Spencer Petras

I like how he looks off safeties on the deep ball and comes back on the streak trusting his wr will be there. Maybe we should sign that one wr kid who keeps getting deep on everybody from his team :)

I've seen this kid play out here in Cali.
Philip Rivers 2.0.
Huge arm.
Huge body.
Huge get.
SWARM.

Yeah that is kind of what I was thinking. Almost guarantee he will redshirt next year, which could set him up for a great Hawkeye career.

I have questions on if Mansell is the type of qb we need as he is more of a dual-threat type. But I do think he still has a good enough arm to wing it when he needs to. Just wish we could see a little more of him.

a good qb is a good qb. if he's willing to learn. and, he has not ties to GD, all brian and KOK.

Wow.... just.... Wow.

Great arm, he puts the ball right where it needs to be. Kid looks huge out there.

Season stats were crazy 50 TD to 2 INTs

If Kirk doesn't allow the OC to go vertical with this kid, he never will.

Last edited:
I thought Iowa tries to get a QB each class. Shouldn't be too big of a surprise.
Actually if none of the current QBs transfer this kinda clogs up the QB meeting room. Granted that if is a pretty big one. Lots of folks think either Wiegers or Boyle are leaving if not both. Obviously if either of those things happen we'll need one. But yeah usually 1 a year is what they like to do normally

Actually if none of the current QBs transfer this kinda clogs up the QB meeting room. Granted that if is a pretty big one. Lots of folks think either Wiegers or Boyle are leaving if not both. Obviously if either of those things happen we'll need one. But yeah usually 1 a year is what they like to do normally

Wiegers will be a Senior. This really doesn't affect him. Boyle, on the other hand, looks to be squeezed.

EDIT: I just read that Wiegers graduates this month. That means he could play elsewhere immediately. That changes things a bit. Boyle is also on schedule to graduate in the Spring. Man, how many hours did that kid take?! He's only listed as a Sophomore.

Last edited: