Social Issue/Political Discussion Relating to Iowa Football

Bullshit gold.

Just letting you know that there is plenty of info out there that implicates Doyle without you denying the facts.

Huh? I think one of us is really tired. BG was changing the meaning. I have no doubt about Doyle. I think we are on the same page unless you are pro Doyle. I've been carping on Doyle since Rhabdo.

I don't remember him, but I thought the video was worthwhile. His take on Adrian Clayborn was very insightful. He's a guy I think many thought we'd have heard from by now, but I do recall him being a less vocal guy so he might not want to bring it up again. AC is highly regarded by Iowa and it's fans and he may not want to tarnish that. It's sad he has to worry about it in the first place. I think he's a guy most would give a fair shake and take seriously.

I don't remember him, but I thought the video was worthwhile. His take on Adrian Clayborn was very insightful. He's a guy I think many thought we'd have heard from by now, but I do recall him being a less vocal guy so he might not want to bring it up again. AC is highly regarded by Iowa and it's fans and he may need not want to tarnish that. It's sad he has to worry about it in the first place. I think he's a guy most would give a fair shake and take seriously.

I thought LeBron did a good job of talking about Chris Doyle helping him and then also sharing a racist comment made towards him. Both things can be true just like it can be with other coaches.

I don't remember him, but I thought the video was worthwhile. His take on Adrian Clayborn was very insightful. He's a guy I think many thought we'd have heard from by now, but I do recall him being a less vocal guy so he might not want to bring it up again. AC is highly regarded by Iowa and it's fans and he may not want to tarnish that. It's sad he has to worry about it in the first place. I think he's a guy most would give a fair shake and take seriously.
He was part of the "Cleveland Connection" that came in possibly the year that the Notre Dame job was open and Kirk and the staff focused heavily on the Midwest states.

That connection consisted of Daniel (not to be confused with Mike Daniels) DJK, Cedrick Everson and Abe Satterfield, and Rick Stanzi.

It may well explain why we never recruited a second Cleveland Connection, despite a couple of them being solid citizens.

LeBron was the fourth member of a defensive line who's more famous members were Clayborn, Broderick Binns and Christian Ballard. Mike Daniels backed up Binns and Daniel.

I thought LeBron did a good job of talking about Chris Doyle helping him and then also sharing a racist comment made towards him. Both things can be true just like it can be with other coaches.

Sorry, but that "priors" joke was funny. IMO it's yet another example of something that isn't racist unless you frame it as such - especially because "Pryor" was the last name of one of the players he was speaking to. I can see it being taken the wrong way from their POV though.

Sorry, but that "priors" joke was funny. IMO it's yet another example of something that isn't racist unless you frame it as such - especially because "Pryor" was the last name of one of the players he was speaking to. I can see it being taken the wrong way from their POV though.

I didn't find it funny because of how Daniels said it made him feel. And the other player was Brad Davis when Doyle said it. It wasn't Pryor.

I didn't find it funny because of how Daniels said it made him feel. And the other player was Brad Davis when Doyle said it. It wasn't Pryor.

I listened again. I misheard it the first time. I thought I heard Lebron mention Terrance Pryor. He did, but in an unrelated part of the video. It's not so funny now knowing this.

Something that digs at me. It seems an asst that was a jerk to all players including white equally was bad news and gone. Jerk to blacks....tolerable at least if you are CD or BF.

If that is correct...huge deal.

That anyone can come in and be a jerk is a red check.

Some of these stories might begin to explain the treatment of more talented players.

What did CJ and family have over KF to get him to out CJ over to number one after the crisis. Was it the NFL brotherhood? Is it the NFL brotherhood that gives KF clout?

Most fans bought into star players not being played. Most recently Fant and Eppy.

We could all see Wadley s talent.

What this situation does for Iowa fans is it upsets out vision of the race world we knew wasn't accurate but wanted to believe it was.

I see no way KF can stay...or Barta. Even higher.

Can you imagine, the Clones are going to be riding this wave of discord. They have to be loving every minute of this pussified conversation.

Hearing it from Adrian Clayborn puts the nail in Kirk’s coffin for me. Don’t know why he hasn’t tendered his resignation already. He is responsible for all his coaches and staff and enforcing a Zero-tolerance policy on racist behavior. Now is the time for him to step down and bring in a Temp. Coach for the season. Stoops, Parker, Long, Bell.... I listened to the interview from Johnson and could hear where this is going. He’s got his disgruntled group signed up and was relentless with his portrayal of Kirk as the problem. He’s gonna slow release damaging stories he has “recorded” (or written) from the players he is “representing” (ever though he says he doesn’t speak for or can relate their demands to the media). Meanwhile he runs some sort of recruiting firm for recruits and will be advising players not to sign with Iowa, has this already reared it’s head with Parks to Utah? This will be around for as long as Kirk is and no independent report is gonna make it go away. I just read a ESPN story about player discontent in college football and Iowa’s story was down to third on the list. Iowa might be the first story but may be soon buried by bigger and badder stories being covered up around the country. Only the removal of Kirk will be good enough for the critics. I hope for him it’s voluntary.

Can you imagine, the Clones are going to be riding this wave of discord. They have to be loving every minute of this pussified conversation.

I bet you think players who come out of games for concussions are soft don’t you?

Go to Lincoln, you’ll fit in with those mouth breathing kool aid drinkers.

I've been an outspoken critic of Brian Ferentz's meteoric rise through the coaching ranks for a decade, but it's time for him to go.

He started his career by asking his dad to make some calls to get him a coaching gig. Kirk went to the top and called in a favor to Bill Belichick. Belichick obliges and handed the millionaire in his early 20s the fake title of "offensive coaching assistant." The epitome of nepotism and privilege, Brian only had to hold the job for 3 years before Kirk used his good will in Iowa City to entrench Brian and his son in law at Iowa with lifetime contracts.

At Iowa, Brian struggled as an OL coach, with the line experiencing a huge drop off when Reece Morgan was "re-assigned." Regardless of performance, and despite not having called a single offensive play, Brian was then handed offensive coordinator duties and a paycheck of $800,000 + bonuses. Kirk knew his son wasn't qualified, so he brought in two actual offensive coordinators in Ken O'Keefe & Tim Polasek as training wheels.

Brian's offenses have ranked near the bottom of the Big 10 each year he's been at Iowa, yet year after year he receives a pass from the media and a raise from his dad (for example, Iowa ranked #10 in the Big 10 in total offense in 2017, 2018 and 2019, yet every Hawkeye podcast out there from OnIowa to Hawkeyenation endorsed him as worthy of taking over the Iowa program and slobbered all over his potential NFL job prospects).

Aside from his underwhelming skill set, Brian has had a series of temper related PR blunders by throwing temper tantrums that Kirk has successfully swept under the rug by simply stating "it's been handled internally." Has anyone pushed Kirk on this? Of course not.

After two decades, we have finally seen a glimpse inside Fort Kinnick, with dozens of players coming out and talking about their experience at Iowa. Almost unanimously, they have spoken of the unconscionable bullying they received at the hands of Brian. The guy has a God complex, a weak grasp on play calling, and an inability to recruit.

Like him or not, Brian is a stain on the program and the longer he sticks around, the longer the rest of the country will successfully use him to negatively recruit.

I've been an outspoken critic of Brian Ferentz's meteoric rise through the coaching ranks for a decade, but it's time for him to go.

He started his career by asking his dad to make some calls to get him a coaching gig. Kirk went to the top and called in a favor to Bill Belichick. Belichick obliges and handed the millionaire in his early 20s the fake title of "offensive coaching assistant." The epitome of nepotism and privilege, Brian only had to hold the job for 3 years before Kirk used his good will in Iowa City to entrench Brian and his son in law at Iowa with lifetime contracts.

At Iowa, Brian struggled as an OL coach, with the line experiencing a huge drop off when Reece Morgan was "re-assigned." Regardless of performance, and despite not having called a single offensive play, Brian was then handed offensive coordinator duties and a paycheck of $800,000 + bonuses. Kirk knew his son wasn't qualified, so he brought in two actual offensive coordinators in Ken O'Keefe & Tim Polasek as training wheels.

Brian's offenses have ranked near the bottom of the Big 10 each year he's been at Iowa, yet year after year he receives a pass from the media and a raise from his dad (for example, Iowa ranked #10 in the Big 10 in total offense in 2017, 2018 and 2019, yet every Hawkeye podcast out there from OnIowa to Hawkeyenation endorsed him as worthy of taking over the Iowa program and slobbered all over his potential NFL job prospects).

Aside from his underwhelming skill set, Brian has had a series of temper related PR blunders by throwing temper tantrums that Kirk has successfully swept under the rug by simply stating "it's been handled internally." Has anyone pushed Kirk on this? Of course not.

After two decades, we have finally seen a glimpse inside Fort Kinnick, with dozens of players coming out and talking about their experience at Iowa. Almost unanimously, they have spoken of the unconscionable bullying they received at the hands of Brian. The guy has a God complex, a weak grasp on play calling, and an inability to recruit.

Like him or not, Brian is a stain on the program and the longer he sticks around, the longer the rest of the country will successfully use him to negatively recruit.

The o-lines while Brian was o-line coach were fine. The problem that I saw was that right when he got his promotion to coordinator, the line fell off a damned cliff, which probably means that he wasn't refilling the pipeline adequately when that was his unit. I don't think he's a bad coordinator and looks like shit because the line looks like shit, but he doesn't exactly have clean hands as to why the line looks like shit.

So Wadley woke up with a wild hair up his ass the other day to do the media rounds and talk. Till he got blowback on twitter over all the obvious questions he'd been avoiding. So now he's not. Is he still paying that Green character to "represent" him or not? Like I don't understand what he's getting paid to do exactly. If he's only going to have the one radio interview (that went about as well as Trump attending a black church service) that contradicted most of what he himself had tweeted out there then I can't think of a bigger waste of $ then that. Green wouldn't answer if he was representing Wadley and others to attempt to sue the school. It sounded more like a no that he wasn't but man I don't understand him. Dude talked for almost an hour and made little sense. He was lookin for an argument not a conversation. I take that back he was looking for time to bloviate uninterrupted to advertise for himself. (He brought up multiple times about having 100 more followers on twitter not sure the relevance to that) When the hosts wanted to ask questions he got defensive and talked in circles. He wouldn't answer the simplest of questions.

Last edited:

Latest posts