The better team won today.

This is the reason we should NOT be playing the game at all. This does nothing good for Iowa....it never has.

Cmon guys....the coaches had a bad game no doubt about it. But Buddy Ryan couldnt have coached that defense today. In a triple OT game its hard to say who was definitely better but I know ISU winning wasnt a fluke

We just arent that good and it was obvious early

At some point in time canceling this game has to be considered. Really. What is it worth to Iowa? A black eye by little bro....demoralized they didn't win by 3 TD like they should have.....what do you gain Iowa???

Until things change Cyclones still play in the big 12 which until further notice is a BCS conference. It looks good when you beat a BCS team, even if its a bottom tier one. Beating the pants off of chatanooga high doesnt look so good.

As of 3:15 CDT Sept. 10 ISU is the better team...........I hope that changes.

Hawks can't stop Jantz .......probably never will.

You are not playing OSU at OSU. 1:17 to play with 2 TO's and play for over time needing only a field goal. Once we went to OT I said ISU was going to win. Also, they should have won in regulation with the 2 missed FGS. The better team won today.

Iowa was OUT:coached, schemed, hustled, played, executed. Everything. It sucks but life goes on.

agreed! Good post.

Until things change Cyclones still play in the big 12 which until further notice is a BCS conference. It looks good when you beat a BCS team, even if its a bottom tier one. Beating the pants off of chatanooga high doesnt look so good.
it looks a heck of a lot better to a loss against a team that will finish in the bottom 2 of the big 12

Agreed...cancelling the series just because ISU exposes us is a chicken **** mentality.

To say we shouldn't play this game is dumb. Iowa should just play better in it. It still matters. Who do you want to replace them with. Another BCS team? Just prepare like you are preparing for AZ or Pitt or whatever. Just prepare and play better.

Agreed...cancelling the series just because ISU exposes us is a chicken **** mentality.

We could easily schedule another Pitt or low level BCS team and have far more success. It's not because Iowa St is better, but its the ONE game they play for all year. It's simply not worth it.

Again, what value does IOWA have in this game?

it looks a heck of a lot better to a loss against a team that will finish in the bottom 2 of the big 12

I dont get it, you guys ***** when you beat them you ***** when you lose. Again its better then beating some of the other pre-conference foes. I would much rather play ISU or Kansas then Louisiana Lafayatte.

We could easily schedule another Pitt or low level BCS team and have far more success. It's not because Iowa St is better, but its the ONE game they play for all year. It's simply not worth it.

So we lost today just because ISU cares more? I think we lost because we cant tackle and have no pass rush. Any competent BCS level school wouldve exposed that. Dont be so butthurt just because you have to put up with **** from ISU fans. We lost, it sucks but scheduling someone else doesnt fix the main problem: WE ARENT VERY GOOD

I dont get it, you guys ***** when you beat them you ***** when you lose. Again its better then beating some of the other pre-conference foes. I would much rather play ISU or Kansas then Louisiana Lafayatte.

I guarantee Iowa doesn't have issues agains Kansas like ISu. It's the point that all anyone sees is a loss or win....and since losses are more likely because of how hyped up this game is for isu, you might as well play someone else.

Absolutely. I still don't believe that Iowa gears up for this like they did under Fry. Just no passion/desire/balls.

We won the last three years 85-12. The reason we lost this year is because we arent that good and werent ready for the 1st tough road test. I dont think it has anything to do with gearing up and has everything to do with talent

You guys lost to Pitt a couple of years ago. What is your non-conference, regular season record against BCS teams in the KF era? Probably just as bad or worse than your record against ISU.

From what I can remember:

1-1 vs Arizona State
1-2 vs Arizona
0-1 vs Pitt
0-2 vs Nebraska
0-1 vs K-State

I'm probably forgetting a couple, but those stick out.

nevermind...it's not about hearing it from anyone. Iowa has NOTHING to gain from this game. In wins, we're suppose to win, in losses it's always a shocker.

Latest posts