Storminspank!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone seriously needs to get off of their high horse. I am not any less informed or intelligent than you, I am not acting "childish", or being "immature", or a "moron" because I don't like this hire. Every single person is entitled to an opinion...what if everyone who doesn't like the hire starts calling all of you supporting it morons? Think you would all get very defensive very quickly. I'm not any less intelligent than you or any less of an Iowa fan than you simply because I think Barta may have made a terrible hire.....time will tell, and I hope it works out, but regardless of what happens in 3 or 4 years, this hire, right now, at this stage in Iowa Basketball, was very poor.

From you of all people, this is hilarious.

I think this is a terrible post...time will tell.

I gave it time. It told. Still horrible.

Never anything to offer to a conversation. Full of insults. If someone doesn't agree with you you consistently tear their opinions (even well thought out opinions/posts) down, without offering anything close to a cordial response. So tired of your s**t. I've been frequenting HawkeyeNation as well as HawkeyeInsider for nearly 10 years combined, and I have never had issues with another poster.

You are an idiot. Never anything to offer to a conversation. Full of insults. If someone doesn't agree with you you consistently tear their opinions (even well thought out opinions/posts) down, without offering anything close to a cordial response. So tired of your s**t. I've been frequenting HawkeyeNation as well as HawkeyeInsider for nearly 10 years combined, and I have never had issues with another poster.

Ghost got someone all fired up.

Everyone seriously needs to get off of their high horse. I am not any less informed or intelligent than you, I am not acting "childish", or being "immature", or a "moron" because I don't like this hire. Every single person is entitled to an opinion...what if everyone who doesn't like the hire starts calling all of you supporting it morons? Think you would all get very defensive very quickly. I'm not any less intelligent than you or any less of an Iowa fan than you simply because I think Barta may have made a terrible hire.....time will tell, and I hope it works out, but regardless of what happens in 3 or 4 years, this hire, right now, at this stage in Iowa Basketball, was very poor.

Or you could....you know, give Coach Fran a chance to work things out before automatically labeling him a failure. Or how about this - let him coach a game.

You might have a good point in there, but you're doing a horrible job of articulating it.

Or you could....you know, give Coach Fran a chance to work things out before automatically labeling him a failure. Or how about this - let him coach a game.

You might have a good point in there, but you're doing a horrible job of articulating it.

I'm not doing a horrible job of articulating anything. Some people liked the hire. Some people didn't. The people that stated they didn't like the hire, and gave reasons for not liking it were immediately attacked. If you took 10 minutes to read any of what I have actually posted you would know that although I am not enthralled with Barta's hire, I am supportive of it and I am looking forward to what Coach McCaffery could potentially do for Iowa Basketball. I have never "not given him a chance", nor have I labeled him a "failure", and it isn't about "letting him coach a game". I am disappointed with the hire because I thought (and don't try to bull***t me with your "I'm completely okay with the hire, I didn't expect or want a big name crap, everyone on the board has been pipe dreaming for 2 weeks, so obviously not everybody is going to be overly pleased). I have stated numerous times that within 24 hours of being hired I was more excited than I was after Lick came on board....although that isn't saying a whole lot. I've read through his presser and he gave all of the right answers. And from what I have heard about the meet and greet at Carver, I am also excited. I haven't "written him off"....I'm actually pretty excited to see what he can do as Iowa's basketball coach....IT'S JUST NOT THE ROUTE I HAD EXPECTED OR HOPED FOR! Jesus. Anytime a mid-majors name was brought up for 2 weeks all anybody did was try to tear it down, and make comments like "if Barta goes in this direction he needs to be fired"....then, Barta goes in that direction, and someone, who was even supportive of Lickliter until he had coached his last game, isn't overly excited, and all of a sudden I'm immature? Or I'm an *******? People tell me to go root for another team? Please. I've missed a grand total of 13 home Iowa football games in my life, all of them because I was either in Iraq, or out of state at rifle qualification. I have Herky tattooed on my forearm. I bleed black and gold, whether they are worth a damn or not. Of course I'm going to give him a fair shake. But it wasn't anywhere near the hire I expected. And 99.9 percent of you didn't expect it either.

Last edited:

So I must have misinterpreted this, then? What exactly are you trying to say here if you think it was a good hire, and are excited about it now? To the casual reader, it would appear that you think the hiring of McCafferey is going to be an unmitigated disaster.

This thread has had it's fun. Let's just let bygones be bygones.
I've never been a fan of Hawkeye brethren attacking each other.

Closing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts