The Herd is really calling out Iowa's schedule this morning!

He's a clown and ratings suck. He has some good points. He eats allot of corn. That's brilliant because we all live in farms in Iowa.

It's not the number of power conference teams the SEC played, it's the quality. The teams the SEC scheduled are legit, top 25 teams. The teams Iowa scheduled are the worst teams in their respective conferences. We don't get credit for scheduling a Big 12 teams in a vacuum. We didn't play Baylor. We didn't play Oklahoma. We played Iowa State. That is equivalent to a MAC school and everyone on here knows it.

These talking heads crack me up with their ridiculous scenarios. He can bag on Iowa all he wants, but at the end of the day any 1 loss team in the B1G will make the playoff regardless of schedule.

The amount of hype having 1 team from different p5 conferences is way too important from a media standpoint. The Big12 is pretty much the odd man out in just about every scenario too. Not having a conference title game is going to punish them.

No they won't as there will be many 1 loss teams to choose from. The BIG has been down so the body of work will be looked at. OH State or Mich St can get a look with 1 loss, but not any BIG team without some kind of historical success. Too far to climb the hill, especially coming from the unranked at the beginning of the season.

Only 3-4 BIG teams with 1 loss would have a legit shot of having a chance this year, and that still could be a stretch.

Boycott!!!!1!!1!

A few facts for Mr Cowherd (not that he cares about facts):
1. We've had BOTH ez's bowled in for several decades
2. Allen Lazard (prep star from Urbandale HS - another school Cowherd probably knows NOTHING about) gave Iowa serious consideration until committing to ISU & us deciding we didn't want him anyways

Still think we suck, Colin? Why don't you come say it to my FACE?!?!? You won't get the chance, I'm boycotting!!!

So turn off his show. He doesn't care what you have to say about it so step away from the ledge.

Iowa's schedule sux. The non con games are a joke. Worst of all, Iowa could've easily lost all of them.

We need a B10-SEC Challenge (similar to B10-ACC challenge in basketball). Done.

We do - It's called bowl games. There are a few Big 10/SEC matchups annually. Capital One and Outback Bowls for sure.. I'm also thinking the Gator Bowl is the same thing. Anything else?

It's not the number of power conference teams the SEC played, it's the quality. The teams the SEC scheduled are legit, top 25 teams. The teams Iowa scheduled are the worst teams in their respective conferences. We don't get credit for scheduling a Big 12 teams in a vacuum. We didn't play Baylor. We didn't play Oklahoma. We played Iowa State. That is equivalent to a MAC school and everyone on here knows it.

And, we lost that game. That's the worst part. I don't think Iowa is in position at this point to worry about whether Cowherd takes them seriously or not, when you can't even beat ISU in Kinnick. Of course he was bashing us in 2009 when the team was 9-0, too.

He must be buddies with Jim Rome.

We do - It's called bowl games. There are a few Big 10/SEC matchups annually. Capital One and Outback Bowls for sure.. I'm also thinking the Gator Bowl is the same thing. Anything else?

Post-season competition doesn't do much to get a team from your conference into the playoff.

Also, travelling north of the Mason-Dixon Line wouldn't kill the SEC.

He said Iowa will never win a national title, so stop scheduling Northern Iowa, Central Iowa, and Iowa School of.... and start scheduling teams your fan base wants to see!

Says he is not picking on Iowa. "I fly over Iowa all the time! I eat corn all day!"

Ironically, however, an Iowa team which beat better competition would actually be considered a contender.

This coming from a guy who attend that power house Eastern Washington University which is located in the metropolis of Cheney, Washington. Where men are men and the sheep are scared.

I think this is located near the spot most U.S. to Asia flights dump their "load" before heading over the Pacific.:cool:

If they can stuff an ear of corn in Beth Mowin's mouth prior to kick off, I'd take that type of pub for the State of Iowa.

Gross. The other day someone was on here talking about her boobs and now this. Let me guess, you want her to butter it up and see how far...nevermind, I can't finish typing without puking.

Was anyone expecting a National Title this year? It is a bad schedule , but why is he even talking about us?

Was anyone expecting a National Title this year? It is a bad schedule , but why is he even talking about us?

Because you pick a school that is just on the fringes of being a good football school and throw in the "they'll never win a national title" line and get them riled up, done and done. It's like putting down a decent looking girl girl at a bar, you can't tell a fat girl she's fat, she already knows that, you don't feel like putting in work with a really good looking girl who's getting hit on all night, you go for the ones that aren't actually fat but probably have self esteem issues, and they'll want to find a way to earn your approval.

Yes our schedule is a cowterd. But we can only control 2 games of it. Not our fault Ball State sucks balls this season. Last I checked ISU is power conference school. We have to play them and we can't help the BIG sucks and we don't play MSU or OSU. Too bad we missed Michigan and PSU. We must be relevant if a national syndicated show host wants to talk about us.

ACC
Boston College v UMass, USC, Maine, Colorado St
Clemson v Georgia, South Carolina St, Georgia St, South Carolina
Duke v Elon, Troy, Kansas, Tulane
FSU v Ok St, Citadel, ND, Florida
Georgia Tech v Wofford, Tulane Ga Southern, Georgia
Louisville v Murray St, FIU, ND, Kentucky
Miami v Fl AM, Ark St, Neb, Cinci
North Carolina v Liberty, San Diego St, East Carolina, ND
NC State v Ga Southern, Old Dom, So Fl, PRESBYTERIAN!!!
Pitt v Delaware, FIU, Iowa, Akron
Syracuse v Villanova, Cent Mich, Maryland, ND
Virginia v UCLA, Richmond, BYU, Kent St
Virginia Tech v William & Mary, OSU, East Car, West Mich
Wake Forest v UL Monroe, Gardner Webb, Utah St, Army

3 teams with no Power 5.

I upvoted this, but you did miss one with FSU. Plus, props to Virginia as BYU is usually a strong team.

So let's apply that argument to Mississippi State...By no means am I saying they are a bad team, but lets look at their OOC schedule. I don't care what their conference schedule looks like their OOC is an absolute joke. and now at the half way point they're the "sexy" pick because they've knocked off 3 top tens in 3 weeks. The fact is that OOC doesn't matter at all and the SEC is proof of that. What matters is that we use a ranking system to vault teams to the top when they beat over rated teams week in and week out. LSU and Texas A&M may have been ranked that high, but IMO neither belonged there. The fact is no other teams in the nation vault that high because the likelihood of playing 3 top ten teams in back-to-back-to-back weeks simply doesn't happen in other conferences because other teams have to prove themselves based on body of work and not based on conference affiliation.

Again not a shot at Mississippi State because I think they're a very good program, but look at the body of work their opponents put together to help them vault from unranked to the top in record fashion. It simply doesn't work that way for other conferenes.

The whole SEC played only like 5-7 Power Five schools in their non-conference slate.....the Big Ten played like 15. Cowherd needs to look at some of these SEC ''powers'' and their schedules.

From an earlier rant I did on this subject.

"So in total the SEC has 7 games vs power 5 teams, including 2 vs the B1G. The B1G has 16 games against power 5 teams. So which conference is avoiding games against power 5 teams?"

Is he calling out OSU? They lost to Va. Tech, who lost to Pitt last nite, who Iowa beat.....so we scheduled tougher than OSU, and we are better than them....

I watched that Pitt game they are a completely different team with that Voytik kid at qb. We wouldn't have beaten them last night.

Think this is more of a shot at the Big 10 in general than anything else. Big Ten could play every non-conference against a Pac 12, Big 12, SEC or ACC school and would not get any props because the conference perception, with regards to football is so poor, the conference games get downplayed considerably.

Latest posts