The better team won today.

I dont get it, you guys ***** when you beat them you ***** when you lose. Again its better then beating some of the other pre-conference foes. I would much rather play ISU or Kansas then Louisiana Lafayatte.

BCS rewards teams for going undefeated...why in the hell should anyone care to schedule a formidable opponent in the non-conference season? Rivalries are great but you don't need it to get to a BCS game...you need wins, plain and simple

You guys lost to Pitt a couple of years ago. What is your non-conference, regular season record against BCS teams in the KF era? Probably just as bad or worse than your record against ISU.

From what I can remember:

1-1 vs Arizona State
1-2 vs Arizona
0-1 vs Pitt
0-2 vs Nebraska
0-1 vs K-State

I'm probably forgetting a couple, but those stick out.
All of those teams are FAR better than Iowa St. So my point is that its not the loss, its the team you lose to. Iowa St is NO WHERE near the competition on that list.

So we lost today just because ISU cares more? I think we lost because we cant tackle and have no pass rush. Any competent BCS level school wouldve exposed that. Dont be so butthurt just because you have to put up with **** from ISU fans. We lost, it sucks but scheduling someone else doesnt fix the main problem: WE ARENT VERY GOOD

NOMINATED, Post of the Day
well said, bus

So we lost today just because ISU cares more? I think we lost because we cant tackle and have no pass rush. Any competent BCS level school wouldve exposed that. Dont be so butthurt just because you have to put up with **** from ISU fans. We lost, it sucks but scheduling someone else doesnt fix the main problem: WE ARENT VERY GOOD

I will agree, takeing a year of **** from your rival state team sucks, i did it 2 years ago when ISU beat us at home. Theyve got a great QB and just worked harder for it. Better game plan, who cares if its there superbowl. If your prepaired for the game you win.

We won the last three years 85-12. The reason we lost this year is because we arent that good and werent ready for the 1st tough road test. I dont think it has anything to do with gearing up and has everything to do with talent

That's bs. Iowa is still the more talented team just as they have been the past 3 yrs. Yeah, this year's team still needs that confidence boost to let them know they can be a very good team, but the coaches showed zero faith in their playes. 4th and 1....fg. 1:17 and two timeouts left....run the ball twice and go to OT....that's bs. Get some balls and try to win a game.

ISU played well....Jantz deserves a ton of credit because he was on the run a lot.
Vandeburg will learn from this game and get better, but he was not the problem.

All of those teams are FAR better than Iowa St. So my point is that its not the loss, its the team you lose to. Iowa St is NO WHERE near the competition on that list.

You said you could have far more success. I was just pointing out that it's not super easy to beat a fellow BCS team. Overall, you've won a lot more than you've lost against ISU. I'm sure people would complain just as much about a .500 record against some other BCS teams, as people complain the 1/3rd of the time that ISU beats you.

So you guys actually think that years like this when Iowa St wins, is about how much better they are than us?

I know the better team doesn't always win, but it happens a lot more when playing ISU.

You said you could have far more success. I was just pointing out that it's not super easy to beat a fellow BCS team. Overall, you've won a lot more than you've lost against ISU. I'm sure people would complain just as much about a .500 record against some other BCS teams, as people complain the 1/3rd of the time that ISU beats you.

Read what i said....it's not the record....its the level of competition. IMO, I would rather go .500 against good opponents than go .700 against ISU.

Read what i said....it's not the record....its the level of competition. IMO, I would rather go .500 against good opponents than go .700 against ISU.

But you guys dont schedule good oponents. You schedule 1 decent to good oponent, isu, and 2 cupcakes. Or according to you since ISU is so bad you schedule 3 cupcakes and 1 decent oponent. Every once in a while ISU beats you, its no different then baylor winning last week. Sometimes the underdog wins, no matter how better you think you are. Underdogs always want it more, maybe KF should want the win more. Im not tryin to pick a fight, but you guys always complain about this game. The state of iowa loves this game, its a fun rivalry. Nothing wrong with keeping that, it wouldnt be any fun if you won all the time.

But you guys dont schedule good oponents. You schedule 1 decent to good oponent, isu, and 2 cupcakes. Or according to you since ISU is so bad you schedule 3 cupcakes and 1 decent oponent. Every once in a while ISU beats you, its no different then baylor winning last week. Sometimes the underdog wins, no matter how better you think you are. Underdogs always want it more, maybe KF should want the win more. Im not tryin to pick a fight, but you guys always complain about this game. The state of iowa loves this game, its a fun rivalry. Nothing wrong with keeping that, it wouldnt be any fun if you won all the time.

3 cupcakes yes....but one of those cupcakes plays it like its everything. Not all cupcakes do. I know competition is good in the pre season but not when you lose to low level teams. It doesn't make sense.

At some point in time canceling this game has to be considered. Really. What is it worth to Iowa? A black eye by little bro....demoralized they didn't win by 3 TD like they should have.....what do you gain Iowa???

What? That game is the reason it needs to continue. We can't say quit because we lost. How weak. Very exciting game.

3 cupcakes yes....but one of those cupcakes plays it like its everything. Not all cupcakes do. I know competition is good in the pre season but not when you lose to low level teams. It doesn't make sense.

Your crazy if you think those other teams dont play it like its everything. Big team, Big network lots of exposure. Im positive they give it there all no matter what.

we lost b/c we had no answer for steel and b/c our offensive play calling for most of the game sucked. wow, did you notice that as soon ascent we started throwing to the wr's again, Coker ripped off an 18 yard run?

Iowa schedules like most BIG teams do, for the most part.

I will agree, takeing a year of **** from your rival state team sucks, i did it 2 years ago when ISU beat us at home. Theyve got a great QB and just worked harder for it. Better game plan, who cares if its there superbowl. If your prepaired for the game you win.
It must be nice not actually having to deal with an in-state rival.

Iowa fans are are ridiculously sore losers. Yes ISU was the better team today that won. Its a "FRICKEN GAME" people and it takes a cooperative effort from coaches and players. My daughter who attends ISU and was working at a well known bar/restaurant in Ames today said the Iowa fans were ridiculous, throwing things around and being loud and obnoxious.

Latest posts