Sounds like the NW game off

I would be interested to know the percentage of injury and COVID. If they got 5 guys banged up and one kid who miraculously decided to take a COVID test when no one is requiring testing now, that seems like gaming the system. But, if they have 4-5 kids down and really sick with COVID or the flu or whatever, I can see the wisdom of not punishing the team for making the responsible health decision and spreading to another team.

That all said, if it can't be made up, it should be a forfeit. The opponent should not be punished when it was ready to play.

And are they required to prove the pos COVID tests or is it a team's word? I would think NW isn't pulling anything and is legit, but I wonder about what other teams could do.

Oh well, least we can look forward to a game down the road.

This has happened I swear every god damn year since the 2015 Indiana game got cancelled with the falling beam. Every year I say I got "Game get's postponed" on my Iowa basketball bingo card open and it never lets me down.

Last season it was Iowa's game AT TOSU - which Iowa had to make up and it put them at a huge disadvantage where they had like 4 games in a 10 days. However, Iowa responded by going on a huge run during this time.
Iowa has only had 4 other postponements going back to 1999.

2022 - OSU - Weather, won the makeup
2021 - MSU - C19, won the makeup
2021 - Nebraska - C19, won the makeup
2014 - Indiana - Arena issue, lost the makeup

Two games because of factors out of anyone's control, and 2 games because of covid (not counting tomorrow). I'd say that's pretty good because there were a lot of teams with more than 2 covid postponements.

Iowa has only had 4 other postponements going back to 1999.

2022 - OSU - Weather, won the makeup
2021 - MSU - C19, won the makeup
2021 - Nebraska - C19, won the makeup
2014 - Indiana - Arena issue, lost the makeup

Two games because of factors out of anyone's control, and 2 games because of covid (not counting tomorrow). I'd say that's pretty good because there were a lot of teams with more than 2 covid postponements.
So, this the 5th game since 2014, obviously the Covid seasons hit everyone, but that's a lot of games cancelled in a small window considering I don't remember a game being cancelled for anything ever prior to the Indiana game. I mean, they played a game 3 days after Street died.

So, this the 5th game since 2014, obviously the Covid seasons hit everyone, but that's a lot of games cancelled in a small window considering I don't remember a game being cancelled for anything ever prior to the Indiana game. I mean, they played a game 3 days after Street died.
Two postponements were C19 rules. I looked and most B1G teams had 2-4 postponements/cancellations in 20-21. In fact every other team had at least 1 cancellation, whereas Iowa didn't...only postponed. Can't really count those because Iowa actually did better than everyone else in that regard.

One was weather (what are you gonna do when travel is impossible...that's no one's fault).

One was a piece of a building falling off.

Just 2 incidents of dumb luck.

I am telling you, those fuckers from Bloomington knew we were coming into their house to clean their clock, so they sent some janitor up to the roof to loosen some bolts. You will never convince me otherwise. Iowa was red hot and the Hoosiers were afraid of us.

A few things here.

At least two games were rescheduled in the aftermath of the Chris Street tragedy. One, ironically was Northwestern who were already in town to play the next night as I'm sure will be brought up on the documentary. The other, I believe, was Penn State.

It's mid January, and it's easy travel distance. They made it work in 1993. They will find a common date to make this up.

Northwestern was also playing well before stumbling at Michigan. They were probably looking at this 100% as a winnable game.

Anytime they want to be whipped like they were in last years BTT is fine with me. That set the tone for our run to the nets because we didn't have to expel a lot of energy that day. Our legs were just fresh enough to outlast Purdue.

Leistikow said he talked to Fran and he wasn't mad or bent out of shape about it, and that they're going to reschedule.

I think people are making it a bigger deal than it is, but that's just my opinion.
What Fran may say publicly about it probably isn't his true knee jerk/real reaction to it either... Team is on a roll I would think he'd have loved to have played them now.

I'm in the camp of thinking it should be a forfeit. Iowa shouldn't have to bend over backwards at all to reschedule. This is dumb. NW doesn't have a couple redshirt freshman or walk ons they could play? That should be their tough luck. Or forfeit it..

Anytime they want to be whipped like they were in last years BTT is fine with me. That set the tone for our run to the nets because we didn't have to expel a lot of energy that day. Our legs were just fresh enough to outlast Purdue.

I consider last season to have ended with the conference title game, so thank you for the memory.

What Fran may say publicly about it probably isn't his true knee jerk/real reaction to it either... Team is on a roll I would think he'd have loved to have played them now.

I'm in the camp of thinking it should be a forfeit. Iowa shouldn't have to bend over backwards at all to reschedule. This is dumb. NW doesn't have a couple redshirt freshman or walk ons they could play? That should be their tough luck. Or forfeit it..

Whatever happened to those gray teamers? Throw them out there if you have to.

Found this tidbit for whenever the game is on. Awesome!

Whenever I see that line (Chink in the armor) used I cringe. Remember that NBA point guard, Jeremy Lin I think his name was? He had a bad game and some ESPN dummy titled an article using that phrase. Seemed like an intentional racist pun, but whether intentional or just stupid, I think the dude got canned pretty publicly.

Leistikow said he talked to Fran and he wasn't mad or bent out of shape about it, and that they're going to reschedule.

I think people are making it a bigger deal than it is, but that's just my opinion.
I’m not making it a big deal at all, just pointing out that it’s our current climate we live in. Cancelling games used to be never a thing, now it’s fairly common. Iowa didn’t push a football game for 9/11. They didn’t push a game for a teammate dieing in a tragic accident. Fast forward to 2023 and it’s two times in the last 2 years well after Covid protocols have been lessened. You think 5 times since 2014 isn’t a lot, I think it’s a lot. It’s all about your prospective. Imo it at least merits a bingo card spot ;) - mark your bingo card, Iowa moves a schedule game date.

Last edited:
I’m not making it a big deal at all, just pointing out that it’s our current climate we live in. Cancelling games used to be never a thing, now it’s fairly common. Iowa didn’t push a football game for 9/11. They didn’t push a game for a teammate dieing in a tragic accident. Fast forward to 2023 and it’s two times in the last 2 years well after Covid protocols have been lessened. You think 5 times since 2014 isn’t a lot, I think it’s a lot. It’s all about your prospective. Imo it at least merits a bingo card spot ;) - mark your bingo card, Iowa moves a schedule game date.
I didn’t mean you making a big deal. There’s more than a few people on Twitter and the interwebs raging about it

I am selfish. I was not going to be able to make the trip to CHA tomorrow night due to a snowstorm. So, postpone away!

Just too bad for Peyton and Perkins, hope this doesn't cool them off. Hopefully we keep building the bench so Rebracca, Kris, and Connor don't have to play 40 mins. a game.