The sad life of DJK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or maybe there's some truth in what he's saying about '09 and '10. Jose Canseco is a self-centered clown yet what he wrote about ended up being true.

Not saying that Iowa did anything wrong in '09 and '10 but I don't think anyone can honestly say there weren't some improper things done as well.

That said, I seem to remember DJK praising KF after he got kicked off of the team so who knows what's going on?

Ok, I see what you're saying. But first DJK has been pandering for years to get attention then in a few tweets he mentions that he will be writing a book. Then throws out a few bread crumbs for everyone to scrap at. He won't give details because of one of two reasons:

1) It is true like you said above (it is possible), but he doesn't care about doing what is right. He only cares about getting paid, that is why he isn't going to the NCAA.

2) Or it isn't true and he just wants attention but won't go on record for fear of getting sued by the U of I.

Either way, the ball is in DJK's court.

DP55 said: DJK ‏@coachkoul 28m
"You've never had to work for anything in your life. You were born with a silver spoon in your mouth." - @Coach_Doyle

DJK ‏@coachkoul 26m
"If you do one more thing between now and the bowl game, I will tell every scout what you've done wrong since you got here." - KF

The funny thing about these quotes is what exactly was said that was wrong?

1. Maybe he wasn't born with a silver spoon in his mouth, but by the time he was at an age where you actually learn what it takes to be a man he was in a family that handed him everything.

2. This is the most perplexing. He's basically admitting Ferentz was not willing to put up with any more of his crap. KF was even kind enough to warn him. Yet he still prefers to play the "you ruined my future" card?

Pathetic. He's a grown man that still needs to learn to grow up and shut up.

This is an interesting take on the situation and I agree. I think KF is the first authority figure to tell DJK "last chance" and then actually follow through with it. DJK can't handle it and when that tough love is added to his failure in pro football, he can't let it go. He uses his anger towards KF to blame him for his failures instead of looking in the mirror. IMO.

Last edited:
does anyone really believe that the reason DJK failed to get paid for playing football is due to Ferentz 'badmouthing' him?

the list is long of the players in the NFL with worse transgressions that DJK. For example, simply search felons in the nfl... the bottomline with the NFL and I'm sure any professional sport - if you have the talent, you will get more than 1 chance to perform.

Believe Ferentz.....or believe DJK.....HMMMMMMM......

Last edited by a moderator:
I can remember a couple times where DJK sat the entire 1st quarter or 1st half. A major gripe amongnst KF haters was DJK wasnt getting enough snaps and needed to be on the field more.

It wasnt just "punishment on paper".

You may be right. I don't remember. I just remember thinking, this is stupid about the 2-deeps, but maybe there was some 1st quarters he had to sit out.

Supposedly "punishing" someone on paper, while giving them no consequences in reality is a dumb way to handle discipline. So the criticism KF received on that point was deserved, imo. Although, yes, it was stupid if people thought it was just because KF didn't like DJK.
Exactly. A "paper" punishment is just that. I think it's stupid and can actually have a negative effect on the other players on your team. That can effect team discipline and in 2010, that seemed to be a problem.

I think this pretty well sums it up.

Jon, I am interested in the media's take on this twitter meltdown he had yesterday, yet I can't find a single thing on any website besides in the message boards.

Any thoughts as to why no one is touching this?

The reality is, you have 85+ players on your roster with 85+ different personalities. Some require tough teaching, others require positive reinforcement. Etc, etc. So without knowing the full facts (and it seems like at least ONE person in this thread knows more than what they are telling us), it's hard to be too critical of how KF handled DJK.

I used to follow DJK on twitter because he was humorous for awhile but then I started to read between the lines and he just got annoying. I used to defend him thinking he was dealt with too harsh. I now realize the kid is a loser and a punk and I am glad his name is erased from the record books. What a total jack ***! Hey punk, the NCAA isn't going to listen to a disgruntled ex player/dealer/criminal who was hopped up on drugs and running a cartel out of his living room. Good luck with that Sh#t for Brains! You are a disgrace. Just go away...PLEASE.

The Everson trial started just a few weeks after DJK was kicked off the team. I always thought it would have been fun to see the Ferentz/DJK reunion that took place in the witness room whilst they waited to be called to the stand - or maybe it was just a nod followed with icy silence.

Jon, I am interested in the media's take on this twitter meltdown he had yesterday, yet I can't find a single thing on any website besides in the message boards.

Any thoughts as to why no one is touching this?

Could it be that no one cares?

yeah message boards aren't news sources

its fun to talk about what kate upton would be like in bed, but that doesn't mean a reporter should do a story about it

I love these types of posts because obviously many people care enough to tweet at him on twitter and post about it on the message boards.

Okay, so they care like .00000001%. But they don't care enough for this guy to even get a $100 advance for a book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts