Starting D next year?

Ickehawk

The defense could be even better next year IF (and that's a big if) someone can get at least some of Johnson's production. I would really like to see them slide Matt Nelson there as I don't think Lattimore will be ready, but I could be wrong, and Lattimore could surprise us.

DE- Hesse/AJ Epenesa?
DT- Bazata/???
DT- M. Nelson/Lattimore
DE- A. Nelson/Rieff
Will- Bower/Mends
Mike- Jewell/Hockaday
LEO- Niemann/Ward
LC- Jackson/???
SS- Taylor/Hooker
FS- Snyder/Gervase
RC- Rugamba/Ojemudia

Every starter on this list has a ton of starting/playing time from a defense that was as good as any in the B1G since PSU.

That is a very strong line up for sure. The defense will be strong at all 3 levels. I look forward to seeing them shut teams down!

Up front Iowa will be loaded at defensive end. I think someone else such as Sam Brinks moves inside and takes that 4th tackle spot. I think that Chauncey Goldston ends up being the 4th DE unless he bulks up and moves inside opening a spot for Romeo McKnight or Brandon Smith.

Cedric Boswell would make a good 4th corner. Also one of the 3 freshman recruits coming in could compete there.

All the linebackers are strong, no problem there.

Also at defensive tackle Brady Rieff has been practicing there the past 2 weeks. That could be in the plans for next year as well.

Phil Parker said at one time that Michael Slater was impressive at DT. Haven't heard from him at all this yr.

The defense could be even better next year IF (and that's a big if) someone can get at least some of Johnson's production. I would really like to see them slide Matt Nelson there as I don't think Lattimore will be ready, but I could be wrong, and Lattimore could surprise us.

DE- Hesse/AJ Epenesa?
DT- Bazata/???
DT- M. Nelson/Lattimore
DE- A. Nelson/Rieff
Will- Bower/Mends
Mike- Jewell/Hockaday
LEO- Niemann/Ward
LC- Jackson/???
SS- Taylor/Hooker
FS- Snyder/Gervase
RC- Rugamba/Ojemudia

Every starter on this list has a ton of starting/playing time from a defense that was as good as any in the B1G since PSU.

Good stuff. Please do predictions on the starting O for 2017 (and no, I am NOT being sarcastic). In the meantime, I will remind you, again, to stop insulting people and just share what is obviously some pretty good knowledge of the game. Thanks.

Isn't Matt Nelson 6'8"? Certainly not impossible and I'm sure it's been done at some point, but the interior DL is all about leverage and at that height, he'd be at a bit of an inherent disadvantage. But you never know...

Nice work there Icke, you removed the Seniors and basically shifted the two deep left...really heady stuff and ripe with football knowledge and insight. It's also impressive that you have picked up on the several hundred posts projecting Matt Nelson to DT since he's 282 now and will be 290 by next fall and he's beginning to move like a DT.

Honestly, I couldn't be more impressed and can't wait to see what you come up with on offense for 2017. I hope it's something insightful like James Daniels to center or Matt Vandenburg starting in the slot. Seriously...I can't wait.

Lastly, you've posted previously that AJ would redshirt because of the tremendous depth at DE. So you've now seen the light?

Nice work there Icke, you removed the Seniors and basically shifted the two deep left...really heady stuff and ripe with football knowledge and insight. It's also impressive that you have picked up on the several hundred posts projecting Matt Nelson to DT since he's 282 now and will be 290 by next fall and he's beginning to move like a DT.

Honestly, I couldn't be more impressed and can't wait to see what you come up with on offense for 2017. I hope it's something insightful like James Daniels to center or Matt Vandenburg starting in the slot. Seriously...I can't wait.

Lastly, you've posted previously that AJ would redshirt because of the tremendous depth at DE. So you've now seen the light?
Translation.....LTG.

That is a very strong line up for sure. The defense will be strong at all 3 levels. I look forward to seeing them shut teams down!

Up front Iowa will be loaded at defensive end. I think someone else such as Sam Brinks moves inside and takes that 4th tackle spot. I think that Chauncey Goldston ends up being the 4th DE unless he bulks up and moves inside opening a spot for Romeo McKnight or Brandon Smith.

Cedric Boswell would make a good 4th corner. Also one of the 3 freshman recruits coming in could compete there.
I agree. They are thin at CB, so there will be opportunities on the depth chart.

If Bower is starting it's not a good sign.
Good one! How original. He had a great year. Was in the top 15 in the B1G in tackles (I think 9th among LB's). Will be a 3rd year starter on a team that shut Mich. and Nebby down (and he was a big part of that), but yeah, he's not any good. lol..... You 'crazies' get delusions in your heads and just can't shed them without the help of meds and/or trained professionals.

Good one! How original. He had a great year. Was in the top 15 in the B1G in tackles (I think 9th among LB's). Will be a 3rd year starter on a team that shut Mich. and Nebby down (and he was a big part of that), but yeah, he's not any good. lol..... You 'crazies' get delusions in your heads and just can't shed them without the help of meds and/or trained professionals.
LTG

And he did not make even honorable mention all B1G coaches or media... what does that say?

Latest posts