The movie "Dont Look Up"; Discussion for those who have watched; spoiler alerts

Did you not read that I wrote "worse viruses". SARS1 has/had a much higher death rate percentage than current Covid 19/SARS 2. Bird flu is said to be much more deadly a virus than other flu viruses but luckily it does not jump to humans very well at all.

There could be a "bug"/virus that kills at a very high percentage. That is what I am talking about. Yet tons of people wont even wear a friggin mask.

And I forgot about mention biological weapons that could spread out of control and nukes.

Can I ask you? Review all your family and friends that you know. Can you tell me how many people that you know have perished from COVID-19? If you have lost individuals, I am sorry. I'm not asking to bring pain to the surface.

The reason I ask is I've asked a few people I know including family and work. Most say they can't think of any. Now, I actually lost an individual in my unit I managed so all my co-workers can count that individual. I cannot think of any others but I can sure think of people who have had it that I didn't think would survive it when this started, including my parents.

Again, I'm not asking so the pain come to the surface for you, but can you state the number of individuals and honestly? Again, most I've asked this question to take a step back with the response....paraphrase "Wow, I really can't come up with anybody.".

Covid isn’t even CLOSE to .5% death. .05% is a whole lot more accurate.

Hence why a lot of people aren't diligent about wearing masks anymore. Most have figured it out and are confident now that their immune system is handling it.

I think most have assumed they have had it at one point or another. As virulent as it is, there is no way most haven't had it at this point.

Last edited:
If he would have bundled it up when it was still containable this would not be an issue. There would be zero cases today if he had just listened to the science. Thankfully the current president has put a lid on it.

Going back to this thread topic..........................you sir should write/make movie.

I would watch it.

Of course, you'd have to have a guy in the movie crap his pants on the 9th hole of a golf course...............like in Des Moines or something!

Now that all of the true numbers are coming out like 75% of hospitalizations are from people testing positive after being admitted for a different reason, it really shows how political it was made.

I saw a clip where democrats were polled on what they think the odds are of ending up in the hospital if you get covid and over 40% thought it was above a 50% chance. Over 70% thought it was over a 25% chance. The true number is between 1 and 5 percent. The misinformation fed in the blue states was crazy.

I've heard people talk about conversations they've had with people from California and they were amazed that people in the Midwest are living normal lives and not dropping dead. It's like 2 different realities.

I used to think this mild pandemic was a good test run for a real one. But now I think if fucked us bad. People are going to be thinking "here we go again" and by the time people take it serious it will be too late.

The collateral damage this thing and the politicians caused is much much more damning than a coronavirus.

Dude, cuckfinn is hopeless. Don't even try. The guy supposedly taught a class in propaganda but is literally 100% blind to it unless it is on "Faux Noise" and then he can point it out.

Vast numbers of people are waking up to the farce of a media that we have in this country, but not ol' cuckfinn. Nope, just give him his daily dose of CNN and MSNBC and he's ready to hit the road. CNN is the most trusted name in news. By the way, did you know THE STORM OF THE MILLENNIUM is coming? Better go make a run on the store.

He probably has so much TP stocked up now, he'd prob have to buy another shed at the local Lowe's before hitting said store.

Can I ask you? Review all your family and friends that you know. Can you tell me how many people that you know have perished from COVID-19? If you have lost individuals, I am sorry. I'm not asking to bring pain to the surface.

The reason I ask is I've asked a few people I know including family and work. Most say they can't think of any. Now, I actually lost an individual in my unit I managed so all my co-workers can count that individual. I cannot think of any others but I can sure think of people who have had it that I didn't think would survive it when this started, including my parents.

Again, I'm not asking so the pain come to the surface for you, but can you state the number of individuals and honestly? Again, most I've asked this question to take a step back with the response....paraphrase "Wow, I really can't come up with anybody.".

I can't but I can name three awful suicides in my family and friend circle since the spring of 2020. TRUST THE SCIENCE!!! WE MUST KISS BOOMERS' ASSES AND ENSURE THAT THEY LIVE TO BE 200!!!

Now, I actually lost an individual in my unit I managed so all my co-workers can count that individual. I cannot think of any others but I can sure think of people who have had it that I didn't think would survive it when this started, including my parents.
Here's where I get inflamed about the topic. What were the comorbidities this person had?

Almost everyone who "died of covid" didn't die of covid. They died of cheeseburgers, cigarettes, or no exercise.

If you were overweight, smoke, alcoholic, diabetic, don't exercise, and generally in shit health, the chances are 99% you did one or all of those things to yourself by choice and that's what got ya in the pine box, not covid.

I can't but I can name three awful suicides in my family and friend circle since the spring of 2020. TRUST THE SCIENCE!!! WE MUST KISS BOOMERS' ASSES AND ENSURE THAT THEY LIVE TO BE 200!!!
My point and coincides with my statement about the collateral damage is worse than the virus.

Here's where I get inflamed about the topic. What were the comorbidities this person had?

Almost everyone who "died of covid" didn't die of covid. They died of cheeseburgers, cigarettes, or no exercise.

If you were overweight, smoke, alcoholic, diabetic, don't exercise, and generally in shit health, the chances are 99% you did one or all of those things to yourself by choice and that's what got ya in the pine box, not covid.

This person was in fairly reasonable shape from what I can tell. A bit overweight but not untypical for the average middle aged individual. I knew this person quite well for many years and actually asked to interview for a position I had open.

But, this individual did take FMLA leave the month prior to getting Dx'd with COVID. I'm not in HR. I managed the person but did not ask for details of why they were using FMLA. I just push the paperwork and sign off on it. I never asked for details but it seems this individual had some procedure done and in the hospital for a few days a month or so prior to being hospitalized for COVID which unfortunately passed away in the hospital. Again, I don't know the details but suspect something fairly significant was going on.

Provided a person did not have a comorbidity caused by smoking like COPD, smoking was actually found to lessen COVID symptoms. My mom is a heavy smoker, overweight, inactive and a heavy drinker and her only symptom from COVID was loss of taste and smell. My grandma, who is almost 90, got fairly sick from COVID but never went to the hospital.

The only people I have heard of who have died locally were all either old and sick or they had astronomical BMIs. It really did a number on bigger people. My son's school nurse, who was vaxxed, damned near died. She lost 100 pounds in the hospital. I have a neighbor in the same boat. This guy lost almost 150 pounds.

We're almost 100 weeks into "15 days to flatten the curve" and the biggest mistake the government made was not declaring a war on obesity. But when the media is captive to the advertising dollars of companies that peddle pharmaceuticals and junk food I guess it makes sense not to disrupt their businesses. Fat people are big money for PepsiCo and the drug pushers. But if fat people had set a goal of losing a pound a week, they'd be down almost 100 pounds by now if they stuck to it. Instead "DON'T LEAVE YOUR HOUSE OR YOU'LL DIE. AND DON'T WORRY, JEFF BEZOS CAN ARRANGE FOR SOMEONE TO BRING YOU YOUR CHEETOS."

I just love it when people rely on anecdotal incidents and sadly, a lot of ignorance about the facts, to suggest they know more than almost anyone about certain issues. Lots of “alternative truths” at work in this thread. Just stop. You sound dumb.

Just jumped back to read O’ Queef’s
personal attacks on me so I can be firm in my decision to keep him on “ignore.” At least I had a nearly uncontrollable laugh at his statement that I don’t understand “propaganda” when in fact his conspiracy theory view of the virus shows his susceptibility to it in spades. I like a lot of people and dislike very few. The “few” would be liars. They are not that tough to identify.

Fry, your continued claim that people did not die of Covid but some other health issue is pure nonsense. The cause of death was Covid. You don’t get to determine the final result.
Doctors do.

Fry, your continued claim that people did not die of Covid but some other health issue is pure nonsense. The cause of death was Covid. You don’t get to determine the final result.
Doctors do.
Covid is not deadly to a statistically significant portion of otherwise healthy individuals. Your chances of dying from it in good health are in the thousandths of a percentile.

If you died from covid and are younger than 65, there is a greater than 99% chance that you had underlying (and mostly preventable) comorbidities. That's fact, regardless of what a doctor chooses to type on your death certificate. Believe it or don't believe it. I don't care.

Covid is not deadly to a statistically significant portion of otherwise healthy individuals. Your chances of dying from it in good health are in the thousandths of a percentile.

If you died from covid and are younger than 65, there is a greater than 99% chance that you had underlying (and mostly preventable) comorbidities. That's fact, regardless of what a doctor chooses to type on your death certificate. Believe it or don't believe it. I don't care.
I actually agree that vulnerability is a major issue. Don’t suggest I don’t believe that,thank you. But the single biggest is age. Tough to avoid that one.
As to the death certificate: If not “Covid” would you prefer the cause of death be recorded as, what?
A guy got Covid. He was type 2 diabetic and his bmi was high. He was alive with pre-existing conditions. He got Covid. He died.

As to the death certificate: If not “Covid” would you prefer the cause of death be recorded as, what?
A guy got Covid. He was type 2 diabetic and his bmi was high. He was alive with pre-existing conditions. He got Covid. He died.
Does it matter? Dead is dead.

Instead of covid being the sole cause, how about diabetes caused by obesity and complicated by covid-19.

Either way it's semantics. Let's not pretend that this thing is even remotely dangerous to people who take care of themselves and/or vaccinate themselves.

There's got to be some people out there that happen to know a lot of people who have died from/with covid. Huck must be one of them. It's the only logical reason he thinks what he does about covid. I guess there is an illogical reason. He gets his info from social media and the news instead of looking around for the last 2 years.

Correct. The statistics used to calculate the IFR of The Germ have been dramatically skewed since the outset. As I noted back in January in this very thread, the data is absolute shit: The movie "Dont Look Up"; Discussion for those who have watched; spoiler alerts | Page 2 | HawkeyeNation.com Forum

As I noted on March 19, 2020, the Chinese were absolutely full of shit when they tried to tell us the IFR was 3 thousand some over 80,000. Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus? | Page 14 | HawkeyeNation.com Forum

Why are the statistics skewed? Well, they are skewed in part because a provision of the CARES Act specifically authorizes a 20% payment bump for Medicare patients with COVID. Medicare is the largest insurer and covers far and away the majority of people with the greatest known comorbidity factor, which is advanced age. If you don't believe me, look it up, it is Section 3710. There's also something in there that gets the uninsured coverage for COVID. So the hospitals have every incentive in the world to goose the shit out of their COVID numbers.