The Unknown is worse than Ferentz

The answer your looking for is impossible- there is no coach that would get Iowa to a better place. I've been "won" over on a coordinator change to see if that helps with some noticeable deficiencies that staff puts forward schematically.

The answer your looking for is impossible- there is no coach that would get Iowa to a better place. I've been "won" over on a coordinator change to see if that helps with some noticeable deficiencies that staff puts forward schematically.

This attitude is laughable...HA!

Bielema has no such clause. That is an urban legend. And even if he did, he wouldn't exercise it now. Wisconsin has a bigger fan base, more population, more booster dollar support, etc. etc. Iowa would be a step down for him.

There is no option out there better than Ferentz. Make a coordinator change and move on (that could happen with Norm's declining health).

The rest of it is just smoke and mirrors - there will be no coaching change at Iowa so don't waste your energy. It is just ridiculous to talk about it.

Jesus, so let's just settle for mediocrity for 8 out of 10 seasons while we hope for a big season here and there. If you don't think we can bring in a coach that wants to coach here for close to $3 mil. a year then you're just stupid. The bottom line is that Ferentz gets paid way too much for him to make some of the dumbest-*** decisions that he does. The mismanagement of the game clock constantly, running a play-action bootleg in your own end zone, playing for OT in somebody else's place, etc. The list could go on and on. For what he gets paid, the mistakes can't be there and they need to be shored up, along with some major changes on offense. If you honestly believe that this coaching staff puts the players in the best position to win week-in and week-out then I feel sorry for you because you have no clue.
So now we can pay Ferentz his salary plus another coach 3 million at the same time?

I'm sure somebody else will come banging on Barta's door since he's such a fine coach, right?

I think the main reason why Kirk hasn't left for the NFL is because he knows that he would get his *** handed to him.

I just want to be clear- I AM NOT calling for Kirk's head, but something better sure as hell change or I may be soon. Unfortunately, I think Kirk will go down with the ship before he shows his butt buddy KOK the door and that's too bad because we could really use somebody who actually knows what the hell they're doing on offense.

Serious ?- do you think that either KOK or KF are qualified enough to be hired at another BCS school to run that team's offense? I think that says it all right there..

So why make a change?

Because I'm sure we could find a coaching staff that is willing to adapt and bring some fire back into the program and take this team in the right direction. I'm confident we could find a coach that would raise the bar and not be ok with average.

If not... I'm sure we could find someone to chew gum, lose to MN, ISU, and NW and say "that's football" and for a lot less money.

That's a little harsh, but in all honesty, I love Ferentz and think he is a great guy and I appreciate what he did for Iowa, but he lost it. He isn't willing to make changes and do what is necessary to take this program to the next level. He is ok with average. He is constantly putting a football team out on the field that shows no emotion/fire/enthusiasm. I'm sick of watching it. It isn't fun to watch a bunch of guys who don't look like they are having fun.

Bielema has no such clause. That is an urban legend. And even if he did, he wouldn't exercise it now. Wisconsin has a bigger fan base, more population, more booster dollar support, etc. etc. Iowa would be a step down for him.

There is no option out there better than Ferentz. Make a coordinator change and move on (that could happen with Norm's declining health).

The rest of it is just smoke and mirrors - there will be no coaching change at Iowa so don't waste your energy. It is just ridiculous to talk about it.

You know this how? Pretty sure there are a lot of coaches who can get us two top 25 finishes in seven years.

I think that having a coach in the Big Ten -scandal free- is also worth mediocrity more than a used car salesman that would come in and "chizik" on the program at the earliest opportunity. Or he performs the the same as Ferentz, so why take the risk, when odds point to mediocrity no matter which way we go for a HC. He has said before he is more Iowan than anything now- he has the programs best interest at Heart, IN KIRK WE TRUST!

So who should we hire, Mr. Legend?

Who we should hire is irrelevant. The thought that we can do no better is the part that makes me shake my head. I actually do not want to see Kirk go yet. I would rather see him make adjustments or shake up the staff. However if push came to shove I really don't think we are at the pinnacle of coaching hires.

You know this how? Pretty sure there are a lot of coaches who can get us two top 25 finishes in seven years.
So who do we hire, Mr. anonymous genius? Assume you are the AD with all the power in the world. But remember, your life and your family is on the line - fire Ferentz and make the WRONG hire, and your butt is toast. Who do we hire, genius?

Makes sense to me.....

:)

Who we should hire is irrelevant. The thought that we can do no better is the part that makes me shake my head. I actually do not want to see Kirk go yet. I would rather see him make adjustments or shake up the staff. However if push came to shove I really don't think we are at the pinnacle of coaching hires.

I love the, "there aren't better options" crowd that speak in such absolutes. Its as if Ferentz is God to some if you. Btw, I'll take Iowa's program and history over Wisconsin anytime. I don't know if you were around in the 89's/early 90's, but go check Wisconsin out then. It was an easy W. Its not any easier to win in Madison than Iowa City.

So who do we hire, Mr. anonymous genius? Assume you are the AD with all the power in the world. But remember, your life and your family is on the line - fire Ferentz and make the WRONG hire, and your butt is toast. Who do we hire, genius?

Mark Stoops. Next question.

That's a lot of anger in your post by the way. Might want to step away from the keyboard for a few minutes.

As I suspected, you really have no idea who we should hire. But obviously changes should be made, since we all have more football knowledge than Ferentz.

Please, give me a break.

He will probably be forced to name a new defensive coordinator due to Norm's declining health. Other than that, there won't be any changes.

Mark Stoops. Next question.

That's a lot of anger in your post by the way. Might want to step away from the keyboard for a few minutes.
Mark Stoops? Come on dude.

I really think there is a lot of anger in your posts.

I'm betting you don't even go to the games.

I think that having a coach in the Big Ten -scandal free- is also worth mediocrity more than a used car salesman that would come in and "chizik" on the program at the earliest opportunity. Or he performs the the same as Ferentz, so why take the risk, when odds point to mediocrity no matter which way we go for a HC. He has said before he is more Iowan than anything now- he has the programs best interest at Heart, IN KIRK WE TRUST!

You make a good point, but if things continue to get worse and we are consistently underperforming each season... I think it might be time to move on. I think we need to get rid of KOK and let Norm go and bring in some fire to our coordinators now though at the very least.

I love the, "there aren't better options" crowd that speak in such absolutes. Its as if Ferentz is God to some if you. Btw, I'll take Iowa's program and history over Wisconsin anytime. I don't know if you were around in the 89's/early 90's, but go check Wisconsin out then. It was an easy W. Its not any easier to win in Madison than Iowa City.
Bielema is not coming back to Iowa City. Let that dream die, it is not gonna happen.

Latest posts