THE OffICIAL TK GAME THREAD

Yep that’s what your thoughts were at 2:30 and when we were ahead 12-0. Step away for a few hours it’s gonna be ok. It hurts but there’s still opportunities as much as we aren’t a top 15 team
Oooh. A meaningless bowl game in late december. Fire up that apathy.

This one is on Stanley and Fant. That play at the goalline with 4 minutes. Could have won the game. Instead Fant forgets the count and INT.

We are 10 and 2 at the end of the season, yet I wonder what could have been.

It's time that program get's the death penalty. There is also no way they should still be allowed in the big 10 with fine programs like the University of Iowa who help children, while pedo state hurts them. Bulldoze that stadium!

That's just the thing. He should have pulled him early in the 3rd quarter. Also, an OC's job isn't strictly play calling. Ya gotta get out of that way of thinking.

It is a known fact that the backup qb doesn't get much work if any with the the first team during the week. I forget what olineman mentioned this postgame on the radio to Podolak years ago but Eddie was clearly taken aback. I believe it was the Stanzi injury against NW game.

Maybe their approach has changed?? It makes what CJ did against Pitt even more impressive.

It was bang bang but it sure looked like the recatch happened after that foot drug inbounds. Let me say this...if he makes that catch between the hashes it's a catch. I don't think we lose the challenge if the question is simply if he maintained possession. If that was the call after the review I would take umbrage with that.

The rule is you have to have indisputable evidence to over throw the call. It was clearly debatable so the catch should have counted.

But that’s not the real issue here. A Kirk Ferentz football team is not nor ever will be a championship level football program. Make up all the excuses you want for ever loss when something important is on the line but Kirk’s teams will always fall *snort.

The tolerant participation crowd hurt the program because they just keep coming and supporting this coach. It’s sad for those who of us who want more but never will see it.

I predicted a 10-2 season because I thought we would lose to the teams we lost to.

They were in both games and bone headed plays cost us both games. Never the less like the guy said on tv “ Iowa has not beat a ranked opponents this year. They likely won’t have that chance from here on out. We be a choking football coaching staff and program every time it really counts.

We had timeouts, we had plenty of time, it was only second down, why the hell did Stanley continue with a play he knew was messed up? Does Stanley have an internal panic button that just overrides his football skills? It's a problem. He seems to be fine with throwing the ball away on meaningless downs all the time, but when the games on the line he regresses to a level of a rookie QB.

This one is on Stanley and Fant. That play at the goalline with 4 minutes. Could have won the game. Instead Fant forgets the count and INT.

We are 10 and 2 at the end of the season, yet I wonder what could have been.
10-2 while unlikely could happen but all that would prove is we can’t even win the West with a favorable conference schedule and we lost to the only two ranked teams that we played. I am sick of losing the big games.

Yeah so harbaugh can skullfuck this joke of a team by 50 in indy.
I don't know how the result of this game makes Iowa worse off if they make the B1G Champ game. Hopefully Iowa can understand how to capitalize better. If Iowa won - I'm sure they would not be magically better than after this loss.

Well, I had this as a win, Purdue a loss, and Northwestern a win. I'm 0-1 to start. There's a chance we could lose all three. If Stanley plays like this again it will be 0-3.

Don’t blame the int on Fant. Stanley shat the bed.

Coaches could have called timeout and settled things

Also, we couldn’t try to run the balk 4x and take the clock down too?

Baffling. But that’s been the Iowa program since 2005

We had timeouts, we had plenty of time, it was only second down, why the hell did Stanley continue with a play he knew was messed up? Does Stanley have an internal panic button that just overrides his football skills? It's a problem. He seems to be fine with throwing the ball away on meaningless downs all the time, but when the games on the line he regresses to a level of a rookie QB.
This.

The first half he was so hyped up/psyched out it was visible

This nails it. He’s like Phillip Rivers. Stuffs the stat sheet when it doesn’t matter and never makes the play in a game that matters. NFL talent. CFL level at crunch time.
I'm no NFL scout by any means - but - Nate will get hammered by guys like Donald - and all the best DLs. No reason to bring help from the LBs/CBs. He is gonna be awful as an NFL player IMO.

10-2 while unlikely could happen but all that would prove is we can’t even win the West with a favorable conference schedule and we lost to the only two ranked teams that we played. I am sick of losing the big games.

Look, if you predicted 10 - 2 after last year with all the question marks, wow. I thought they'd be 8 - 4 again. This team is very young. If anything, this game keeps Stanley and Fant from exiting to the NFL early. Yeah, a win and they are super special. But they are better than expected, and they could have won twice on the road in a game where they played horrifically on offense.

I have a lot of confidence that next year is playoffs or bust. I'm predicting 11 - 1 next year right now.

I'm no NFL scout by any means - but - Nate will get hammered by guys like Donald - and all the best DLs. No reason to bring help from the LBs/CBs. He is gonna be awful as an NFL player IMO.
I agree.

His accuracy is below average. Those QBs don’t last long IF they even make it.

The rule is you have to have indisputable evidence to over throw the call. It was clearly debatable so the catch should have counted..

I guess our opinions differ there a little then. I thought it was conclusive that he secured possession out of bounds. But as I mentioned in the original post, if that catch happens between the hashes I think it is a catch. I think he caught the ball but was out of bounds.

Don’t blame the int on Fant. Stanley shat the bed.

Coaches could have called timeout and settled things

Also, we couldn’t try to run the balk 4x and take the clock down too?

Baffling. But that’s been the Iowa program since 2005
There was no T/O available according to the TV. I was also screaming for some run to kill clock and push the ball closer. I guess that great decision to blindly throw a ball = million dollar contracts. And bozos like us will just sit back and invest life savings into MSFT and hope we can retire at 80

Latest posts