The better team won today.

Yes, the team that played better won.

Take away those two turnovers in the redzone, and two missed FGs and we're not talking about overtime...we're talking about losing 31-17 or something along those lines.

Good post by the OP. Early miscues kept Iowa in the game or this thing would have been a double digit victory by ISU, it was not and ended up being the best game I have ever witnessed in my 29 years.

ISU was better after the 1st quarter
This is absolutely true. Hawks had a chance to go for the jugular when it was 10-0 and KF and KOK folded up the playbook. JVB was shredding them up to this point, but we get a 10 point lead and decide to hand it to Coker for a full series, and nothing against him, but if it ain't broke don't fix it. Complete size mismatches on the outside and in the middle. How many times did you hear Brad herman's name? Knott and Latimer are good LB but they could not have covered Herman and Cj consistantly just because of a lack of size. The jugular was there and once again this staff choice not to slash it. Sad,

Um, it was a NATIONAL telecast on Fox Sports Net. I am guessing Mediacom picked it up so you could see the game. You are unreal. Typical uneducated Hawk fan.

Well, to say Mediacom picked it up is pushing it. One half of jumpy, fuzzy picture, then blank screen for the rest of the game. Fortunately, the BTN was "there for us" with Ilinois-SDSU.

So you guys actually think that years like this when Iowa St wins, is about how much better they are than us?

I know the better team doesn't always win, but it happens a lot more when playing ISU.

I don't know that anyone is saying they feel ISU is better than Iowa across the board. However, this game may indicate that this season Iowa is not that much better than ISU like the previous 2 seasons. May also indicate ISU with Jantz is far more dynamic than with Arnaud.

ISU won yesterday because Steele Jantz was the best player on the field. Also, Iowa didn't consistently outperform ISU in enough of the other position units/battles to offset that production. Iowa got the turnovers and ISU had a lot of big penalty yards. The game was there for the taking early and Iowa didn't capitalize.

2007 loss to ISU was probably more so about Iowa just not being very good. Iowa also lost to Indiana, Purdue, and directional Michigan in 07. Not the resume of a good team.

2005 ISU team had 6 players in the 1st/2nd team all Big 12 and Iowa was pretty young that year. ISU also had a defense that only allowed about 19 PPG, and an offense that was capable to manage the game. Can someone explain to me how that's such a huge upset?

So you are saying that Castillo is better than the ISU receivers? He is not a big 10 player. Face it. Iowa is not good. Maybe 6-6 this year.

No, that's the thing. The BETTER team DID NOT win. That's what sucks about losing this game. The only time ISu has been better than Iowa was in KF's first two years.

No respect by some of you (good job outta SS). How do you know the better team didn't win. Your D looks terrible. Your O has no one behind McNutt and Coker. Recruiting is just stars until they play on the field.

I don't agree. Iowa State will not win more than 5 games this season. They are nothing special. Iowa was outcoached when it mattered and has one of the worst defensive lines in the Ferentz era.

Iowa State was not the better team. Iowa could not contain a QB for the 2nd week in a row and played for overtimes. That's on the players and the staff.
Why couldn't Iowa contain their QB? Because Janz is better than the Iowa D. ISU flat out has better players this year.

So we lost today just because ISU cares more? I think we lost because we cant tackle and have no pass rush. Any competent BCS level school wouldve exposed that. Dont be so butthurt just because you have to put up with **** from ISU fans. We lost, it sucks but scheduling someone else doesnt fix the main problem: WE ARENT VERY GOOD
You speak the truth.

Plain and simple, we are not a good team. We will win one game we're not supposed to this year and lose a couple more that we are favored to win. End up 5-7.

As long as ISU stays in a BCS conference, there is no reason to dump the series. It's a healthy series for both schools.

And for those Hawk fans that think this game doesn't mean any more than another game, you aren't being true to yourself. It might be ISU's superbowl, fine whatever, use that term. But it's Iowa's playoff game or something around that level, as well. It means a lot to Iowa too. A LOT.

As long as ISU stays in a BCS conference, there is no reason to dump the series. It's a healthy series for both schools.

And for those Hawk fans that think this game doesn't mean any more than another game, you aren't being true to yourself. It might be ISU's superbowl, fine whatever, use that term. But it's Iowa's playoff game or something around that level, as well. It means a lot to Iowa too. A LOT.

Iowa wins: Iowa fans = whew ISU = %*$#%^% Hawkeyes
ISU wins: Iowa fans = game isn't a league game ISU = ooohhhhhellllllyaaaaaaaaaaaa

No respect by some of you (good job outta SS). How do you know the better team didn't win. Your D looks terrible. Your O has no one behind McNutt and Coker. Recruiting is just stars until they play on the field.

Shows how little you know if you think that is the truth.

I thought ISU looked more athletic as well! Say what you want as well about this being the big game for ISU, they are always more fired up from coaches down to the players compared to Iowa. The definitely deserved to win!

You have to admit that. ISU straight up beat Iowa even with two redzone fumbles of theirs.

Blame the coaches, blame calls, whatever... the better team won today.

You just have to admit it.

I'd amend that slightly - "The better team today won". And that's all that really matters, the rest is just rationalizing bs.

Kudos to those of you that can admit the better team won.

Not so much for those that are still using the tired "super bowl" argument.

Great game... instant classic.

Latest posts