Social Issue/Political Discussion Relating to Iowa Football

No you were complaining about a less than ideal education world for your kid with an edge of superiority. My response was that we all make the best of what we have to work with and his less than ideal world educationally began with not having both parents in the home which can be backed up statistically. Starting school so kids have school likely isn't a great idea.

You are the champion baiter btw.

No champion isn't enough! He is the MASTER baiter!

I'm sorry I couldn't resist... I'm a child

I can't believe I'm wading into this, but you are applying a population statistic to an individual person, which is not a good idea.

No I was turning the table and seizing the opportunity....paraphrased Fry words.

I agree with everything you said accept for the choosing of which part of a story should and should not be published. That's where my contention is... If there's more to the story to be published then it needs to be a part of it... if available. Cherry picking headlines and stories pushes an angle that may or may not be true. It's that simple. You mentioned on the podcast about the various layers there are to AK's story (and I agree there are), but discrediting someone works on both sides of the aisle. AK made it available...

In my line of work, you better have it right or you can potentially face civil litigation. Like it or not, that's the world we live in... many people are looking for ways to line their pockets. I'm all for dealing with abusers and protecting those that are abused... Unfortunately, perception seems to have more weight then actual facts in this day and age. Nobody wants to wait for the full story...

That’s not how journalism works today. There’s always an agenda, facts are left out and it’s generally an opinion piece. The days of just reporting the news fair and balanced are long gone.

Making kids play football for free in places like Minneapolis and Madison in February is just flat out cruel. Even March is bad. Even if the temperature is the same, there's just something different about the late November crispness than the spring deep freeze that makes spring ball in the upper Midwest sound like a bad idea. It would be great in the South and places like Texas and Arizona, though.
They are not playing for free, they are on a full ride scholarship including tuition, room and board, books, and study table, etc... Much more than the average student who pays to go to school.

That’s not how journalism works today. There’s always an agenda, facts are left out and it’s generally an opinion piece. The days of just reporting the news fair and balanced are long gone.

Actually investigative journalism died due to advertiser pressure

I would refer you to what the black players are saying. They seem to think that derogatory comments made by Doyle based upon race were racist. I would like to believe that Doyle wasn't saying racist things, but when 20-30 or more black players say this, I think we should pay attention. A comment about "sending....back to the ghetto" seems pretty racist.

Personally, as a white guy, I don't know that I'm the best person to define racism towards black football players (especially when I wasn't there). I do tend to believe the players, though. I understand that some of you absolutely don't believe the players. I find that troubling.

Doyle never said that though, that’s a fact. I can’t recall who said it, but they admitted as much. I’m not defending Doyle at all, just clearing up the misconception that it was ever said.

Doyle never said that though, that’s a fact. I can’t recall who said it, but they admitted as much. I’m not defending Doyle at all, just clearing up the misconception that it was ever said.

Pls provide the quote where the player recanted. You know, the one you cant recall. Pls inform inform us of this fact.

RTG bold face lies about contacting a recruit (which is conveniently left out of Howe’s article) seems like something the reader the should know about...

You are also misquoting (changing the meaning) of what was said. Nice.

You are also misquoting (changing the meaning) of what was said. Nice.

That's when he said, 'F--- you, I'll send your ass back to Glenville.' He was insinuating that he'd send me back to where he would always joke about -- the hood, the ghetto.

Lol, what part of the quote is in quotations? This can’t be any more clear because he even went on to say he was insinuating. I’m not going to argue this.

'F--- you, I'll send your ass back to Glenville.'

That's when he said, 'F--- you, I'll send your ass back to Glenville.' He was insinuating that he'd send me back to where he would always joke about -- the hood, the ghetto.

Lol, what part of the quote is in quotations? This can’t be any more clear because he even went on to say he was insinuating. I’m not going to argue this.

'F--- you, I'll send your ass back to Glenville.'

So where are you going with this?

RTG bold face lies about contacting a recruit (which is conveniently left out of Howe’s article) seems like something the reader the should know about...

The point of the column is to ask people not to focus on Green but the players’ stories. Did the players tell him to contact a recruit?

The point of the column is to ask people not to focus on Green but the players’ stories. Did the players tell him to contact a recruit?

It’s pretty hard to ignore Green when he’s the spokesperson for the players and their stories.

There’s also some belief that the stories are altered and/or edited, so while he denied doing so, he also denied contacting a recruit which we know to be a lie.

Lol, no please change his direct quote to whatever you want it to mean. I have no idea why you decided to jump in, I didn’t comment to you, but you sure look like a fool.

Coming from you? Ha.

Where are you going with this?

It’s pretty hard to ignore Green when he’s the spokesperson for the players and their stories.

There’s also some belief that the stories are altered and/or edited, so while he denied doing so, he also denied contacting a recruit which we know to be a lie.

He addressed the stories being altered. He said the players send him the stories and he shares them, which I addressed in the column.

Pay attention to Green if that’s what you want to do. You’re not alone.

I’ll pay attention to what more than 60 players are saying and hope the investigation talks to all of them.

Also in the column, I let the reader know that UI knew of complaints very similar to the ones we’d heard in the last month at the beginning of ‘19 when it received a detailed report from a task force. James Daniels met with Barta during the spring of ‘19 and told him of the issues. Barta is saying they didn’t do enough fast enough. They better have done something tangible. If they did little to nothing in the last year plus and players were still being mistreated, they got big problems.

Latest posts