Stick a fork in it

This season, like this team, is done.

Would anyone be surprised if we are one and done in the BTT AND the Dance?

Tonight is the latest in a pattern of poor play since the michigan win. This time there will be no miracles to save them. 21-10 for the reg season. One and done in the btt and dance. 21-12 to end the season. We will get no better under Fran without an uptick in recruiting.

Unfortunately we probably won’t win again if our tourney game is against PSU or Rut. With our luck it will be. We will then end season on 6 game losing streak. Ouch

This certainly can happen, and if it does it will be hard to keep fans interested for next season.

They are not playing well, and it’s hard to climb out of a slump at the end of the year. They need to find a way. A win at Wisconsin would be huge right now, but it will be a major challenge for them. Win it and we’ll all settle down. Get beat in s close one and we’ll be edgy but seeing a spark. Get run out of the gym and this season could finish by just going through the motions for everyone.

I’ll be surprised if they are not.
I’ll be surprised if they win another game before November.

Seeing bad strategy (Cook mostly setting screens 20’ from the basket rather than working the blocks) long stretches of nonsensical, unproductive lineups (Dailey and C-MAC and Baer) undisciplined shot selection ( JoBo and Baer ... and Garza jacking 3s early in the shot clock) discombobulated and lazy D .... pretty much all the flaws that made Iowa so bad last season.

We thought they had them resolved - I was willing to call this Frans best coaching job, because we were finally seeing what happens when he puts forth a competent coaching effort - but everything has boiled back out. Not only returned but with a vengeance and at the worst time of the season.

Bummer, I liked watching this team. Nothing more to see except 4 L’s, this season. No thanks.

Not at all. I think the draw in the NCAAs will determine win or lose.

To Buster's points above..we've seen this time and time again. Bottom line, Fran just isn't that great a coach. The same patterns come back over and over. You can say "well, he can't make the plays on the court", it's all connected. Either he's recruiting kids that can't follow his system or can't make the plays, he doesn't connect with the players well enough to teach them the system and make the corrections, his assistants can't do same (for f***'s sake we have one coach for every 3 scholarship players. What do they do at practice?!), or his system just sucks. it's all the same no matter how you parse it out.

There's no better proof than how his teams fade at the end of the year, rather then improve and peak.

Last edited:
Yeah, it does suck the way its trending. Maybe if we went 1-1 in last two games, 1-1 in BTT............no, on second thought, even that still sucks. ......................the kool aid was good when it tasted sweet, but that nasty after taste got me again...............

If Iowa doesn't win at least one game in the NCAA, Fran should be gone. There are many talented coaches out there that we wouldn't have to be embarrassed about.

Fran's got us back to the tournament!!! We're back baby.

Did I do that right? Tournament wins don't matter correct?

It only matters if you make the tournament on years we don't make it. If we make it but lose the first game, that's when wins matter. If we win the first game and lose the second game, you have to make the sweet 16. Gotta keep that bar moving just out of reach so you never have to be happy.

It only matters if you make the tournament on years we don't make it. If we make it but lose the first game, that's when wins matter. If we win the first game and lose the second game, you have to make the sweet 16. Gotta keep that bar moving just out of reach so you never have to be happy.

This way they can't lose

tenor.gif

When asked nobody will ever answer what their legitimate expectations for the Iowa program are.

In reality four tournaments is six years historically is pretty good for the Iowa program.

Do I want more (better seeds, longer tournament runs, big ten title contention)? Absolutely.

The reality is one or two players could significantly change the trajectory of this program. That first wave of players (Marble, JU, Woody, MG) got us back to NCAA level. Maybe Wieskamp can take us a step higher.

This way they can't lose

tenor.gif

BULL...The target(s) never changes.

1) Top four or better in the B1G regular season every year
2) At least one B1G regular season championship every ten years.
3) Second round or better in NCAA every year.
4) Sweet sixteen or better every four years

Those are the targets.

How many of those have been attained in the last twenty years?

In 1999, Tom Davis tied for third in the B1G and reached the sweet 16 (three targets met)

Alford reached the second round of the NCAA's once in 2000 - 2001 season, but finished tied for 6th in the B1G that year. In seven seasons, he finished in the top four of the B1G three times with no regular season championships (four targets met in seven years).

Lickliter...do I even need to say?

How many has Fran attained in nine years? Two ties for third in the B1G in 2015 and 2016, the same years the Hawks reached the second round (four targets met).

So, in twenty years, Iowa has met 11 targets of a possible 47.
In nine years, Fran has met 4 targets of a possible 22.

Maybe my targets are a little pie in the sky, but shouldn't Iowa be able to attain at least one fourth of those targets?

Fran's got us back to the tournament!!! We're back baby.

Did I do that right? Tournament wins don't matter correct?

You forgot to mention that true fans gladly accept whatever inferior product Fran sells them and that only fake fans dare to desire a program that is capable of consistent quality. Stand behind Mr. Mediocrity or stand aside.

Keep this attitude when we beat Wisconsin tomorrow in Madison. Don’t jump back on go cheer for the ass clowns in lames

Latest posts