This Board is Filled with Tavern Hoks

I hate the term "hok"...it makes my Cyclone friends have to stop and explain to me each time they use it when we're talking face to face about our teams...and then they don't get it when I try to call their team the "psych loans"...

I guess as long as you're not sitting on your throne then I guess KingSofaHok, or in your case QueenSofaHok.

All of us TavernHoks should band together, form a group, and then............errrrr....nvm

(sigh)

King if the sofa wasnt what I was going for der....

Would that be like a "group" on HN? The hawks fans that never went to school there, another for the drop outs, another for those that just hate ISU...

King if the sofa wasnt what I was going for der....

Damn! I swung and missed on that one.

Would that be like a "group" on HN? The hawks fans that never went to school there, another for the drop outs, another for those that just hate ISU...

That could happen once TavernHoks starting fighting amongst each other for superiority. Might need subgroups like TavernHokHSGrads and TavernHokDropOuts, I could see us HS grads acting all superior over the drop outs. Making fun of their construction jobs while we sit in comfy cubicles.

What if you're the king of your sofa?

I posted a kingof the sofa that was broke hok but I deleted the post because you never know when that bannhammer will land on you for trying to get around the filter.........at least I think thats still a rule. With how bad this board is getting it can afford to lose me.

I hate the term "hok"...it makes my Cyclone friends have to stop and explain to me each time they use it when we're talking face to face about our teams...and then they don't get it when I try to call their team the "psych loans"...
What a bunch of homophones.

I am a tavern hawk or hok or whatever. Been a fan since I was a little kid. Didn't go to school there but have been followign the Hawks since about 1982. Go to about 2 -3 home games a year and always make 1 away game. The best programs in the country have large followings outside of there alumni base. So what is your beef with us? If I am not mistaken, Mr. Miller would be comnsidred a Tavern Hawk by definition but nobody would ever question is dedication because he diod not graduate form the U of I.

Can you shed the Tavern Hawk label if you went to a school ranked higher than Iowa in US News and World Report's rankings of the top Universities in America?

You did, as evidenced above, but nevertheless, my point was that your opinion is irrelevant. A non season ticket-holder giving advice to a season ticket holder is as meaningless and absurd as a lazy fat guy telling a triathlete which running shoes to wear.

You're a season ticket holder? WOW! May I have your autograph?

Jon, you need to have a way to mark the season ticket holders. That way if they have an opinion us non season ticket holders know not to question them. Put a gold star next to their name or something, thanks in advance.

Liek.

Also, does that make the rest of us GameDay(tm) Hox?

I am a tavern hawk or hok or whatever. Been a fan since I was a little kid. Didn't go to school there but have been followign the Hawks since about 1982. Go to about 2 -3 home games a year and always make 1 away game. The best programs in the country have large followings outside of there alumni base. So what is your beef with us? If I am not mistaken, Mr. Miller would be comnsidred a Tavern Hawk by definition but nobody would ever question is dedication because he diod not graduate form the U of I.

i don't have a beef with people like yourself. i'm just extending 'tavern hok' to people on this board who are incredibly negative/ignorant/dumb. of course 'tavern hoks' (i.e. fans of program) are embraced.

i don't have a beef with people like yourself. i'm just extending 'tavern hok' to people on this board who are incredibly negative/ignorant/dumb. of course 'tavern hoks' (i.e. fans of program) are embraced.

Ohh perfect then to people who dont agree with you, you can be a tavernhok also.

I don't see a huge difference between now and 06-07-11-12 message board wise. If you take away 09, Kirk does not get his extended contract and he may or may not be our coach today. 09 was a lucky season anyway you slice it. We did not dominate teams. We won the close ones. If 09 went the way the other seasons have gone since 05 and we ended up 7-5 I think we are complaining about a new coach in 13.

Actually we did dominate teams in '09. It's just that Kirk found ways to keep the games close.

I started liking the hawks when I was a little kid because their uniforms were cooler then the cyclones. Once I graduated high school and chose not to go to college I should have probably quit caring about them. It was tough to do tho because at that same time I was coming to the realization that I would never play in the NFL so I knew I couldn't follow one of those teams either. I guess my football watching days are over.

Latest posts