The Unknown is worse than Ferentz

As I suspected, you really have no idea who we should hire. But obviously changes should be made, since we all have more football knowledge than Ferentz.

Please, give me a break.

He will probably be forced to name a new defensive coordinator due to Norm's declining health. Other than that, there won't be any changes.

It's not my job to know who to hire as the last time I checked, I am not the AD. My issue lays with these closed minded fans who have tunnel vision who think there isn't a single soul out there that could do any better. It's as if Kirk is the one and only person out there that can grasp the difficulty of coaching at Iowa. Bull****. The people that are saying this now are the same people who rolled their eyes when Kirk took over for Fry.

Alright, Bielema. Give him 3.5 million, which is less than Ferentz. I'm sure you'll say, "well Bielema wont come here" as if you really know that, but you don't.

I know this will get a chuckle from a few posters, but I said a few years back that we should assimilate Farley into our staff somehow- Maybe D-Cordinator? He'd be good youthful candidate that could potentially replace Ferentz. His teams are perennially top ranked defensively in the FCS, plus he is 98-39 in his tenure at UNI. Just my suggestion! He's an Iowan that is intense and was a walkon himself!

Mind Vitamin for Hawkeyenation

I know this will get a chuckle from a few posters, but I said a few years back that we should assimilate Farley into our staff somehow- Maybe D-Cordinator? He'd be good youthful candidate that could potentially replace Ferentz. His teams are perennially top ranked defensively in the FCS, plus he is 98-39 in his tenure at UNI. Just my suggestion! He's an Iowan that is intense and was a walkon himself!Mind Vitamin for Hawkeyenation

I'll talk out of my *** now and say there is no way that Mark Farley would ever come to Iowa to coach just like Biels never would.

I don't settle for mediocrity in my personal or professional life, and I don't accept the status quo. I will continue to do the same relative to the football program at my alma mater.
KF/KOK/Norm are all about the status quo. I'm sick of them.

I don't settle for mediocrity in my personal or professional life, and I don't accept the status quo. I will continue to do the same relative to the football program at my alma mater.
KF/KOK/Norm are all about the status quo. I'm sick of them.

Be careful. If you don't offer an alternative hire to post on here Chosen will ridicule you.

It's not my job to know who to hire as the last time I checked, I am not the AD. My issue lays with these closed minded fans who have tunnel vision who think there isn't a single soul out there that could do any better. It's as if Kirk is the one and only person out there that can grasp the difficulty of coaching at Iowa. Bull****. The people that are saying this now are the same people who rolled their eyes when Kirk took over for Fry.
Look, take the emotion out of it.

Barta is not going to fire Ferentz after a 7-5 season ending in a bowl. Particularly based on his past record.

It is just not going to happen. I share some of your frustration about this season (trust me), but why ask for a coaching change? There is just no way that will happen. Heck, if they go 4-8 next year, Barta won't make a change.

Why not stay positive and trust that Ferentz will do a good job? I don't get the mind set on this board, other than the fact that trashing this coaching staff must be some type of "blood sport" for these anonymous posters.

Also, if you are actual, legitimate Hawkeye fans (I REALLY WONDER ABOUT THAT), has it ever occurred to you that current players and potential recruits read this board? Do you think your negative posts are helping the Iowa cause?

I don't settle for mediocrity in my personal or professional life, and I don't accept the status quo. I will continue to do the same relative to the football program at my alma mater.KF/KOK/Norm are all about the status quo. I'm sick of them.

I actually agree with you here, Vin. It blows my mind how many people are okay with mediocrity on this board. KOK definitely needs to go, but that will never happen since he's Kirk's best butt buddy in the whole wide world. Take a look at who Chizik had as his coordinators at ISU- his butt buddies. How did that work out? Auburn made him hire guys that actually know what the hell they're doing.

Any of the Kirk apologists: PLEASE answer me this ?- Do you think any other BCS program in the country would hire either KF or KOK on to run their offense? Honestly?

Barta is not going to fire Ferentz after a 7-5 season ending in a bowl. Particularly based on his past record.

It is just not going to happen. I share some of your frustration about this season (trust me), but why ask for a coaching change? There is just no way that will happen. Heck, if they go 4-8 next year, Barta won't make a change.

Why not stay positive and trust that Ferentz will do a good job? I don't get the mind set on this board, other than the fact that trashing this coaching staff must be some type of "blood sport" for these anonymous posters.

Also, if you are actual, legitimate Hawkeye fans (I REALLY WONDER ABOUT THAT), has it ever occurred to you that current players and potential recruits read this board? Do you think your negative posts are helping the Iowa cause?

So message boards have now been relegated to all sunshine and roses talk?

This post sounds like it came from a guy who doesn't even go to the games.

Seriously, is there anything more pathetic than a grown man trying to get into a ******* contest over who is more of a fan?

Look, take the emotion out of it.Barta is not going to fire Ferentz after a 7-5 season ending in a bowl. Particularly based on his past record.It is just not going to happen. I share some of your frustration about this season (trust me), but why ask for a coaching change? There is just no way that will happen. Heck, if they go 4-8 next year, Barta won't make a change. Why not stay positive and trust that Ferentz will do a good job? I don't get the mind set on this board, other than the fact that trashing this coaching staff must be some type of "blood sport" for these anonymous posters.Also, if you are actual, legitimate Hawkeye fans (I REALLY WONDER ABOUT THAT), has it ever occurred to you that current players and potential recruits read this board? Do you think your negative posts are helping the Iowa cause?

Has it ever occurred to you that playing not to lose instead of playing to win might have a negative impact on recruiting? Or only utilizing only one RB ALL season long? Or noticing that your potential HC has NO ******* CLUE how to manage a game clock?

I agree with some of what I will call the "pitchfork crowd." I even agree with Vintage (who dislikes me a lot to say the least) to some degree about seeking only the status quo.

But others do not like the die coming up snake-eyes on a gamble. You'd have to agree that getting rid of Ferentz would be VERY risky to say the least.

I wouldn't even take the baggage that came with Meyer- he too does not ensure stability.

Right now, for Head Coach, I would say no to every other idea except i would entertain Bob Stopps over Ferentz.

D-Cordinator/O-Cordinator is another story. But I also have seen, and still believe we can win with this staff.

Be careful. If you don't offer an alternative hire to post on here Chosen will ridicule you.
There is no way that Barta is going to fire Ferentz. There is no chance. Why even talk about it? It simply will not happen. Why not talk about things that could happen, rather than things that will not happen. Ferentz will probably name a new defensive coordinator. I believe that that could happen. Why not talk about that?

If this is ridicule, so be it.

I will say that the comment "I don't accept mediocrity in my professional or personal life so why should I accept it with Iowa football" comes across as a tad bit arrogant, in my humble, anonymous opinion.

This post sounds like it came from a guy who doesn't even go to the games.

Seriously, is there anything more pathetic than a grown man trying to get into a ******* contest over who is more of a fan?
I haven't missed a home game since 1961. Try again. You are losing

I agree with some of what I will call the "pitchfork crowd." I even agree with Vintage (who dislikes me a lot to say the least) to some degree about seeking only the status quo.

But others do not like the die coming up snake-eyes on a gamble. You'd have to agree that getting rid of Ferentz would be VERY risky to say the least.

I wouldn't even take the baggage that came with Meyer- he too does not ensure stability.

Right now, for Head Coach, I would say no to every other idea except i would entertain Bob Stopps over Ferentz.

D-Cordinator/O-Cordinator is another story. But I also have seen, and still believe we can win with this staff.

I don't dislike you, Chris - I just think you're kind of a self-absorbed dipsh!t.
I have hope that you'll grow out of it, though. :D

Finally, some analysis. Wow, that took a long time.

Again, as much as I would love Bob Stoops as our coach, why would he leave Oklahoma to come to Iowa? I believe Oklahoma has won 7 or 8 national championships. I don't believe Iowa has ever come close. Why would you leave Oklahoma for Iowa?

Since Stoops won't come to Iowa, why not get behind Ferentz 100% and support him?

Latest posts