Super Seven: Ranking the Big Ten’s best big men (Woody Listed)

My guess is the writer has not seen both of them play and it is purely based on Woody averaging more points per game.

The writer states "He has made an immediate impact upon arrival, showing uncommon athletic ability for a 7 footer." He clearly hasn't seen him play much.

It'll be interesting to see how the two develop. Different players really- McGary the more athletic 4 type and Adam a classic center. It's easy to make fun of him right now but it seems obvious he's got the potential to be the best big we've had since the Davis era. He's already rebounding really well. His shot will start falling and he'll get more endurance and we'll be thrilled he's on our team.

McGary is bigger and stronger than Woodbury, but McGary is also 18 months older than Woodbury, despite being both freshmen.

The writer states "He has made an immediate impact upon arrival, showing uncommon athletic ability for a 7 footer." He clearly hasn't seen him play much.

If you've seen him play then you've seen how ambidextrous he is around the hoop. He is so smooth with his hook shot, that many take it for granted. I don't think I've ever seen a freshman so comfortable making that move from either side of the basket.
It's certainly an athletic move. Even more so for a 7' freshman.

In telling ya.... He will be a good player for us in short time. Lots of crow for the haters of a kid half way thru his freshman year....

I agree. Woody is going to be a good one. I would like to see him spending a little more time out there then he is now. I have a hard time believing that he isn't in better condition than only being able to play 15 minutes per game.

I agree, I would like to see him out there a little more as well. Let him play through his tentativeness and allow him more time to get into the flow of the game. If foul trouble becomes an issue, Basabe and McCabe are available as is Olaseni if need be.

I was talking about the athletic part, i have seen every game, don't question my loyalty :)

You might notice that the Olympics are not all about the high jump and long jump. There's more to athleticism than your vertical leap. Woody runs the floor VERY well for a big man. Not as well as Zeller, but that's hardly an insult.

Zeller gets points off the fastbreak, Woodbury does not, he might have 4 fastbreak points all year. How many fastbreaks has he stopped on defense by getting back, not many. Yes he rebounds and passes to the outlet but so does every other big man. Does that make him a good passer. I thought he was suppose to pass well out of the post yet only 7 assists. People say these things because they heard them somewhere maybe from Fran or maybe by some prospect scout, but i have yet to see him do any of those things