Storminspank!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to be a complete, utter moron to criticize this hire. And to think that Storminspank somehow calls himself an expert on Hawkeye basketball and wants to be someone that Iowa fans assume is credible. I'll never take him seriously again. What a dope.

It is incredibly stupid to make the comments he made - potential recruits and current players are reading his twitters and posts - what is he thinking? Get behind the new coach!!!

I dont think Justin has ever referred to himself as an Iowa basketball expert. He is a passionate fan and loves the Hawks and I am glad to give him a place to express his passion. As for your name calling here, my suggestion is to put a stop to it, or we'll give you a timeout from the message boards

You have to be a complete, utter moron to criticize this hire. And to think that Storminspank somehow calls himself an expert on Hawkeye basketball and wants to be someone that Iowa fans assume is credible. I'll never take him seriously again. What a dope.

It is incredibly stupid to make the comments he made - potential recruits and current players are reading his twitters and posts - what is he thinking? Get behind the new coach!!!

This is ridiculous! Even though I have a problem with what he tweeted in regards to how it looks to recruits, I value what he brings to the board. If some of you think you could do a better job than Stormin, I am sure Jon would let you.

Stormin may be the yin to some of your yang but there is no doubt that he is a true Hawkeye B-Ball fanatic. Let him vent and then watch him settle back in.

After reading his posts I've yet to figure out how he got the label he has around here. The tweets about how overrated Scheyer and Singler are just cement that as if comparing Tucker to Arenas didn't.

I like how he said the fact that Iowa fans had to google McCaffery was an example of how bad it was. Like he didn't have to do the same with Gregory earlier on.

I'm not sure how serious basketball fans didn't know who he was after they housed Vandy two years ago and beat OSU last year. Bilas was constantly loving up those teams. Or how much his name has popped up for jobs the last two years.

Last edited:
That is a pretty unprofessional reaction...fan or not...

Sometimes its best to step away from the electronics when your upset, instead of saying something stupid. Pretty weak move by Spank IMHO. And I do genuinely like Spank and what he brings to the board.

Usually I have his back...but this was pretty dumb.

Justin's passion for the program showed during the season when, even though the games were not only difficult to watch but almost painful, he continued to do the chat during the games.

His tweet, while some may find it upsetting, was nothing more than the many individuals, including myself, who when they heard the news this morning said, "IOWA HIRED WHO TO BE THE NEXT COACH??"

I will guarantee Justin will get behind the program just like he stayed behind the program this past year. His initial reaction will fade as ours will and next winter he will be cheering the Hawks on to victory.

This was well said.

How many of us had the same reaction when Bowlsby hired Ferentz? Just because someone disagrees with you, doesn't make them an idiot...the world's full of d-bags, don't be one just because you think you're calling one out.

Stormin is a Hawkeye fan like you...like me. We all have emotional investments in this. He has his own personal twitter account, and he is certainly free to feel how he wants to feel

He has been a huge help for me on the site in a number of ways, and I don't recall me every tabbing him with the role of 'insider'. He has a passion for Iowa hoops...he did this year when it was real tough to have that...he had more of a passion for Iowa basketball this year than I did, I can tell you that.

Well said Jon. I understand Stormin's skepticism. Nothing wrong with his opinions.

The point is that he is someone with a position of authority with HawkeyeNation.

Use your brain and keep the negative, childish venting to yourself. You would not see Jon Miller doing that crap - he is too smart for that.

Van Idiot apparently is not.

The point is that he is someone with a position of authority with HawkeyeNation.

Use your brain and keep the negative, childish venting to yourself. You would not see Jon Miller doing that crap - he is too smart for that.

Probably time to step away from the keyboard for a little bit

Can we nominate posters as Murph and Andy's "Tool of the Week"??? I think I have quoted a winner...

Its time to move on and see who he brings in as assistants. If Forbes would happen to be his 1st assistant, then I can see his chances of succeeding increasing dramatically. He absolutely must hire guys that are big time recruiters. Tomorrow's press conference will tell a lot about how well he will fit within the community, imo. Hopefully, he's got what it takes to get this thing turned around.

Sorry man, but you were clearly warned. We'll see you back here in a week

Spank has never said he was an expert. He's just a giant bball fan and as a fan he was caught up in the heat of the moment. Im guessing that when he resurfaces on the board he will not be as negative. This coaching search has been hectic and a lot of people didnt handle the McCaffrey news the best

That is a pretty unprofessional reaction...fan or not...

Sometimes its best to step away from the electronics when your upset, instead of saying something stupid. Pretty weak move by Spank IMHO. And I do genuinely like Spank and what he brings to the board.

Usually I have his back...but this was pretty dumb.

I like how some folks here will call a guy a shill for not offering an honest opinion on the program, but when Stormin does some call him stupid or dumb. The facts actually support what Storminspank tweeted. At least he had the guts to say it.

At least half of the fans are NOT excited about this hire. We know Barta screwed up the last hire. We know that well over half of the seats are empty at Carver for mens basketball and all agree this hire will not change that for some time.

Part of Gary Barta's job is to SELL the mens basketball program. That means to sell it to fans and potential coaches. It seems obvious that he does not have the capability to do this.

There is no need to call someone stupid or dumb because you disagree with them, especially when someone is basing their argument on this AD's current history.

To be unprofessional, wouldnt you first have to be professional? Justin isn't doing this as a career, its a hobby and he brings a lot of passion. I am glad he is a part of the team even though we have different opinions on things from time to time. Usually I wind up being right, and he quickly admits that, so we get along real well ;)

You need to step away from your keyboard before Jon sends you to the corner. It's just his opinion, you don't have to like it or appreciate it. He said it when he was emotional, just like I said some emotional things this morning. It's okay to criticize and disagree with him, just don't revert to name calling.

You need to step away from your keyboard before Jon sends you to the corner. It's just his opinion, you don't have to like it or appreciate it. He said it when he was emotional, just like I said some emotional things this morning. It's okay to criticize and disagree with him, just don't revert to name calling.

Too late.

To be unprofessional, wouldnt you first have to be professional? Justin isn't doing this as a career, its a hobby and he brings a lot of passion. I am glad he is a part of the team even though we have different opinions on things from time to time. Usually I wind up being right, and he quickly admits that, so we get along real well ;)

He does a good job...but he writes for this site and is somewhat of a Representative of Hawkeyenation.com, I just thought he would be more civil than "Barta needs to be fired!"

Lets be honest...any poster who makes a thread like that on here would get toasted.

Whatever...moving on! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts