Texas & ND to the Big 10??

For a while, until Texas decides it doesn't want to share evenly and decides the conference needs to lose some dead weight.

Don't think for a second that as condition of acceptance into the B10 that Texas wouldn't be required to sign off on accepting equal revenue sharing as long as it is a member of the B10.

I have a very hard time believing that Texas and Notre Dame want any part of EQUAL revenue sharing. If in fact this meeting took place, their demands are both laughable and extremely arrogant. This conference is all for one and one for all, and all members take pride in that philosophy.

The Big Ten will NEVER give preferential treatment to the likes of these schools. A classic case of one party needing the other without the vice versa.

BTW, lowly Indiana reaps more TV revenue than ND does from NDBC.

As for Texas, Delany prolly looks at them as toxic.

Not saying I am buying this, but this poster did have some things 18 months ago that turned out to be right, well ahead of anyone else, and I know folks in the Big Ten offices were sniffing out where their leak was.

BTW unless you have the ability to look at everything posted from his/her IP I don't see what you are talking about. 6 carreer posts and nothing really stuck out, unless I am missing something.

Don't think for a second that as condition of acceptance into the B10 that Texas wouldn't be required to sign off on accepting equal revenue sharing as long as it is a member of the B10.

I know they will as long as they are in the B10, but what's to stop them from convincing Michigan, OSU and ND to set up a small four team conference and not having to share equal amongst teams who don't bring near as much to the table? And if those four bail from the B10 the conference's TV contract values would plummet.

I don't trust Texas in the slightest. They've wrecked two conferences in the past 20 years, and I'm not too keen to find out if they can go 3 for 3.

I know they will as long as they are in the B10, but what's to stop them from convincing Michigan, OSU and ND to set up a small four team conference and not having to share equal amongst teams who don't bring near as much to the table? And if those four bail from the B10 the conference's TV contract values would plummet.

A four team conference?? LOL.....:rolleyes:

BTW unless you have the ability to look at everything posted from his/her IP I don't see what you are talking about. 6 carreer posts and nothing really stuck out, unless I am missing something.

Duffman, JD was referring to PURPLE Book Cat not the OP of this thread.

A four team conference?? LOL.....:rolleyes:

Why not? It's basically like being independent, it doesn't even have to be a conference in the sense that only one of them can play in the BCS or whatever the next championship scenario is. More like an alliance, just three guaranteed games each season and you're free to schedule whoever you want for the next 9 games. Those four teams alone would pull a huge TV deal.

Why not? It's basically like being independent, it doesn't even have to be a conference in the sense that only one of them can play in the BCS or whatever the next championship scenario is. More like an alliance, just three guaranteed games each season and you're free to schedule whoever you want for the next 9 games. Those four teams alone would pull a huge TV deal.

Because there is more to being in the Big Ten besides football.
There is hundreds of millions in research money that is garnered in part due to cooperative efforts by schools in the league. Why does the Big Ten keep U. of Chicago around? Government money.

Football is the window dressing for the main deal for conferences...there is great political power in alliances of this sort,and when wielded in concert,it can be far more lucrative than football.

And what would they do for sports other than football. Do you think the B10 would allow them to remain members in bball and other sports if they left the B10 for football? They can't be viable and independant for basketball. I don't see another conerence welcoming them in for other sports. That 4 team mini conference might pull in a big TV contract but the other sports wouldn't be able to survive.

I understand the fear but it's not just a rational one.

Where would those 4 teams go, who would they play? The rest of college football could blackball them. If this happened, the B1G would rival the SEC on the football field and beat them on the men’s basketball and women’s volleyball court. It would surpass the SEC in prestige and destroy it in academics.

If true, what we are seeing is that texa$$ may have been served a big piece of humble pie. The LHN is a total failure, and long time rivals aTm and Oklahoma have either divorced themselves from the whorns, or don’t care if they play them in future games.

As much as I hate UTerus, I really, really, really like this, IF texa$$ and ND agree to play by the B1G rules and agree to equal revenue sharing with the LHN and NBC left behind. They both need to understand that they only have one vote, and I don’t think that tOSU, UM and PSU would allow it, and we all know that DoNU has no problem sticking up to the whorns. I don’t think that the remaining B1G teams are the bunch of p*****s that the former Big 8 teams are, I don’t think that they will be able to run (and ruin) the B1G like they did the SWC and the B12.

I personally like some of their other ideas, such as allowing more flexibility in the non-conference schedules (the Red River Shootout and ND v. USC/Stanford, etc) and maybe UTerus and DoNU could work together to help change some of the rules for baseball recruiting to make the conference more competitive in this sport. This would It would be a huge homerun for the B1G. I am really, really liking it.

Delany has spoken on record time after time that the Big Ten will only expand when they can add quality and not quantity, thus I can see why he would prefer ND and Texas over MO. and Rutgers, He added Nebraska not because of their TV market but because their football program has great tradition and a huge national following. Adding Texas and ND on HIS terms would add quality and a lot of viewers to the BTN.

Delany has spoken on record time after time that the Big Ten will only expand when they can add quality and not quantity, thus I can see why he would prefer ND and Texas over MO. and Rutgers, He added Nebraska not because of their TV market but because their football program has great tradition and a huge national following. Adding Texas and ND on HIS terms would add quality and a lot of viewers to the BTN.

Correct.

If Texas and ND join the BIG, it will be completely and totally on the terms of the BIG. ND and Texas have no leverage here. None. They've got something to offer the conference but they've got absolutely nothing that the conference can't live without.

PURPLE Book Cat then posted the following:

"ESPN attorneys have already contacted the Big Ten regarding the content of this post. Again, I am in no way affiliated with the Big Ten conference nor should anything I write be considered credible in any context.

However, ESPN has unfairly used its bully pulpit to influence Texas stakeholders to prefer the PAC. The Big Ten feels that if the current trend of reporting that Texas only has interest in the PAC 12 continues, this would merit a major legal action against ESPN."

I don't think the b10 stops at 14. MO + 1 east coast school would undoubtedly be next.

Let's try this 12 team thing for a while.

Texas and ND know the terms. If they don't like them then don't let the door hit your AZZ on the way out the door. If you expect special treatment because of what you were or who you think you are then you do not belong. I don't think Texas can get the votes. At least I hope not. Nothing but trouble.

Latest posts