The Unknown is worse than Ferentz

Look, take the emotion out of it.

Barta is not going to fire Ferentz after a 7-5 season ending in a bowl. Particularly based on his past record.

It is just not going to happen. I share some of your frustration about this season (trust me), but why ask for a coaching change? There is just no way that will happen. Heck, if they go 4-8 next year, Barta won't make a change.

Why not stay positive and trust that Ferentz will do a good job? I don't get the mind set on this board, other than the fact that trashing this coaching staff must be some type of "blood sport" for these anonymous posters.

Also, if you are actual, legitimate Hawkeye fans (I REALLY WONDER ABOUT THAT), has it ever occurred to you that current players and potential recruits read this board? Do you think your negative posts are helping the Iowa cause?
Bingo.

One more thought, Vintage and I promise you can have the last word.

Let's assume you are athletic director at Iowa. You have a big donor base. You are selling out your stadium. There is very little scandal in your athletic department. You are going to bowl games. You obviously are not on probation. It looks like you are going to sell out your season tickets next year. Your livelihood depends on the PROFITABILITY of your athletic department. Do you really fire Ferentz now? Is that the "percentage" play? Is that the proper management of risk and reward? I really believe that if you were AD, you would keep Ferentz, just like Barta obviously will do.

Too many Iowa fans like this one are willing to accept mediocrity. How long will the stadium be sold out with a mediocre team? I can't stand it.
Some fans post that Iowa's footall program is the 10th best in the nation. I say: whatever gets you through the long, cold, Iowa winter.

Last edited:

Latest posts