you really wanted to say.

​U R TEH TAVERNHOK!!!!

I wanted to know if you held season tickets because I was curious how you felt about the value proposition that Iowa FB (KF) currently offers. Since you don't pony up for STs, I'm no longer interested in your opinion.

I wanted to know if you held season tickets because I was curious how you felt about the value proposition that Iowa FB (KF) currently offers. Since you don't pony up for STs, I'm no longer interested in your opinion.

I have to get season tickets before I can have an opinion on a potential ROI? When did that start?

I have to get season tickets before I can have an opinion on a potential ROI? When did that start?

You don't get the opinion cuz you don't dump the dolla dolla bills into the tix like double down does. It makes him expert.

You, sir, are a tavernhok because of it. (Three times now?).

I carry the freight for one ST at Kinnick. Used to be two, but I cut it back to 1. One ticket to Iowa costs more than my 2 tickets (slightly better seats than I have at Kinnick) and good parking pass at Northwestern. Record bince 2006:

Northwestern: 51-39
Iowa: 51-39

I love the Hawks and I really like Big Ten football, but I gotta admit, it doesn't take an engineer from Iowa State to point out that the value proposition just ain't there for Iowa football right now. At this point, the only reason I'm buying is to ensure I don't get locked out of a future run as I doubt I'll go to another game this year (maybe Wisconsin). I really, really, really wish that the "donation" tied to the tickets could be directed to academics or tuition reduction for kids rather than the facilities renovations, Kurt's salary and fluffing the budgets of non-revenue sports, even if I had to pay double for the donation. I would not complain about the value proposition then because the tickets would actually be roughly equivalent in price to NU's and I would feel like my donation would be doing something good for the University at large rather than enriching Ferentz, Barta and the rich girl from Hoffman Estates, IL who is good at field hockey but who was too dumb to get into Johns Hopkins who gets a full ride out of state tuition athletic scholarship to keep the school in compliance with Title IX.

this board is more than 'fan grumbling'. hell, the tavern hok fans behind my folks at the games grumbled winning games because norm didn't know the game (blitz!), and Ken Keefe took the 'o' out of 'offense'........

iowa hok fan is spoiled. more delusional fan base? clowns, and by a long shot....but just sayin'......

(Imported-ankle) you are a perfect example of a Tavern Hok fan then cry being the little brother in the state. When that fails you try deflecting the problems of the UofI sports programs to cover your bottom. Grow up and post like a true fan !

Did I say that? No. No, I didn't.
I said I don't give a rip about your opinion of what season ticket holders should and should not expect as a return on their investment, since you don't have any skin in the game.

umad-meme-generator-u-mad-bro-u-mad-319409.jpg

He's always mad and in his mind always right.

Did I say that? No. No, I didn't.
I said I don't give a rip about your opinion of what season ticket holders should and should not expect as a return on their investment, since you don't have any skin in the game.

I don't believe I ever made any comments about what those who spend their disposable income on season tickets can or can't expect.

What I did say is that if you hate the product on the field and/or coach so bad and believe a change at the top is necessary - if it means that much to you - speak with your wallet.

The empty seats at Carver spoke louder than any single fans or group of fans ever could, and no doubt played a large part in Lick being shown the door. You never know, but the same thing may work with football.

I've invested tens of thousands of dollars in this university and its athletic department. I expect to at least be mildly entertained by the football team.

You were forced to do so, obviously. If you hate the product on the field so much, close your wallet.

What "point" would that be?

The one where Kurt and Gar Bar put a gun to mah head and forced me to empty mah wallet? That "point?"

Oh, so you're saying that was a decision you made all on your own?

I don't believe I ever made any comments about what those who spend their disposable income on season tickets can or can't expect.

You did, as evidenced above, but nevertheless, my point was that your opinion is irrelevant. A non season ticket-holder giving advice to a season ticket holder is as meaningless and absurd as a lazy fat guy telling a triathlete which running shoes to wear.

You did, as evidenced above, but nevertheless, my point was that your opinion is irrelevant. A non season ticket-holder giving advice to a season ticket holder is as meaningless and absurd as a lazy fat guy telling a triathlete which running shoes to wear.

Gotcha. Thanks Dad!

Latest posts