Sorry Kirk and Vandenberg haters....

What I don't understand is that KF and Greg Davis both feel JVB is their guy, so I trust their take on who gives us the best chance to win.

Think about it this way, if you were really looking at just the numbers and bonehead plays, Stanzi would have been benched his junior year. He led the country in interceptions and pick sixes. KF stuck with him because he knew he gave his team the best chance to win. It's no different now other than the fact that this is a totally new offense. I don't care what anyone says...this is a completely different passing scheme, reads, and strategy. The receivers are also struggling a bit.

I will tell you, and most won't believe this comment...I actually thought the offense played better the second half and the play selection was solid. I like the design of some of the plays in the OT also. If Cotton doesn't slip that's a first down...the play to KD in the flat where the slot receiver ran off the corner was beautiful. I think the execution is really close. That was a very, very good defense guys...top 10 in the country IMO.

I still think the O is going to start clicking and JVB gets more comfortable. To me, the accuracy issues are because they changed his throwing motion...and he just hasn't brought the accuracy from practice to the games under pressure. It will come IMO.

I generally concur w/ this, but I can't get over JVB continually missing completely wide open receivers game after game, not to mention his mechanics starting to falter. I think GD's playcalling and design is light years ahead of KOK, but due to JVB, the execution is significantly lacking. If JVB was even slightly better, this offense could really be clicking and lighting teams up. I tried making excuses for half the season, but the same mistakes game after game are very hard to accept.

I didn't buy the execution arguments w/ KOK b/c I thought his play design put the offense in such a difficult position that he unintentionally inhibited execution. W/ GD spreading things around and putting together better route combos, JVB simply needs to execute a little better and the offense could really take off. There were 2 screen calls yesterday that would have been huge gainers...but Weisman couldn't get the ball from JVB. The losses certainly aren't on JVB, but he isn't making things easier, nor is he playing like the 5th year senior going on his 20th start.

Latest posts