Sparty/Texas Tech

As much as I would have liked to see a win for the Big Ten, Texas Tech is one of the more entertaining teams to watch year in and year out. That was a good game.

Hats off to Coach Dantonio for laying down the law and even though they lost, maybe the players will learn they cannot get involved in the crap they did. There are a lot of little kids that look up to them if they like it or not they are role models and need to act like them.

I wish ISU could play in the big 10. I realize the top 4-5 teams are really good, but the other 6 are pretty terrible. Win 3 non-conference games and 3-4 conference games then play on jan 1st, I'd take it.

Last edited:
I wish ISU could play in the big 10. I realize the top 4-5 teams are really good, but the other 6 are pretty terrible. Win 3 non-conference games and 3-4 conference games then play on jan 1st, I'd take it.
Are you talking about the ISU that beat the 8th place big ten team by one point? Tell me how would Iowa State get to a Jan bowl game? Who would they have gone in place of this year? Lets see. Penn State would beat the clones by 30, Iowa destroyed you on your home field, Ohio State would hang 50 on them, Wisonsin would hang 30 and knock out half the team, Northwestern would hang 30 the clones, and Michigan state would beat you handily, I simply cannot think of a team outside of Minnesota or Purdue/Indiana that Iowa state could beat. based on the junior high performance in the insght bowl I woud suggest that Minnesota wouldve hung 21 on you at their place. Iowa State is the Indiana of the big 12. I take that back I forgot about academics. Nevermind. LET ME JUST SAY THIS 35-3 clown!

Are you talking about the ISU that beat the 8th place big ten team by one point? Tell me how would Iowa State get to a Jan bowl game? Who would they have gone in place of this year? Lets see. Penn State would beat the clones by 30, Iowa destroyed you on your home field, Ohio State would hang 50 on them, Wisonsin would hang 30 and knock out half the team, Northwestern would hang 30 the clones, and Michigan state would beat you handily, I simply cannot think of a team outside of Minnesota or Purdue/Indiana that Iowa state could beat. based on the junior high performance in the insght bowl I woud suggest that Minnesota wouldve hung 21 on you at their place. Iowa State is the Indiana of the big 12. I take that back I forgot about academics. Nevermind. LET ME JUST SAY THIS 35-3 clown!

I agree. All the teams you listed would beat the clones. But I would like the matchups with 4-5 of the lower teams and with 7 wins probably looking at Alamo at worst. I wasn't trying to slam the big 10, just saying I think ISU would have a better shot at a better bowl there.

I agree. All the teams you listed would beat the clones. But I would like the matchups with 4-5 of the lower teams and with 7 wins probably looking at Alamo at worst. I wasn't trying to slam the big 10, just saying I think ISU would have a better shot at a better bowl there.

You may be right, but it wouldn't be because of ISU performance on the field. The bowl tie-ins that the Big 10 would do more for ISU than their current arrangement - although that seems to have worked out pretty well for ISU this year.

As currently constructed, ISU would have a tough time finishing in the top 1/2 of the Big 10. When Minnesota rolls up 400 yards of offense on you without having any viable threats on offense, that wouldn't bode well against some of the more physical teams in the conference.

I told you Ruffin McNeill sweats a lot! I hope they hire him, the man showed some serious stones last night, and it worked out every time.

For a man who sweats that much, he sure doesn't seem to burn many calories...we also don't know if he likes being that aggressive or if he was just pulling out all of the stops for that one game, trying to get the gig...hard to judge a guy on one game, but then again, everyone's gotta get their first gig somehow!

For a man who sweats that much, he sure doesn't seem to burn many calories...we also don't know if he likes being that aggressive or if he was just pulling out all of the stops for that one game, trying to get the gig...hard to judge a guy on one game, but then again, everyone's gotta get their first gig somehow!

Kind of made you wonder why Ruff (yeah, I just called him that) went with the turtleneck underneath the long-sleeve polo. The man probably lost 10 pounds last night.

Kind of made you wonder why Ruff (yeah, I just called him that) went with the turtleneck underneath the long-sleeve polo. The man probably lost 10 pounds last night.

You can't deny "style"...even if it's not "practical" for the moment SR....as Billy Crystal once said on SNL..."It's better to look good, than to feel good"...and it's so true...so very true!

Latest posts