Sorry Kirk and Vandenberg haters....

JVB's stats don't show it but I think this was his best game this year. He actually showed some leadership out there. His decision to run it on the last drive was the correct one as he saw the defender about to jump CJF's route. Good timing on Weisman's TD run. He still throws into coverage for no reason, but I only counted three of those today so that is progress. He actually looked like he wanted to be on the field today. Overall, progress in all three phases today. Played a very good 2nd half. Hard to say how much the weather was factoring into it, but performance was better in the 2nd half and that may have something to do with it. The legends division is the Hawk's grasp at this point. Can't say enough about the Defense and Special Teams. The Hawks can now put wining a close one on the road against a good team on the resume.

Our offense is pathetic, and Vandy is not much better. If I see one more 3 yard pass...I'm gonna bust a gut. Davis is O'Keefe without the good plays.

We won, great win, I'm happy for the players.

But if you think this program is going anywhere but down with this offensive incompetence.. you're fooling yourself.

Just stop keeping it real, 'drummer. You know Iowa is about to reel off about 5 straight wins and head for le BCS bowls.

JVB's stats don't show it but I think this was his best game this year. He actually showed some leadership out there. His decision to run it on the last drive was the correct one as he saw the defender about to jump CJF's route. Good timing on Weisman's TD run. He still throws into coverage for no reason, but I only counted three of those today so that is progress. He actually looked like he wanted to be on the field today. Overall, progress in all three phases today. Played a very good 2nd half. Hard to say how much the weather was factoring into it, but performance was better in the 2nd half and that may have something to do with it. The legends division is the Hawk's grasp at this point. Can't say enough about the Defense and Special Teams. The Hawks can now put wining a close one on the road against a good team on the resume.

What about his last pass of the game that hit the MSU defender in the chest but Cotton had to defend?

Sorry I'm happy we won but.... definatley not in agreement on that analysis

"I told you so" or not, JVB has regressed as a QB, his footwork, touch, field vision is disappointing for a 5 th year senior. Kudos for not turning the ball over and keeping Iowa in the game, but he was far from the reason why we won. Great work to Meyer and our D!

Suck it haters! Kurt just masterfully defeated a former top 15 team in their house. Frankly, sticking with Vandenberg when 99% of the morans in Hawkeyenation who don't know football while he spearheads a masterful, come-from-behind win is worth teh 4 million dollars a year.

They are a former top 15 team for a reason, MSU is just not that good...and Iowa deserved to win today because we took care of ball outside of a JVB INT that was MSU's TD.

Another showing like this and O'Keefe will start looking good. Vandy is like that car you sit behind at the stop sign that won't pull out in to traffic. Frustrating. You honk trying to get them to make a decision.

He has yet to prove he is a game winner. Despite JVB efforts to not win this game, Mike Meyer and the defense won this one His a** got saved on this one.

Not sold on JVB in the least. He is barely adaquate. The defense won the game. He made a few good passes and a lot of bad ones.

Just because someone is critical of bad coaching and poor play...doesn't mean they want Iowa to lose and doesn't mean they aren't happy when Iowa pulls one out despite horrible decisions throughout the game.

I wish I knew what is factoring in to make all these 3 yard passes. What criteria is JVB required to follow that ends with him throwing another ball that is short of a 1st down?

Also, why do most of Iowa's 3rd down plays end up with receivers running routes 4 yards behind the first down line?

I just don't get it.

Bad day for Ooth.......good day for Hawkeyenation!

It actually a very good day for me.

Kirk proved he is still one of the worst coaches in the country.

If you cant see how poorly Kirk coached then you be a dumb dumb.
Also Iowas defense won the game even though they had to make up for the offense, GD, and Kirk.

It actually a very good day for me.

Kirk proved he is still one of the worst coaches in the country.

If you cant see how poorly Kirk coached then you be a dumb dumb.
Also Iowas defense won the game even though they had to make up for the offense, GD, and Kirk.

Last I check Kirk is head coach, that means he gets credit and blame for both the offense and defense. We won the game on the road against a better team. Keep telling yourself that the coaches aren't a big reason they won...

Just because someone is critical of bad coaching and poor play...doesn't mean they want Iowa to lose and doesn't mean they aren't happy when Iowa pulls one out despite horrible decisions throughout the game.

Read my sig.....Ooth actively roots against Iowa and KF. He isn't a fan, he is a troll. I'm not talking about anyone else.

Our offense is pathetic, and Vandy is not much better. If I see one more 3 yard pass...I'm gonna bust a gut. Davis is O'Keefe without the good plays.

We won, great win, I'm happy for the players.

But if you think this program is going anywhere but down with this offensive incompetence.. you're fooling yourself.

Spoken liek a true drummer. Anyone with eyes can see this offense is peaking at precisely the right time.

Last I check Kirk is head coach, that means he gets credit and blame for both the offense and defense. We won the game on the road against a better team. Keep telling yourself that the coaches aren't a big reason they won...

You either didnt watch the game or you are the biggest dumb dumb on here. Kirk is very involved with the offense. Not as much so with the defense.

Do you think kirk and GD had a good game?

It was a terrible game to watch. Michigan State without at least three starters on offense couldn't do much of anything, and Iowa was horrible for much of the game. Iowa has been pretty lucky this year facing minnesota without their star quarterback, and a michigan state team with all their injuries. I think Iowa can beat indiana this year, but I doubt they will go to a bowl game. I doubt Iowas defense would of been as impressive if michigan state would of been healthy.

Latest posts