Social Issue/Political Discussion Relating to Iowa Football

It's time to discuss the need for a 3-5 year suspension of Title IX. Schools would be able to make rational decisions about the safety of their football and basketball athletes if they weren't responsible to pay for 10-15 non-revenue sports that no one watches.

This is exactly why there won't be a massive economic V rebound. There are too many holes. A game gone here, a truckload of fuel not used here. Corn unsold in the elevator as games are canceled. and so forth.

If Govt expenditures are taken out of the equation, the economy shrank by nearly 60 percent and that with incredible unemployment and the PPP loans.
“if Iowa is such a racist program, then why are Wadley and his mother trying to get a family member to live in this nightmare?”

Yeah something isn’t added up, huh?

Like sharks I think some of these guys sense blood in the water. Instead of being red this blood is green.

$$$$$$$This place sucks!:D :)$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ “hut,hut :) hut hut“
:)$:)$$$$$$$$$$$$:):):):):)$$$$$$$$$$:)

I hear what you are saying, but abuse is a weird thing and sometimes you don't see things until you step back. Wadley is the tip. It isn't just him.

He was a great football player that should have played more.

This is pretty ridiculous, because they're going to be doing the same thing in a couple months when they cancel the rest of the season. All this is going to do is get everyone's hopes up.

EDIT: Nevermind. I just saw they said, "if" there's a season.

See if you can find the 3rd string QB?
105671235_10219536090407027_4782467366286575663_n.jpg
Mask or no mask it's Spock. No way he can fake and all any defensive player would have to do is ask him what play they're running. He can't lie.

Just read the press release. Only conference games. No football schedule was listed in the news story. To limit travel I expect 6 west division games, but not sure of which east opponents.

A lot still up in the air. Some are pushing for 10 conference games, others are pushing for a one non-conference game exemption.......so who the F knows.

AT LEAST WE DON'T HAVE TO WATCH THE HAWKEYES PLAY ISU THANK YOU BABY JESUS

Attention Iowa State assclowns reading this. I am going to switch my metric to something like "ISU hasn't beaten Iowa in 6 years" or whatever it is. ISU probably has the best team in its history this year. Purdy is the best QB to ever go through the program (and there have been some really good ones) and ISU was set up for an absolutely magical season. It ain't gonna happen. This is the best thing ever. My God, I think ISU would have beaten Iowa by 35 this year, but now we don't get to play. LOL and you now have cemented a 6 year winless streak against Iowa! I don't even care if we miss out on basketball and getting another year of Garza, the fact that Purdy will leave ISU without a win against Iowa tops the loss of a potential magical basketball season for Iowa.

They should cancel the whole season. Probably will come to that. The post-season match-ups....a lot of complaining will happen without a complete picture of a full season. With COVID....things are not in the cards right now.

If B1G goes to 10 games, Iowa would need another crossover. It already has OSU, PSU and MSU on the original schedule. So that leaves Michigan, Indiana, Maryland or Rutgers.

That means Iowa would be replacing short trips to Iowa City by ISU, UNI or NIU with a team coming from another time zone. I realize it's a conference-wide decision, and would keep Ohio St. from having to go to Oregon, Penn State going to Va Tech, Indiana going to UConn, Purdue going to Boston College, etc., but it doesn't benefit the Hawkeyes.

If B1G goes to 10 games, Iowa would need another crossover. It already has OSU, PSU and MSU on the original schedule. So that leaves Michigan, Indiana, Maryland or Rutgers.

That means Iowa would be replacing short trips to Iowa City by ISU, UNI or NIU with a team coming from another time zone. I realize it's a conference-wide decision, and would keep Ohio St. from having to go to Oregon, Penn State going to Va Tech, Indiana going to UConn, Purdue going to Boston College, etc., but it doesn't benefit the Hawkeyes.

Have you seen that kid at QB for ISU? You're delusional if you think this doesn't benefit the Hawkeyes. Give me Rutgers any day!

But there ain't gonna be a season.

Have you seen that kid at QB for ISU? You're delusional if you think this doesn't benefit the Hawkeyes. Give me Rutgers any day!

But there ain't gonna be a season.

Talking about for the reasons they're making conference-only, which is for safety and teams playing closer to home not from a competitive standpoint.

Latest posts