Song that you can't stand...

“Lovely Day” drives me nuts. It is not a bad song necessarily, but it seems to be used in every third or fourth commercial and has been for way too long.

Once I hear it, it is stuck in my head for a half hour...until I hear it again!

I am ready to jump out a window just thinking about it right now.

I love some of those Mellencamp jams. Immediately puts me back at Pizza Hut in Dodge with a few quarters in my pocket for the arcade or at the skating rink.

I am with you on this. I used to like Mellencamp a lot and can still jam to his music. Jack and Diane is kind of cliche for him because it is his signature song and got overplayed, but he has plenty of other tunes that jam pretty good, like "Authority Song", "Rumbleseat", "Pink Houses", and "I Need a Lover". I saw him on the "Scarecrow" tour in the mid eighties and again a few years ago at the Jones County Fair.

As far as songs you can't stand, I will add "Welcome To the Jungle" by GNR. An overplayed song by an overhyped band.

There are other songs:

And, of course:

There you have it.....

Cheers

"Blinded by the Light", Manfred Mans's Earth Band is in the lowest class ALL BY ITSELF!!!!!!!!!!!
"Wrapped up like a douche, another odor in the night."
What kind of self-respecting human being would write lyrics like that?

"Blinded by the Light", Manfred Mans's Earth Band is in the lowest class ALL BY ITSELF!!!!!!!!!!!
"Wrapped up like a douche, another odor in the night."
What kind of self-respecting human being would write lyrics like that?

Um ... written by Bruce (as Northern said above) and adopted by Manfred Mann :)

Bruce originally wrote (for 1973 song) ...

[Chorus]
And she was blinded by the light
Oh, cut loose like a deuce another runner in the night
Blinded by the light
She got down but she never got tight, but she'll make it alright

and it was changed to (below by Manfred Mann in 1976 song)...

blinded-by-the-light-13

1)Losing My Religion. I love REM too but that song was played so much and it’s not even close to their best work.

2)Wanted Dead Or Alive. Just a really stupid fucking song.

3-50) Every Nickelback song

Oh this is easy! These are prob classic now show showing my age. Songs in no particular order.

1) Bohemian Rhapsody - This and every time I hear it reminds me of the stupid movie Wayne's World. Two birds with one stone.
2) Meatloaf - Paradise By The DashBoard Light. That song is 8.5 minutes of pure hell. Think about it, 8 minutes one is NEVER going to get back in their life.

and

3) Starbuck's Coffee. Bitter and Yuk!!

When do you send my my winning gift? Drop mic.

Last edited:
1)Losing My Religion. I love REM too but that song was played so much and it’s not even close to their best work.

2)Wanted Dead Or Alive. Just a really stupid fucking song.

3-50) Every Nickelback song

Missed on Wanted Dead Or Alive.

Lol. 3-50) Luv it!!

I am with you on this. I used to like Mellencamp a lot and can still jam to his music. Jack and Diane is kind of cliche for him because it is his signature song and got overplayed, but he has plenty of other tunes that jam pretty good, like "Authority Song", "Rumbleseat", "Pink Houses", and "I Need a Lover". I saw him on the "Scarecrow" tour in the mid eighties and again a few years ago at the Jones County Fair.

As far as songs you can't stand, I will add "Welcome To the Jungle" by GNR. An overplayed song by an overhyped band.

...............................In The Heartland!!

Oh this is easy! These are prob classic now show showing my age. Songs in no particular order.

1) Bohemian Rhapsody - This and every time I hear it reminds me of the stupid movie Wayne's World. Two birds with one stone.
2) Meatloaf - Paradise By The DashBoard Light. That song is 8.5 minutes of pure hell. Think about it, 8 minutes one is NEVER going to get back in their life.

and

3) Starbuck's Coffee. Bitter and Yuk!!

When do you send my my winning gift? Drop mic.
Dashboard would be high on my list. Sappy teenagers sure ate it up however. But perhaps that was part of the plan. That whole album captured the drama of being seventeen as well as any Springsteen epic. And it was still moving something like 10,000 units a week at the turn of the century, two decades after it came out.

High on the list for me would be Ants Marching by Dave Matthews Band. And now he frequently goes by simply DMB. There's a vowel missing there somewhere.

Dashboard would be high on my list. Sappy teenagers sure ate it up however. But perhaps that was part of the plan. That whole album captured the drama of being seventeen as well as any Springsteen epic. And it was still moving something like 10,000 units a week at the turn of the century, two decades after it came out.

High on the list for me would be Ants Marching by Dave Matthews Band. And now he frequently goes by simply DMB. There's a vowel missing there somewhere.

I happen to like Ants Marching, but agree that its something you either like or hate with very little in between. That said I think Melrose nailed it and I agree with his all things Kenny G philosophy.

I dunno. Maybe some insipid Air Supply? I guess I’ll admit I can only listen to about a minute of ‘Stairway to Heaven’. Doesn’t matter which minute. Like the song, but in small doses.

#1 is "Layla" by Derek and the Dominos. Not a bad melody in the beginning, but it's way too long. And the radio dj's always seem to play it in its entirety. They've cut off the endings of songs all the time, but not that one. If there ever was a song without an end, this is it.

Latest posts