The Mayor picks off another transfer

LOL Custer didn't even play in the game last night. God you're ******* stupid.

Ha yeah when you have a top 5 pg in the country hard to get much playing time. I think Iowa found out how good morris is last month didn't they? Then you've got gessell who is about as big of a bust out there who will start every single game of his career. That's the difference between the two programs right there. Congrats to him! Bagging on a four star freshman because he is playing behind monte morris...and you call me stupid?

Ha yeah when you have a top 5 pg in the country hard to get much playing time. I think Iowa found out how good morris is last month didn't they? Then you've got gessell who is about as big of a bust out there who will start every single game of his career. That's the difference between the two programs right there. Congrats to him! Bagging on a four star freshman because he is playing behind monte morris...and you call me stupid?

Custer is playing? When? LOL

Do you think the same about Jok for the Hawks, as so far this season Thomas is averaging more minutes, points and with a better 3%.

No discussion that Jok would ever think of transferring with those numbers. He is one of their best scorers. Literally will need to carry the load next year along with the transfer uthoff. Just the fundemental difference between the two programs. Thomas shoots "poorly" from three he is going to be shown the door. Meanwhile Jok is worse across the board and all you hear from hawk fans is he needs more munites one of their best scorers. Comedy really.

I like Uhl. I don't think his athleticism is being leveraged as it should. His D lapses limit him, but he is only a freshman. Will be interesting to see if he plays more 3 or 4 in future years.

Custer is playing? When? LOL

Minutes are tough when you play for a top 15-10 team with a decent amount of depth. Naz Long didn't play his freshman... You think he's any good? BTW does it suck getting molested by any decent team that walks on to your guys homecourt? Was there for the ISU-Iowa game. That place is a morgue.

No discussion that Jok would ever think of transferring with those numbers. He is one of their best scorers. Literally will need to carry the load next year along with the transfer uthoff. Just the fundemental difference between the two programs. Thomas shoots "poorly" from three he is going to be shown the door. Meanwhile Jok is worse across the board and all you hear from hawk fans is he needs more munites one of their best scorers. Comedy really.

So you admit that Jok = Thomas. That means that Jok is playing like a top 50 player (and who you told us was the best shooter in that class), or Thomas is playing like a unranked kid with only 1 offer.

Either way you do understand that it isn't good when the production of a top 50 kid = that of an unranked kid. Iowa knows all about this with Woody. I have to say with a big guy I expected him to struggle his first two years, but I figured at this point he would be performing like he did vs Texas, Cuse, UNC (10ish PPG and 7 RPG).

There is nothing wrong calling it like it is Forever, instead of always being a huge doucheer. I mean for top 50 kids, Thomas and Woody have been busts so far.

Minutes are tough when you play for a top 15-10 team with a decent amount of depth. Naz Long didn't play his freshman... You think he's any good? BTW does it suck getting molested by any decent team that walks on to your guys homecourt? Was there for the ISU-Iowa game. That place is a morgue.

What else is there to do in Ames but hold a geek convention in Hilton and drink that fabulous water. Hooray!

So you admit that Jok = Thomas. That means that Jok is playing like a top 50 player (and who you told us was the best shooter in that class), or Thomas is playing like a unranked kid with only 1 offer.

Either way you do understand that it isn't good when the production of a top 50 kid = that of an unranked kid. Iowa knows all about this with Woody. I have to say with a big guy I expected him to struggle his first two years, but I figured at this point he would be performing like he did vs Texas, Cuse, UNC (10ish PPG and 7 RPG).

There is nothing wrong calling it like it is Forever, instead of always being a huge doucheer. I mean for top 50 kids, Thomas and Woody have been busts so far.
Seems like he compared the two, and said which is better. Did you miss that part?

Seems like he compared the two, and said which is better. Did you miss that part?

Couldn't have said it better myself. Never did I once say Thomas = jok. I said thomas was better across the board. For a much better team. If thomas can average around 6 or 7 points in conference...spread the floor...and nail some huge threes that is what we need from him.

Meanwhile you have uhl averaging 2 PPG as a freshman and the kid is nothing but full of potential.

Last 2 games:

21 Minutes played 10 pts on 3-5 shooting with 4 rebounds and 1 assists

15 Minutes played 1 point on 0-4 shooting with 0 rebounds and 2 assists

One is a Fr. who is getting better each game. One is a So. who gets less and less minutes and is disappearing more and more.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Never did I once say Thomas = jok. I said thomas was better across the board. For a much better team. If thomas can average around 6 or 7 points in conference...spread the floor...and nail some huge threes that is what we need from him.

Last 2 games:

39 minutes, 20 Points on 7-16 shooting (3-6 from 3), 5 rebounds, 2 assists, and 4 steals

15 Minutes, 1 point on 0-4 shooting, 0 rebounds, 2 assists and 0 steals

The only 6 or 7 that Thomas will average in conference play is Minutes played. Guy can't score, he looks scared on the court and he has totally regressed.

Sans Thomas the team looked great against Kansas. The team is set up to make a run at the conference title, and a deep run in the NCAA tournament. You just need to open your eyes on Thomas though, dude ain't cutting it, that's fo sho

Last 2 games:

39 minutes, 20 Points on 7-16 shooting (3-6 from 3), 5 rebounds, 2 assists, and 4 steals

15 Minutes, 1 point on 0-4 shooting, 0 rebounds, 2 assists and 0 steals

The only 6 or 7 that Thomas will average in conference play is Minutes played. Guy can't score, he looks scared on the court and he has totally regressed.

Sans Thomas the team looked great against Kansas. The team is set up to make a run at the conference title, and a deep run in the NCAA tournament. You just need to open your eyes on Thomas though, dude ain't cutting it, that's fo sho

I have seen Oglesby make more 3's than Thomas. Even all of my cyclone friends hate seeing him come off the bench.

I'll continue to believe in him until he leaves. I like his tools but as you said he plays tentative and scared.

Bump.

Lets see how they are doing in the games that count (conference games stats only)

Peter Jok Matt Thomas
MPG 22.4 13
PPG 7.9 3.6
assists/G 1.8 .6
Steal/G .8 .1
3 pt% 41.4% 33.3%
Effective FG% 48.6% 41%
True shooting% 51.1% 43%

Offensive rating 110.7 89.4

Over half of Thomas' 36 points in conference games have come against Texas Tech (19).

Like Mike23 said.....best shooting in the country LOL.

Latest posts