Super Seven: Ranking the Big Ten’s best big men (Woody Listed)

If you had to pick one and only one with the Hawks down by 1 and with the ball.

Do you pick Josh O for a 3 ball or give the ball to Woody for a baby hook from 10 feet?

Josh O everytime for me.

You're delusional. Even at woodys terrible current FG percentage, he is more likely to score than Josh in that situation.

It's a simple matter of percentages. If you don't agree that something that is successful 34.7% of the times it is attempted is more likely to occur than something that is successful 28.6% of the times it is attempted, then you are by definition delusional.

Woody has been rushing himself when he gets the ball in the post. When he takes his time, his hook shot (left or right handed) is a thing of beauty swooshing through the net. IMHO, Woody needs more minutes and JO needs to be ready to shoot the ball at all times when he is in the game. Notice I didn't say he needs to shoot more, he just needs to be ready to every time he gets the ball on the perimeter.

This is dumb. Talk about a small sample. Woody has gone against the preseason National POY in Zeller, a 4th year vet in Morgan, a vet,senior 280lbr in Nix and another 7fter who outweighs him in Olah. He is 7 of 23 in those 4 games...not good,but lets look at our top scorer, Dev Marble....he is 9 of 31 in the Big Ten this year....should he stop shooting?

Here is what we do....we throw it to Woody and if he is not doubled,he shoots,and he will make a higher percentage as he learns. If he is doubled,he kicks it out and Dev makes an open jumper.

Its simple. With Woody on the floor,we play better on both ends. Hamstringing him by suggesting he not shoot is dumb,which is why Fran has rejected that suggestion. Have some patience,and watch it be rewarded as Woody starts to shoot better, draw the double,and then the offense takes off.

This will be a fun thread for the rest of the season.

I hope I am wrong and Woody flourishes the rest of the season.

Woody doesn't have a bad percentage because of the competition. He has a bad percentage because he had 2 really bad games in a row. That is not going to make your numbers look good when you've only played 4 games. He had a really good game against Michigan and a really bad one against northwestern.

Wasn't he shooting one of the best percentages in the nation awhile back? He was shooting better then a lot of centers that were also playing bad competition.

If you had to pick one and only one with the Hawks down by 1 and with the ball.

Do you pick Josh O for a 3 ball or give the ball to Woody for a baby hook from 10 feet?

Josh O everytime for me.

I'll take woody in your hypothetical every time. As for not being in down the stretch, it really depends on the situation. In a game where Iowa has a small lead, I don't want woody on the floor as he is a free throw shooting liability in that scenario. In a close game with Iowa behind, I do want him on the floor, both for his scoring potential, but also for his rebounding.

Looks like Fran and I agree. Only difference was it was a tie game and Woody wasn't even on the floor.

Looks like Fran and I agree. Only difference was it was a tie game and Woody wasn't even on the floor.

Josh went 3-11 last night. All that shows is that people will continue to think Fran is delusional for putting so much faith in a 27% shooter. 32% career 3-point shooter.

We should have fed it to woody.

He is now up to .33% from the field in conference play. Not where I would like it to be, but pretty good for this team.:mad:

Last edited:

Latest posts