The better team won today.

Stormin you are right, the better team did win. How in the Hell did ISU become a better team than US. We have just won three straight bowl games and a BCS game less than two years ago. I dont care if you do have to reload, they should NOT be the better team, but yet they are.

You didn't want to cancel it when you were kicking the crap out of us for 15 years in a row. Now that it's a true rivalry game you want to drop it you friggin coward. Why don't you drop all the sisters of the poor's you play also because you have nothing to gain there also. Nice logic moron.

This is the reason we should NOT be playing the game at all. This does nothing good for Iowa....it never has.

You didn't want to cancel it when you were kicking the crap out of us for 15 years in a row. Now that it's a true rivalry game you want to drop it you friggin coward. Why don't you drop all the sisters of the poor's you play also because you have nothing to gain there also. Nice logic moron.

I dont wanna drop it because it is competitive. I want to drop it because no one cares about this game. A football game between two BCS teams was on freaking Mediacom Connections.

Stormin you are right, the better team did win. How in the Hell did ISU become a better team than US. We have just won three straight bowl games and a BCS game less than two years ago. I dont care if you do have to reload, they should NOT be the better team, but yet they are.

One player. Steele took over the game. Had it have been AA or Tiller, Iowa would have annihilated them.

As much as I made fun of Steele Janz pre-game, he was spectacular today and made a fool of Iowa defense.

How is that on the coaches?

Yes, KF sat on at the end of reg, which was dumb, but you can't deny that Iowa's D was HELPLESS against Janz.

They were just better today.

It is real easy, Iowa has made many of average to below ave QB's look like Heisman trophy winners and that is ALL on the coaches and their inability to change the game plan AT ALL.

I dont wanna drop it because it is competitive. I want to drop it because no one cares about this game. A football game between two BCS teams was on freaking Mediacom Connections.

The meltdown on the board today indicates a few people care quite a bit

Then why the hell do we play Tenn Tech? Talk about meaningless. I love how the big name schools schedule tough opponents early season.... we want to drop the one real game we have pre-season??? Gimme a break.

No it wasn't dick face it was on about every fox sports channel in the country on directv but don't let the facts get in the way of a good story. So you are gonna cancel the sisters of the poor games to because nobody cares about them also. Nice logic moron and the highlights were on espn.

No it wasn't dick face it was on about every fox sports channel in the country on directv but don't let the facts get in the way of a good story. So you are gonna cancel the sisters of the poor games to because nobody cares about them also. Nice logic moron and the highlights were on espn.

Hmmm. Well explain why it was on Mediacom Connections then Dick Face?

Then why the hell do we play Tenn Tech? Talk about meaningless. I love how the big name schools schedule tough opponents early season.... we want to drop the one real game we have pre-season??? Gimme a break.

I would be for cancelling Tenn Tech for a REAL game. Just like I would be fore going to a 16 team conference with texas and Notre Dame.

Hmmm. Well explain why it was on Mediacom Connections then Dick Face?

Follow the logic Richard maybe its broadcast on more then one network, hmmm. I know your slow but try to follow. So you want to play a nonconference schedule of BCS conference teams then, right. Good luck with that but then you couldn't get your 9 wins.

Follow the logic Richard maybe its broadcast on more then one network, hmmm. I know your slow but try to follow. So you want to play a nonconference schedule of BCS conference teams then, right. Good luck with that but then you couldn't get your 9 wins.

What the hell do you know about getting to 9 wins? And its broadcast on more than one network because no one wanted it.
I'm done arguing. Enjoy your win. Your team earned it. Hopefully you dont end up in the MAC.

Last edited:
What the hell do you know about getting to 9 wins? And its broadcast on more than one network because no one wanted it.
I'm done arguing. Enjoy your win. Your team earned it. Hopefully you dont end up in the MAC.

TOLD

I'm over loss, I'm just ******* tired of how much they care about this game. its all I've hears about today. they all say its another game but that's ********. I didn't say a word to anyone about winning before the game and I got 20 texts after the game. haha our season isn't over. we could be just fine. I doubt it tho. here's the real question: do I root for isu the rest if year or can I let my rekindled hate take over and cheer against then every game

So you guys actually think that years like this when Iowa St wins, is about how much better they are than us?

I know the better team doesn't always win, but it happens a lot more when playing ISU.

First of all....Kudos to the Hawk posters on here who lobbied against posts like this.

I'm floored to come on here and read that Hawks want to dump the game because they think it's the only game that ISU gets up for. A true ***** way out. This is the TEXAS mentality.....and it shows a disconnect from the real world. The only thing keeping the Big 12 together (so far) is that Texas and Oklahoma see it as an easy road to a BCS game. Tons of power, tons of exposure when your competition is A&M, Tech, ISU, KU, KSU, and Baylor....sure any one of those programs can have "their year" (KSU a few yeasr back, ISU with Seneca, A&M now, Baylor maybe now), but overall they're cyclical teams that have a hard time building up CONSISTENT winning traditions. They shy away from competition.

Yet when I go on ND message boards, I was incredibly impressed to hear THEIR fans talk about how they don't want to join a conference because they don't want to play those "middle of the road teams". ND is 0-2 this season, but they have a taste for playing top talent..they want to. Obviously they wouldn't sniff a BCS game if they put all cupcakes on the list, but their mentality is TOTALLY different than the people getting poo poo lipped because Iowa State punched Iowa in the jaw today.

Money and greed are ruining college football as we know it. Century old rivalries are being ****** away because a few high profile teams are ego-tripping and looking for ways to make an extra buck. Games like Iowa vs. Iowa State are what make college football worth watching. Same with Michigan vs. ND, the Red River shootout, and the tons of other rivalry games that happen across the country. The fact of the matter is, Iowa and ISU could be cellar dwellers an any given season and that game would STILL sell out. Iowans would STILL be glued to their TV's and tens of thousands of people would swell either of our cities to capacity. It's an excuse for the state's two premiere universities to get together, share our passion for a game, and spend the next year generally acting like ******** to our friends, coworkers, and bosses that are on the receiving end.

I don't buy that "Iowa State" gets up for the game any more than "Iowa" gets up for the game. The fans I saw today were ABSOLUTELY "up" for the game, and ABSOLUTELY deflated when they lost. It meant something to them, and the taste of victory would have been as potent as the taste of defeat.

So suck it up, wipe off that disappointed poo poo face, and realize that the game is bigger than you getting your jollies off of padding your stats vs. tier 2 schools.

You guys lost to Pitt a couple of years ago. What is your non-conference, regular season record against BCS teams in the KF era? Probably just as bad or worse than your record against ISU.

From what I can remember:

1-1 vs Arizona State
1-2 vs Arizona
0-1 vs Pitt
0-2 vs Nebraska
0-1 vs K-State

I'm probably forgetting a couple, but those stick out.

0-1 Nebraska in 1999
0-1 KState in 2000
1-0 ASU in 2003
0-1 ASu in 2004
1-0 Syracuse in 2006
1-0 Syracuse in 2007
0-1 Pitt in 2008
1-0 Arizona in 2009
0-1 Arizona in 2010

So 4-5 in BCS non-con games. Plus 6-7 vs ISU. So 10-12 overall.

Um, it was a NATIONAL telecast on Fox Sports Net. I am guessing Mediacom picked it up so you could see the game. You are unreal. Typical uneducated Hawk fan.

Um, it was a NATIONAL telecast on Fox Sports Net. I am guessing Mediacom picked it up so you could see the game. You are unreal. Typical uneducated Hawk fan.

Typical Cyclone fan posting on Hawkeye message boards.

DID EYE DOO IT RITE?!?! :rolleyes:

Latest posts