Sparty/Texas Tech

Mike Patrick just said the following:

If you're in the Big 10, you build your team to beat Big 10 teams. If you're in the Big 12, you build your team to beat Big 12 teams.

ohhhhh...so that's why Lickliter has been failing...he's been building his team to beat Pac 10 teams...

What an idiot announcer.

Why didn't Michigan State just run on 3rd down to get a few more yards for the FG? 52 yards is a bit much. I would have gone for the tie and put them inside the 30 on the kickoff. Oh well, got blocked anyway. I hope Tech doesn't score quick to make it a 2 score game before half...

They just said 10 minutes ago how it's a shame that only bad things get headlines...and now...now they're giving us the entire time line of the Mike Leach situation...

They just said 10 minutes ago how it's a shame that only bad things get headlines...and now...now they're giving us the entire time line of the Mike Leach situation...

I also can't understand why losing a head coach is worse than losing FOURTEEN PLAYERS.

I personally like Mike Leach, he can be my coach anytime.

Agreed. I don't think the whole story is being brought out. Obviously it was a form of discipline, and I agree wholeheartedly about the decision to discipline the player. I think it was the kid whining to mommy and daddy after he got yelled at. I don't care if he had a concussion or not... he probably mouthed off to Leach and he needed to be disciplined.

Agreed. I don't think the whole story is being brought out. Obviously it was a form of discipline, and I agree wholeheartedly about the decision to discipline the player. I think it was the kid whining to mommy and daddy after he got yelled at. I don't care if he had a concussion or not...he probably mouthed off to Leach and he needed to be disciplined.

Then why would Leach say everything BUT that? If that is the truth and he's trying to clear his name, shouldn't that be the FIRST thing said? Instead of the smear campaign on the James family?

Wait...did the James kid even get hurt by being put in the shed?

Why can't both parties just come out and say they were wrong?

"Hey, Adam, sorry about putting you in the shed. It was the wrong thing to do and it won't happen again."

"No problem, coach. I overreacted, nobody got hurt."

*Mike Leach is the coach of Texas Tech next year*

>_>

Wait...did the James kid even get hurt by being put in the shed?

Why can't both parties just come out and say they were wrong?

"Hey, Adam, sorry about putting you in the shed. It was the wrong thing to do and it won't happen again."

"No problem, coach. I overreacted, nobody got hurt."

*Mike Leach is the coach of Texas Tech next year*

>_>

That's how the whole thing came to this...Leach wouldn't apologize and BAM...the school suspends him and everything blows up.

That's how the whole thing came to this...Leach wouldn't apologize and BAM...the school suspends him and everything blows up.
One question - has any other player who had a concussion at Texas Tech get the same treatment (sorry, lack of a better word) than the James kid did? I think both sides have made mistakes in this, but has anyone ever asked or answered this question? If this is a treatment that other players with the same problem had, then I think Leach would have said that. I do agree that the James kid seems to be a bit of a prima donna with a 'helicopter' dad, but I think this is the major question to ask. I also agree that if Leach apologized, this possibly would have ended quickly.

One question - has any other player who had a concussion at Texas Tech get the same treatment (sorry, lack of a better word) than the James kid did? I think both sides have made mistakes in this, but has anyone ever asked or answered this question? If this is a treatment that other players with the same problem had, then I think Leach would have said that. I do agree that the James kid seems to be a bit of a prima donna with a 'helicopter' dad, but I think this is the major question to ask. I also agree that if Leach apologized, this possibly would have ended quickly.

I don't know if anyone's asked or not...but I liked what Davies said, "Coaches shouldn't have any involvement in treating injuries"...which I think we all know, Leach wasn't treating an injury here...it was a punishment for the kid's prima dona act.

The formation that MSU ran that play out of was pretty much the same formation that Iowa beat them with on the last play. Only noticeable differece was not tight end.

Latest posts