The Herd is really calling out Iowa's schedule this morning!

Boycott!!!!1!!1!

A few facts for Mr Cowherd (not that he cares about facts):
1. We've had BOTH ez's bowled in for several decades
2. Allen Lazard (prep star from Urbandale HS - another school Cowherd probably knows NOTHING about) gave Iowa serious consideration until committing to ISU & us deciding we didn't want him anyways

Still think we suck, Colin? Why don't you come say it to my FACE?!?!? You won't get the chance, I'm boycotting!!!

ACC played 12 power 5 schools, 3 played none, NC St., Virginia, Wake Forest. Clemson and FSU played 2. I did not count ND in this, otherwise ACC played 16 with FSU playing 3, and Louisville and Syracuse playing 2.

He probably could have picked on 50 different schools. I wonder why he choose Iowa. Maybe he got rejected by a women (or man) from Iowa so he's taking it out on the Hawks on the radio.

SEC non conf:
Arkansas vs Nicholls St, Northern IL, UAB and Tx Tech
Auburn vs San Jose St, Samford, La Tech, KSU
Florida v E Mich, E Kent, FSU
Georgia v Clemson, Troy, Charl Southern, Ga Tech
Kentucky vs UT Martin, Ohio, UL Monroe, Louisville
LSU vs Wisc, Sam Houston, UL Monroe, New Mexico St
Miss St vs Southern Miss, UAB, UT Martin, South Alabama
Missouri vs South Dakota St, Toledo, UCF, Indiana
Old Miss vs Boise, La Lafayette, Memphis, PRESBYTERIAN!!!
South Carolina vs East Car, Furman, South Alabama, Clemson
Tennessee vs Utah St, Arkansas State, Chattanooga, OK
Texas A&M vs Lamar, Rice, SMU, UL Monroe
Vanderbilt v Temple, UMass, Charl South, ODU
Alabama vs WV, Florida Atlantic, Southern Miss, Western Carolina

4 teams played zero Power 5

Last edited:
Oh no! Not Colin Cowherd! He knows the college football landscape so well! (Fart noise)

Off topic, but recently on ESPN’s CFB Live, Chris Cotter asked Robert Smith and Trevor Matich why the perception of SEC teams beating up on each other equating to quality depth does not translate to what the P12 is going through this year. Smith: "I know some people on twitter call us ESECSPN or whatever" (awkward pause) Matich: “Ridiculous.” Smith goes on about the 7 straight BCS nat’l titles and got really defensive, but failed to use any objective reasoning.

I imagine in the highly unlikely event that Iowa or Nebraska went to the CFB playoff this year, the mothership’s talking heads would be bursting at the seams. It’d be reminiscent of the funeral that took place during the NBA finals.

Pac 12
Arizona vs UNLV, UTSA, Nevada,
ASU vs Weber St, New Mexico, ND
Cal v NW, Sacramento St, BYU
Colorado vs Colorado St, UMass, Hawaii
Oregon v South Dakota, MSU, Wyoming
Oregon St v Portland St, Hawaii, San Diego St
UCLA vs Virginia, Memphis, Texas
USC vs Fresno St, BC, ND
Utah vs Idaho St, Fresno St, Mich
Washingon v Hawaii, Eastern Wash, Georgia St, IL
WSU vs Rutgers, Nevada, Portland St

I give the Pac12 lots of respect for scheduling, not only do they play 9 conf games, but most of their schools also scheduled a Power 5 and UCLA scheduled 2 meaning they'll have just one game vs non-power conf team

Last edited:
Sorry guys but we have played a bunch of patty cakes and he is right. As much as I want to get ****** about it we really don't know where we are at.

Iowa has a problem with bad teams. So this is a hard schedule.

Kirks nightmare

UNI
CMU
WMU
PUR
MIN
NW
ISU
NIU
BSU
IU
Illinois

ACC
Boston College v UMass, USC, Maine, Colorado St
Clemson v Georgia, South Carolina St, Georgia St, South Carolina
Duke v Elon, Troy, Kansas, Tulane
FSU v Ok St, Citadel, ND, Florida
Georgia Tech v Wofford, Tulane Ga Southern, Georgia
Louisville v Murray St, FIU, ND, Kentucky
Miami v Fl AM, Ark St, Neb, Cinci
North Carolina v Liberty, San Diego St, East Carolina, ND
NC State v Ga Southern, Old Dom, So Fl, PRESBYTERIAN!!!
Pitt v Delaware, FIU, Iowa, Akron
Syracuse v Villanova, Cent Mich, Maryland, ND
Virginia v UCLA, Richmond, BYU, Kent St
Virginia Tech v William & Mary, OSU, East Car, West Mich
Wake Forest v UL Monroe, Gardner Webb, Utah St, Army

3 teams with no Power 5.

These things are set up years in advance, no way to tell how good or bad Ball State or Pitt would be plus ISU is a game we are obligated to play and the BIG sets our conference schedule. What in the **** should we do about the schedule exactly? I don't see the issue as since we lost to ISU we have zero shot at the playoff, we could win out and we won't get in. If we were 6-0 and climbing the ranking then I could see people concerned that we had not played anyone but relax, Iowa has no shot at the playoff our schedule doesn't matter.

Here's what I got, could be off 1 or 2 though. This includes Note Dame and extra conference games. Games vs Power 5 teams and ND.

ACC - 17
Big 12 - 19
Big 10 - 17
Pac 12 - 19
SEC - 10

Who plays weaker competition?

We need a B10-SEC Challenge (similar to B10-ACC challenge in basketball). Done.

I doubt the SEC would agree to that, too much to lose. They're happy playing a pathetic non-conference schedule and then playing themselves.

I doubt the SEC would agree to that, too much to lose. They're happy playing a pathetic non-conference schedule and then playing themselves.

I agree the SEC is overrated and the BIG underrated as a whole but the only way you change that bias is to win big non-conference games. The BIG doesn't and it gets the reputation is deserves.

Big12
Baylor v SMU, North St, Buffalo
ISU vs NDSU, Iowa, Toledo
Kansas v SE Miss St, Duke, Cent Mich
Kansas St v SF Austin, Auburn, UTEP
Oklahoma v La Tech, Tulsa, Tenn
Ok St vs FSU, Mo St, UTSA
TCU v Samford, Minn, SMU
Texas v North TX, BYU, UCLAx
Texas Tech v Cent Ark, UTEP, Arkansas
West VA v Bama, Towson, Maryland

Latest posts