The facts don't lie

My God how the fake fans come out after a close win against a good team.

the only thing I can criticize Ferentz for is his failure to field a healthy team for the opener.

we will be a completely different team if Keegan and Nico return and Williams returns.

Relax. We have a fine coaching staff.
No, nothing to do with fake fans or a good, albeit FCS program. We may "be a completely different team if Keegan and Nico return", but your only as good as your last game and we were offensively dog shit. I'm not off the KF ship yet, but we may have hit an iceberg.

I have been arguing for years that looking at total offense is stupid and lazy, especially as it pertains to Iowa's offense. Their limited # of possessions and emphasis on protecting the defense and playing the field position game will always make total yards/game look much worse than their offense actually is. Offensive efficiency is a much better metric, and in their good years, Iowa is around top 1/3 or top 1/2 of the country in offensive efficiency metrics.

In BF's first year, they were 44th in the country (better than the previous year under Davis, 57th).

In 2018, they were 41st. Things didn't look too bad.

In 2019, they were 53rd, but they were way lower than that prior to the bowl game vs. USC (that single game moved them up about 15 spots).

In 2020, they were 64th.

In 2021, they were 90th.

There are no numbers yet published in 2022, but it is safe to say that however many FBS teams there are, that will be Iowa's ranking.

I was reserving judgement on the BF-hire until things played out...they have now played out, and then some.
That decline is obviously troubling, but the more dramatic decline in those happened from Stanley to Petras. He really is that bad.

My God how the fake fans come out after a close win against a good team.

the only thing I can criticize Ferentz for is his failure to field a healthy team for the opener.

we will be a completely different team if Keegan and Nico return and Williams returns.

Relax. We have a fine coaching staff.

Not if the O-line is complete dog shit. No disrespect to Nico, Keegan or Williams, but, if you are that thin where you need to rely on Nico Ragaini, you have a program problem. Keegan and Williams no doubt should help, but it isn't like they are senior studs out at this point. There is still an unknown to them.

The problem is, even thought SD St. is a good team, they are FCS with many less scholarships. A team like Iowa should be able to play the two deeps and compete and probably win that first game or against any FCS team. This shows a program problem.

If a team is running that thin, where a guy is out at each position and they can't compete, that is a program problem, IMO.

No disrespect to Nico, Keegan or Williams, but, if you are that thin where you need to rely on Nico Ragaini, you have a program problem.

Exactly!

Guy shouldn't be on the 2-deep at an FBS program, but he's supposedly gonna make a big difference? He's the missing piece?

Keegan will help, if only because it'll be harder for Petras to overthrow him...

Not if the O-line is complete dog shit. No disrespect to Nico, Keegan or Williams, but, if you are that thin where you need to rely on Nico Ragaini, you have a program problem. Keegan and Williams no doubt should help, but it isn't like they are senior studs out at this point. There is still an unknown to them.

The problem is, even thought SD St. is a good team, they are FCS with many less scholarships. A team like Iowa should be able to play the two deeps and compete and probably win that first game or against any FCS team. This shows a program problem.

If a team is running that thin, where a guy is out at each position and they can't compete, that is a program problem, IMO.
Early in the season it's harder.

A good FCS team. Not even close to a good P5 team.

Any coaching staff is as strong as it’s weakest link, and there isn’t a worse OC in major conference football than BF
We were beaten by a good FCS team a few years ago.

Latest posts