There is no doubt in my mind....

SpiderRico

....that this whole Dolph thing has Fran and Margaret written all over it. They both are vindictive enough to make it happen and Barta is spineless enough to allow it to happen.

I’m 99.99% sure, as well, that that is exactly what Jon is intimating in his article without coming out and saying it outright. Especially in light of how both Fran and Margaret have treated other media members during their time here.

I'd say Fran is still looking at Dolph and deciding whether his "body of work" is good enough. Fran's having a good year...but I hate the body of work comeback to any question about poor performance or results.

....that this whole Dolph thing has Fran and Margaret written all over it. They both are vindictive enough to make it happen and Barta is spineless enough to allow it to happen.

I’m 99.99% sure, as well, that that is exactly what Jon is intimating in his article without coming out and saying it outright. Especially in light of how both Fran and Margaret have treated other media members during their time here.

So, if Fran has something to do with this, when would he or Margaret listen to the broadcast? Why would a coach listen to a radio broadcast of his game. There would be no value in it. Maybe Margaret heard it if she was at a West High game and listened on the way home, but seriously no way Fran would have a clue unless told after the fact.

There is no way that Fran actually finds the comment offensive. So if he was behind it, that means he was willing to bury a guy for doing nothing wrong. If it comes out that this is true, I wont support Fran at all. That would be inexcusable.

So, if Fran has something to do with this, when would he or Margaret listen to the broadcast? Why would a coach listen to a radio broadcast of his game. There would be no value in it. Maybe Margaret heard it if she was at a West High game and listened on the way home, but seriously no way Fran would have a clue unless told after the fact.
Yeah, because no one else could let them know. :confused:

Here is the thing I don't get. They already had their reason to get rid of him if they wanted to. Why would they need another reason? They don't need the King Kong copout to end the relationship.

Also Dolph has been doing this for over 20 years. After that much time, he's had to say almost everything more than once. I wish someone could dig up audio of him using King Kong in the past. Especially for a white guy.

Yeah, because no one else could let them know. :confused:

So what do you think happened? Someone went to Fran and told him about it. Then Fran did one of two things. He was either really bothered by the comment and wanted justice, or he thought "here's my chance to get this guy out once and for all". Do you really think Fran would do that to someone? Do you really think he needed to do that if he wanted him gone? I always assumed this was going to be his last year anyway. If Fran has enough weight to bring down Dolph over something everyone knows is BS, doesn't he have enough weight to bring him down anyway?

Jon says the most obvious answer is probably the right one. Isnt the most obvious answer that Iowa is horrendous at PR, they got an email from some idiot, and they handled it exactly how they handle everything else. Terrible.

So what do you think happened? Someone went to Fran and told him about it. Then Fran did one of two things. He was either really bothered by the comment and wanted justice, or he thought "here's my chance to get this guy out once and for all". Do you really think Fran would do that to someone? Do you really think he needed to do that if he wanted him gone? I always assumed this was going to be his last year anyway. If Fran has enough weight to bring down Dolph over something everyone knows is BS, doesn't he have enough weight to bring him down anyway?

Jon says the most obvious answer is probably the right one. Isnt the most obvious answer that Iowa is horrendous at PR, they got an email from some idiot, and they handled it exactly how they handle everything else. Terrible.
You missed Jon's point for one and you are extremely naive and/or have not been paying attention to drama over Fran/Dolph relationship if you actually think Fran can't stoop this low. The guy is a bomb waiting to explode every single game, maybe every press conference.

You missed Jon's point for one and you are extremely naive and/or have not been paying attention to drama over Fran/Dolph relationship if you actually think Fran can't stoop this low. The guy is a bomb waiting to explode every single game, maybe every press conference.

There is a HUGE difference between being petty over something and knowingly, wrongfully branding someone a racist so they lose their job. You saying that Fran is obviously capable of doing that to someone because he yells at refs and doesn't like Dolph over a ticket incident is absurd.

Want the really simplest explanation for the suspension? How about, the firm that suspended Dolph heard/saw the comment he made and the person in charge made the decision. Geez. Enough drama already. BTW, just to be clear, I think a sit down with Dolph and a request that he make a public apology, end of story, would have been a better outcome. I simply do not buy the idea that Barta, Fran, Margaret, orchestrated this event. Too many assumptions.

There is a HUGE difference between being petty over something and knowingly, wrongfully branding someone a racist so they lose their job. You saying that Fran is obviously capable of doing that to someone because he yells at refs and doesn't like Dolph over a ticket incident is absurd.
No, I'm looking at this situation rationally. You are being extremely naive. Why don't we just agree to disagree, so I don't have to have a pointless argument. Thanks.

You know how we could possibly get answers to these questions so there would be less speculation?

The AD holds a press conference and answers questions.

I guess that would be OK. Two concerns: Why not push for the decision makers to explain their reasoning? And, that would require GB to secure the information as to why the decision to suspend Dolph was made and then either defend or critique that suspension. We now have second hand information. Now it’s about Gary, not Dolph and the people who suspended him.

You know how we could possibly get answers to these questions so there would be less speculation?

The AD holds a press conference and answers questions.

He is giving everyone a long time to come up with a good list of questions that is for sure. I'm not much for drama and often times think things get blown out of proportion. But this is one instance that I sure hope people don't let die until we get to the bottom of it somewhat as it is that bad.
I know Fran won't go on Murph & Andy's show because of pettiness. Hard telling what other grudges he holds against you media guys.

He is giving everyone a long time to come up with a good list of questions that is for sure. I'm not much for drama and often times think things get blown out of proportion. But this is one instance that I sure hope people don't let die until we get to the bottom of it somewhat as it is that bad.
I know Fran won't go on Murph & Andy's show because of pettiness. Hard telling what other grudges he holds against you media guys.
Everyone seems to understand that Fran is petty as hell except for PC who thinks Fran is above it all. :rolleyes:

Which guy is waiting to explode, Fran or Dolph? Just curious. I think you are talking about Fran as I dont think Dolph does press conferences unless he is the emcee.