Social Issue/Political Discussion Relating to Iowa Football

I am not at all comfortable with what happened with Kallenberger and is very discouraging to me. These actions proved to me the "bullying" by the coaches. This was definitely over-the-line bullying in my eyes and a reason to be fired. What Kallenberger has is not a choice and I don't feel somebody should be bullied for something they can't help. That is sickening to me and I was very disappointed to hear that went on. The coaches acted like petulant teenagers.

That was definitely abuse in my eyes.
Let's then take it a step further and ask, if KF knew that happened and didn't do anything to prevent it, should he also be fired?

A dean of a college would have been removed if it was found out that he knew about one of his associate profs doing that and failing to act.

I know there's an investigation going on and I have no idea if KF knew about that incident, but if someone tells me KF never knew about any of the accused incidents (if true), I'm calling BS.

You've met him? How much time have you spent with the guy in person? I'll hang up and listen.

Lol, I’ve met him on multiple occasions. He’s remembered my name despite only meeting a handful of times and has always been very genuine. I can’t imagine a better ambassador for the program or for the state of Iowa. I’ll hang up and listen.

But if he allowed racist behavior to take place by Doyle, abusive behavior to take place by Wallace and Brian, and seedy shit to go on also via Brian, is that not something that should preclude removal?

Joe Paterno never raped any kids. But he kept a guy involved in his football program who he knew raped kids. He was fired for it.

KF may not be "racist" depending on the definition people use. That's semantics. But if he allowed and enabled Doyle to be, and if he allowed and enabled BF and Wallace to be abusive, he should be gone.

That's where I've been going with the PSU thing.

People just can't get it through their heads that KF could be at fault to some degree because he's such a gee golly aw shucks guy on TV.

I think you make a completely fair and valid argument and comparison. I can't remember the term which is stated when the NCAA comes down on a program. Pretty much for not keeping in control or compliance. Yes, as a head coach you really do take on the responsibility of what happens in the program and should be held accountable. There is a guilt with association there. You have a valid point. Did he enable?

Let's then take it a step further and ask, if KF knew that happened and didn't do anything to prevent it, should he also be fired?

A dean of a college would have been removed if it was found out that he knew about one of his associate profs doing that and failing to act.

I know there's an investigation going on and I have no idea if KF knew about that incident, but if someone tells me KF never knew about any of the accused incidents (if true), I'm calling BS.

James Daniels and Jordan Lomax already said they never brought up any incident directly with Kirk. Lomax helped lead a minority council in the Iowa Football program. That pretty much spells it out.

Here is the press release of this week's COVID-19 test results for the Iowa athletic department:

June 29, 2020

IOWA REPORTS POSITIVE COVID-19 TESTS

IOWA CITY, Iowa – The University of Iowa Athletics Department conducted 22 COVID-19 tests for the week of June 22-28, 2020. Five positive tests and 17 negative tests have been received. As part of the return to campus protocol, testing began May 29, 2020, and includes student-athletes, coaches and staff. A total of 17 positive tests and 391 negative tests have been received.

Following the positive test result, protocol established by UI Athletics and medical staff, including contact tracing procedures, is being followed to ensure the safety of all UI Athletics student-athletes and staff. This mandatory protocol also includes isolation for the individuals who test positive, and quarantine for those individuals who might have been exposed to someone with the virus.

Are you able to infer if these tests are affecting a certain sport at Iowa such as football or you may not be able to say?

Are you able to disclose which sport is quarantining players?

I can call Akrum a crybaby if I want, it sure sounds like he is one right now. That’s my opinion right? But you attacked instantly calling me out and have been trying to prove me wrong since.
So let's think about this...

You can call a guy who's gone through in five years more physically and mentally-demanding things than you will in your entire life a crybaby, but you get all butt hurt if I call you a tough guy...seems about right...

But that's my opinion right?

Are you able to infer if these tests are affecting a certain sport at Iowa such as football or you may not be able to say?

Are you able to disclose which sport is quarantining players?

I posted above what I know so far on numbers breakdown. I'll post more details if I can get them.

And, yes, some football players have been quarantined.

I just remembered that Wadleys younger brother was a recruit at one time. I think Akrum was openly/publicly trying to get Iowa to offer him a scholarship so that kinda adds a layer to things. However it doesn't necessarily mean what many may think as far as it being a direct contradiction.

Stay with me here recruiting is such a game in and of itself. It's not just the coaches that play it. If you haven't received any D1 offers you want to get one which will start the dominos of getting more. So MAYBE Akrum was trying to get Iowa to offer just so hopefully others would take a longer look at him and offer him too so he could go to a D1 program just not Iowa. Now preface this with I know that could be total horse crap too I dunno. But it's a possible scenario.

Lol, like most things, you got that about 25% right. I've never said HN was too far left or used the word "social justice warriors." I would actually agree with the owners of the site considering they took down the DJK story. I did create the threat because I think it was a valid question. There's a reason nobody else decided to run the DJK story other than Rob, which he even said he didn't believe...
You cry about KF who's been here 21 years. You question his ethics. Hate to break it to you, but if you think Iowa will have a more ethical coach than KF then college sports aren't for you. Find something else to complain about because you're never going to happy.

Other coaches? How do you know that?

James Daniels and Jordan Lomax already said they never brought up any incident directly with Kirk. Lomax helped lead a minority council in the Iowa Football program. That pretty much spells it out.
What about the players who went into detailed accounts with their interactions with KF in his office? We're discounting those because they don't fit your narrative?

Can't wait for the excuse as to why you believe some players but not others (kinda coincidental that all the players you believe are the ones painting a rosy picture, no?)

Let me know if you wan't me to link to those statements. I'm not going through the trouble unless you want me to.

I'm sure KF knew and witnessed this crap going on. How couldn't he? He knows of everything in his program. I think he would be guilty of not correcting that.

Let's be honest, though. If these allegations and if proven would have come out in KF's first few years, he may be gone. But, in life, people get cred like long term coaches where the leash gets a bit longer. You can argue if that is right or wrong, but it's just the way it is. That's just life. He'll get a chance to correct it. If it doesn't get corrected, yes, should be let go.

Lol, I’ve met him on multiple occasions. He’s remembered my name despite only meeting a handful of times and has always been very genuine. I can’t imagine a better ambassador for the program or for the state of Iowa. I’ll hang up and listen.
Ok. So you've stood in the handshake line at an I-Club event a couple times when he's putting on the pony show and you got a good gauge of his ethics because he remembered your name and was nice to you...

Got it.

Of the times you met him when were the ones where it was in private and not glad-handing to raise money for football?

What about the players who went into detailed accounts with their interactions with KF in his office? We're discounting those because they don't fit your narrative?

Can't wait for the excuse as to why you believe some players but not others (kinda coincidental that all the players you believe are the ones painting a rosy picture, no?)

Let me know if you wan't me to link to those statements. I'm not going through the trouble unless you want me to.

How am I ignoring those who don’t paint a rosy picture? James Daniels is the person who set this whole thing off lol.
Yes, please link the statements.

Ok. So you've stood in the handshake line at an I-Club event a couple times when he's putting on the pony show and you got a good gauge of his ethics because he remembered your name and was nice to you...

Got it.

Of the times you met him when were the ones where it was in private and not glad-handing to raise money for football?

I’ve met him multiple times, at least two occasions we were 1:1 and he sent my grandpa a handwritten letter when he was in the hospital. Neither of us are huge donors in case you’d use that as an excuse.

I posted above what I know so far on numbers breakdown. I'll post more details if I can get them.

And, yes, some football players have been quarantined.

It is going to be interesting if a football season is played. Some teams may develop herd immunity while there are others who may not. If indeed, antibodies are created and the players can't get this strain of COVID again, those teams could really have an advantage over the season if a breakout happens in other teams during a season.

COVID could really throw a wrench into things. What if teams can't play certain teams on their schedule because said team(s) have it rampant in their programs? This could affect rankings which could affect playoff berths. Maybe they should have an abbreviated season than have an expanded playoff bracket where like all upper half of teams in each conference get in. Who knows. Could be interesting.

So let's think about this...

You can call a guy who's gone through in five years more physically and mentally-demanding things than you will in your entire life a crybaby, but you get all butt hurt if I call you a tough guy...seems about right...

But that's my opinion right?

So you sit here and ask people if they know KF or BF personally because they defend them but you defend Akrum(who you’ve probably never met) over me saying something negative about him and then say his life in 5 years at Iowa playing Football that he signed up for and had a free ride is harder than my whole entire life, in which you know absolutely nothing about, will ever be?? That’s the route you take? See what I’m saying man? You don’t know how hard my life has been or what I’ve overcome to be the man I am today. I certainly didn’t go on Twitter and throw a bunch of people under the bus that may have been a little hard on me along the way. You try to belittle people here on this board when they disagree with you. We all have opinions and that’s fine if you want to be that way bud, I just know you’d be the guy at the party that I’d avoid.

I just remembered that Wadleys younger brother was a recruit at one time. I think Akrum was openly/publicly trying to get Iowa to offer him a scholarship so that kinda adds a layer to things. However it doesn't necessarily mean what many may think as far as it being a direct contradiction.

Stay with me here recruiting is such a game in and of itself. It's not just the coaches that play it. If you haven't received any D1 offers you want to get one which will start the dominos of getting more. So MAYBE Akrum was trying to get Iowa to offer just so hopefully others would take a longer look at him and offer him too so he could go to a D1 program just not Iowa. Now preface this with I know that could be total horse crap too I dunno. But it's a possible scenario.

You may have a point but you clearly have no knowledge of how abuse works.

You may have a point but you clearly have no knowledge of how abuse works.
First of all based on what? 2nd of all did I ever claim I did? I said MAYBE and that my total guess of a take could very well be horse crap. So I guess I don't understand what that shot at me is all about.

All I know is every kid wants to get that 1st offer at some point during their JR yr of HS. That is what starts the dominos. Hell back when Bielema was at Wisconsin he pretty much just offered every kid Iowa did after we did. That was how he scouted it seemed like. But a lot of schools piggy back off of others I think. It's a way for them to be lazy. So that scenario I dreamed up coming from an older brother who'd been through all that already has some logic to it. But doesn't mean he did it or that he'd even thought of it.

Latest posts