Spencer Petras

Any questions, Beaver fans? (and who isn't a beaver fan)

tenor.gif

Kudos to Kirk for offering four star recruits and competing for Alabama's Five star recruits and signing three star recruits this year! Obviously we've had many higher star rated recruits the last few years than thought. Funny how the stars lose their shine when a kid signs against a blue blood! Meanwhile I hear Kirk singing Perry Como!
( Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket)

I smell Varmit *********!
Licensed to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. A man, free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit - ever. They're like the Viet Cong - Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower. And that's all she wrote.

Last edited:
Actually, in 2015, it was Kirk and GD that went to Wisconsin during the bye week to keep up the contact with Stanley. Seth Wallace stayed in IC/CR that weekend.
Either way, he was not the primary recruiter and overall had minimal involvement.

I guess it's a matter of semantics as to what a person would consider significant involvement. Despite what some posters imply with hyperbolic statements, I don't think Davis is the cause for everything bad that has happened to the Iowa program over the past several years, but, from my perspective it's pretty obvious that he wasn't a good fit for the program and offered next to nothing. Some fans seem to miss him for some reason, but I'm not one of them.

Either way, he was not the primary recruiter and overall had minimal involvement.

I guess it's a matter of semantics as to what a person would consider significant involvement. Despite what some posters imply with hyperbolic statements, I don't think Davis is the cause for everything bad that has happened to the Iowa program over the past several years, but, from my perspective it's pretty obvious that he wasn't a good fit for the program and offered next to nothing. Some fans seem to miss him for some reason, but I'm not one of them.

I agree. I just was clarifying that he was, at least to some degree, involved. Others make it sound like KF let GD do whatever he wanted. One would think the non-renewal of Kennedy and White cleared up those "ideas".