Theo Epstein to Cubs?

True, but I think they have to give up something. I would hate to see them give up draft picks as the farm system is what needs the most attention.

True, but I think they have to give up something. I would hate to see them give up draft picks as the farm system is what needs the most attention.

You aren't allowed to trade draft picks in MLB.

It has to be either money or players

A GM is a part of it. The last Cubs GM was a hot commodity from his success in Minnesota.

You have to have owners that will spend money, and then the shrewdness of a GM to spend it right.

The Cubs got Soriano at a bad time; who knew the league was going to start cracking down on PED's?

This is an old club...and has a LOT of problems...it's going to be a long term process.

Hendry didn't have any history with the Twins. I'm fairly certain you're talking about Andy Macphail who was the GM before Hendry. That was some time ago.

You're correct that the GM, however, is just one piece to the puzzle but it was time for Hendry to go, kind of like Ferentz's crappy sarcasm and smart-aleck remarks when a reporter asks him a tough question he doesn't like.

I'm not saying Ferentz needs to go, just his unwitty, crappy sarcastic comments.

I havent seen or heard this explained anywhere but what is the difference between the position he has now with the Sox and the one he may accept with the Cubs?

He is Executive Vice President/General Manager with Boston and I believe I read last night that his position with the Cubs would be Director of Operations.

Anybody know the difference and what Theo's job responsibilities would be with the Cubs if he accepts?

I havent seen or heard this explained anywhere but what is the difference between the position he has now with the Sox and the one he may accept with the Cubs?

He is Executive Vice President/General Manager with Boston and I believe I read last night that his position with the Cubs would be Director of Operations.

Anybody know the difference and what Theo's job responsibilities would be with the Cubs if he accepts?

In Boston he reports to two people (the owner and the president). In Chicago he'll only report to the owner and will have control over every detail of the club from scouting to advertising. I'm guessing he'll designate the non-baseball operations to someone else.

I'm guessing he's also getting a substantial raise.

In Boston he reports to two people (the owner and the president). In Chicago he'll only report to the owner and will have control over every detail of the club from scouting to advertising. I'm guessing he'll designate the non-baseball operations to someone else.

I'm guessing he's also getting a substantial raise.

Thanks Clark...works for me, SIGN HIM UP!!!

Latest posts