The B1G Ten needs to suspend the PSU football program

I stand by that. This has nothing to do with football. Just because the people involved were in football, doesn't mean that it had anything to do with it. That is like saying if a police chief got caught molesting boys, and the leadership in the department helped cover it up, you need to get rid of the police department.

I want the people responsible for their crimes to be punished in a court of law. I do not want the players on the team, the alumni of the school, and the state of Pennslyvania as a whole punished for the action or inaction of a sorry few. No one deserves punishment for the crimes committed except those who committed them.

Justice for the victims is the criminals facing their due. Their is no justice in punishing the innocent.

I will point out AGAIN that here in this wonderful place we call reality people are punished for the crimes of others ALL THE TIME. Tennessee, USC, OSU, SMU, Cleveland St. :)D), and many more have been punished for the crimes of people who are usually not there anymore by the time the punishment gets handed down. This scandal went right to the top of the food chain at PSU, and the NCAA just may be able to prove LOIC in relation to this scandal. If they do receive that LOIC charge then they absolutely deserve the death penalty even though those who were responsible are gone. That is how it works in the real world.

The people running the football program covered up crimes, and continued to let they knew had committed these crimes more than once use facilities and the PSU brand to hurt more victims. At a minimum they did this to avoid getting bad press.

How can some people soft-peddle this.

This isn't even remotely close to players trading autographs for tatoos.

I will point out AGAIN that here in this wonderful place we call reality people are punished for the crimes of others ALL THE TIME. Tennessee, USC, OSU, SMU, Cleveland St. :)D), and many more have been punished for the crimes of people who are usually not there anymore by the time the punishment gets handed down. This scandal went right to the top of the food chain at PSU, and the NCAA just may be able to prove LOIC in relation to this scandal. If they do receive that LOIC charge then they absolutely deserve the death penalty even though those who were responsible are gone. That is how it works in the real world.

See, you keep equating breaking NCAA rules with breaking federal laws. I have no problem with the NCAA punishing a program for breaking rules, even if the people involved are gone, since the program benefits from the infractions, so the program is being punished.

PSU didn't get a single recruit, win, or dollar for whatever was done to cover Sandusky, so as far as I am concered, the NCAA has no need to get in this mess and they should let the police do what police do.

The NCAA does not have a history of punishing teams for criminal behavior of players or coaches.

See, you keep equating breaking NCAA rules with breaking federal laws. I have no problem with the NCAA punishing a program for breaking rules, even if the people involved are gone, since the program benefits from the infractions, so the program is being punished.

PSU didn't get a single recruit, win, or dollar for whatever was done to cover Sandusky, so as far as I am concered, the NCAA has no need to get in this mess and they should let the police do what police do.

The NCAA does not have a history of punishing teams for criminal behavior of players or coaches.

Well said, I must give you a mighty ostrich.

The NCAA has never had to deal with a situation like this period, so I am not sure how there can be any precedent. I guarantee NCAA rules were violated here. 5 other schools have received the death penalty, and their offenses pale in comparison to this. This was not just some random underlings who participated in this cover up, it went all the way to the top. If ever there was a case of LOIC this is it. They deserve the death penalty, but who knows if they will get it. Point shaving vs. decades of allowing a molester to roam free...no contest. Paying players vs. decades of allowing a molester to roam free...no contest. Signing professional athletes up as amateurs vs. decades of allowing a molester to roam free...no contest. This was an institution wide cover up. They deserve the worst. To the innocents who will be slightly inconvenienced (they would be allowed to transfer without sitting out)...wrong place, wrong time, so sorry for ya. Life sucks, get a helmet.

Ghost, the football program is guilty of something far worse than breaking a NCAA rule they harbored and covered up for a pedophile. It started with a Grad Assistant and went all the way up to the President of the University. Penn State does not deserve to field a football team for their actions. They should be made to pay for what they have done and their football team a death sentence. You really think a Penn State deserves to have a football team after all this?

The crimes Penn State has committed make the rules SMU, USC, and Ohio State broke look petty.

Ghost, the football program is guilty of something far worse than breaking a NCAA rule they harbored and covered up for a pedophile. It started with a Grad Assistant and went all the way up to the President of the University. Penn State does not deserve to field a football team for their actions. They should be made to pay for what they have done and their football team a death sentence. You really think a Penn State deserves to have a football team after all this?

The crimes Penn State has committed make the rules SMU, USC, and Ohio State broke look petty.

Because what Penn State did was so much wore than breaking an NCAA rule, the NCAA has no business or jurisdiction in this matter. This is a criminal matter, and it needs to be handled in a criminal court. The NCAA has no business interviening in a criminal matter.

Yes, Penn State deserves to have a football team after this because the people guilty are being punished. Your argument is like saying Germany shouldn't get to be a country anymore because the Nazis were terrible. People shouldn't be punished for the actions of a few sick leaders. Punish the guilty and spare the innocent.

The NCAA has never had to deal with a situation like this period, so I am not sure how there can be any precedent. I guarantee NCAA rules were violated here. 5 other schools have received the death penalty, and their offenses pale in comparison to this. This was not just some random underlings who participated in this cover up, it went all the way to the top. If ever there was a case of LOIC this is it. They deserve the death penalty, but who knows if they will get it. Point shaving vs. decades of allowing a molester to roam free...no contest. Paying players vs. decades of allowing a molester to roam free...no contest. Signing professional athletes up as amateurs vs. decades of allowing a molester to roam free...no contest. This was an institution wide cover up. They deserve the worst. To the innocents who will be slightly inconvenienced (they would be allowed to transfer without sitting out)...wrong place, wrong time, so sorry for ya. Life sucks, get a helmet.

They??? Oh you mean the people that are involved/connected to the crime. So get rid of them, punish them to the full extent of the national laws. The university doesn't deserve to have it's football program destroyed because of a select group of soon-to-be felons' actions. People are making it sound like their football program is a concious being that needs punished. Some terrible things happened there, nobody in their right mind is denying that, notice I said right mind. Emotions are flying. Punish the PEOPLE responsible, not the program as a whole.........

The football program didn't do jack sh*t. The people responsible for the PROGRAM did. Get it? The program's HANDLERS are the responsible party. Grab the rug and shake their sorry evil azzez out. It's not sane or fair to annihilate PSU or it's football program all together. PSU has been there since before these crimes were a thought in the back of some demon's head.

Because what Penn State did was so much wore than breaking an NCAA rule, the NCAA has no business or jurisdiction in this matter. This is a criminal matter, and it needs to be handled in a criminal court. The NCAA has no business interviening in a criminal matter.

Yes, Penn State deserves to have a football team after this because the people guilty are being punished. Your argument is like saying Germany shouldn't get to be a country anymore because the Nazis were terrible. People shouldn't be punished for the actions of a few sick leaders. Punish the guilty and spare the innocent.

You still just do not get it. All of your analogies are utter nonsense being innocent people are punished by the NCAA regularly. You are right that the NCAA should stay out of this until the criminal investigations are over, but after that the NCAA should hammer them if they can prove any rules were broken. Even if the NCAA cannot pin them with anything (I am guessing they will not be able to) the B1G should kick them out. The B1G should expect much more of their member institutions, and I cannot think of anything more deserving of being kicked out than this.

Can someone explain to be how the Sandusky scandal has given the Penn State football team an unfair advantage over the competition? I'll hang up and listen to your answer. Thank you.

Can someone explain to be how the Sandusky scandal has given the Penn State football team an unfair advantage over the competition? I'll hang up and listen to your answer. Thank you.

Oh you're just not getting it. You're ignoring the victims. You're just thinking about football.....

That's what some are beating their drum to.

This is a stupid idea, unless the rumors about Sandusky providing underage boys to big PSU donors turns out to be true. Otherwise, this is less of a football issue.

you don't know that any of the above is correct - just your speculation.

you don't think PSU would have been hurt if it came out that their DC was a pedophile? you don't think it is possible for one recruit to have 2nd thoughts about going to the school where kids get nailed in the shower?

also, you know, there might be another shoe to drop in this story regarding fundraising, and money as associated with this story - i'd wait to make your judgments until the story has been told.

i think only the tip of the iceberg has been revealed.

also - whether the PSU football program is put on ice, or not, they are sunk for a long, long time. If you are paying out hundreds of millions in settlements, might be kinda hard to even hire a coach....

this program is toast.

1. you don't think PSU would have been hurt if it came out that their DC was a pedophile? you don't think it is possible for one recruit to have 2nd thoughts about going to the school where kids get nailed in the shower?

also, you know, there might be another shoe to drop in this story regarding fundraising, and money as associated with this story - i'd wait to make your judgments until the story has been told.

2. i think only the tip of the iceberg has been revealed.

also - whether the PSU football program is put on ice, or not, they are sunk for a long, long time. If you are paying out hundreds of millions in settlements, might be kinda hard to even hire a coach....

this program is toast.

1. Hmm. Very interesting, as I didn't exactly think of it like that. Yet, law-breaking/violations haven't scared all that many recruits away from top-tier football institutions in the past.

2. So true it's scary.

Yes, all players should be allowed to transfer without penality....especially their Dlinemen if they intend to come to Iowa.

You cannot punish the kids on the team right now. If you want to allow all players the chance to transfer w/o having to sit and suspend the school next year, I'm in.

Might be a DL or two who could help us next year!

edit...IOWuh...ya beat me to it! lol

you don't think PSU would have been hurt if it came out that their DC was a pedophile? you don't think it is possible for one recruit to have 2nd thoughts about going to the school where kids get nailed in the shower?

i think only the tip of the iceberg has been revealed.

this program is toast.

This guy for sure has something on the University. These guys that allowed Sandusky to come and go at university facilities as he pleased, continuing his work at the 2nd Mile without telling anyone, knowing what they have known about him for YEARS. Are you kidding me...These are men of high intelligence, they did not get to their elevated positions within the university by being ignorant or stupid. [even an attorney general disappearing since 2005]? I think when the dust settles it will deal with a cover-up of epic proportions involving big time MONEY!

This story is just starting and will be rolling around and affecting PSU for years. How it was delayed this long to come out is amazing. PSU will be paying out $ in the high millions before it is able to ever move onward.

The NCAA and B1G will be issuing sanctions one way or another to save face as well. It is very sad, but I just don't believe these guys went to such extremes to just cover a pedophile because he was a "good" guy or good coach in the past.

Bad analogy but since you used it Germany was not allowed to be a single country anymore immediately after WWII and it was split into 2 countries for many years.

After all that has happened PSU does not deserve to be in the Big Ten and their football program should be suspended for a few years. I could care less if it is the NCAA or the Government that makes that call.

Regardless of what happens with the football program PSU will be financially ruined after all this.

Latest posts