The Mayor picks off another transfer

You asked who had the success of Armstrong?? Hornacek played in the same era and was FAR more successful in the NBA. Not even close. Period! As for the longevity of the undrafted Reggie Evans? Well give Big 12 player of the year and All-American first round selection Jamaal Tinsley a look. Pretty decent 12 year career.

Well, not in every aspect. Who has more rings?

BJ Armstrong had what...3 NBA titles and lead the league in 3 point shooting for their 3rd title season. How many titles did Hornacek have?

Jamaal Tinsley did not play 12 years. Try again

And, Tinsley was a poison to each team he played for in the NBA.

Hahahahah I am literally laughing out loud here. A couple guys named Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen won those titles not your boy BJ. Hornacek was a near Hall of Fame buddy. As for Tinsley, 2001 through 2013. Pretty long career there.

Yes, Hornacek started and played a lot of minutes for the Jazz. But do you think he would have played if it hadn't been for Malone and Stockton? He fit in with their pick and roll game perfectly.

Yes, Pippen and Jordan won those titles. But BJ started for two of the three years they won titles and was a major contributor all three years. He fit in with Jordan and Pippen very well.

And as for Tinsley, he bounced around the league for a while. His skills were never questioned, just is off court behavior and his attitude (which is why he didn't stick with any one team too long).

And, Tinsley was a poison to each team he played for in the NBA.

One of my friends went to Iowa State when Tinsley was there and right after they lost to 15-seed Hampton, Tinsley immediately dropped out of school, hired an agent who bought him an escalade, and proceeded to drive around campus all day every day blaring Nelly the rest of the semester. He said they saw him constantly parked outside Friley...the largest dorm. He was the definition of the model student-athlete.

You are embarassing yourself just stop. Give the rankings a peek tomorrow around 3 pm. Come back and let me know how many BIG teams are on there. I am going to guess 2/14. Then give the Big 12 a gander. Probably 6/10. 80% of Big 12 teams have been ranked this year. End of story. Peace!

Where did he say anything about rankings? He talked about the projected number of teams for each conference in the NCAA tournament.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if no big 12 teams make the final four. Doesn't mean it is a good representation of how strong a conference is.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if no big 12 teams make the final four. Doesn't mean it is a good representation of how strong a conference is.

Yeah judging conferences based on tournament performance isn't fair, just like judging football conference's strength on bowl games isn't fair either. LOL B12 fans are a joke.

I'm ForeverIowan and I have little brother syndrome.

I understand how frustrated you are as a Hawk bball fan keep your chin up partner:

Morris > Gessell
Long > Jok
Hogue = Uthoff (I'll give it to ya that is a hard one)
Niang > White
McKay > Woodbury

BDJ > Olaseni
Nader > Clemmons
Thomas > Oglesby

Hoiberg > Fran

Hilton > Carver

Mercy what a buzz kill when you lay it out there in the open and cut out all the BS. Fran just needs to keep working hard things will improve I think you guys are in for a huge year next season!

The better conference will have more final four teams, the B10 was talked up as the best conference the last two years and had no problem getting teams there. Don't be a ***** now.

In college basketball this is not the case. By that measure, the SEC is hands down the best conference in the country only because Kentucky is undefeated. LOL... i think we can all agree that the SEC is a joke when it comes to basketball. The NCAA tourney is all about the luck of the draw for matchups. The best teams don't always win (for example, UCONN last year).

One of my friends went to Iowa State when Tinsley was there and right after they lost to 15-seed Hampton, Tinsley immediately dropped out of school, hired an agent who bought him an escalade, and proceeded to drive around campus all day every day blaring Nelly the rest of the semester. He said they saw him constantly parked outside Friley...the largest dorm. He was the definition of the model student-athlete.
I knew some of the other sports coaches at ISU when Tinsley was there. They said he was dumb as a post. Troy Davis 7 Wonderlick range of stupid. That's why he did very few post game interviews. Not capable of doing actual college level course work.
Great PG though.

One of my friends went to Iowa State when Tinsley was there and right after they lost to 15-seed Hampton, Tinsley immediately dropped out of school, hired an agent who bought him an escalade, and proceeded to drive around campus all day every day blaring Nelly the rest of the semester. He said they saw him constantly parked outside Friley...the largest dorm. He was the definition of the model student-athlete.[/QU

I guess Tinsley sitting in a parking listening to music is a lot worse than your main man Pierre Pierce forcing college aged women against their will. Cherry on top the head basketball coach tries to cover it up. First class operation over there what a student athlete.

One of my friends went to Iowa State when Tinsley was there and right after they lost to 15-seed Hampton, Tinsley immediately dropped out of school, hired an agent who bought him an escalade, and proceeded to drive around campus all day every day blaring Nelly the rest of the semester. He said they saw him constantly parked outside Friley...the largest dorm. He was the definition of the model student-athlete.[/QU

I guess Tinsley sitting in a parking listening to music is a lot worse than your main man Pierre Pierce forcing college aged women against their will. Cherry on top the head basketball coach tries to cover it up. First class operation over there what a student athlete.

Really dude? Can't we all (as in cyclone fans) just let the Pierre Pierce thing go? That was two coaching staffs ago and the cyclones have had their fair share of embarrassment too in the past (Jason Berryman for example).