So let's look at McCaffrey' recruiting

Classic. I figured you’d get defensive. It takes a bigger man to admit when they are wrong and move on. Amazing I’ve never seen you post on here until Iowa started doing awful. Funny how that goes.
Yet you won’t admit when you are wrong about what’s considered talent . Nice double standard.

Yet you won’t admit when you are wrong about what’s considered talent . Nice double standard.
I think Nunge has a lot of basketball talent. He’s 6’11, has a good shooting stroke, runs really well for a guy that size (it doesn’t show when he’s guarding wings like yesterday), has good hands and can handle the ball. In terms of potential he has a lot of it. Now he isn’t a guy that’s going to come in and contribute a ton as a freshman but I think in a year or two he will be really good. Not everyone is ready as a freshman (see Marble, Jok). If it doesn’t materialize I will gladly admit I was wrong.

Garza I’m not as high on as others but I do think offensively he’s pretty solid.

I don’t see why you are calling these guys busts as freshman.

Oh I almost forgot. Cook was Iowa’s starting 5 man for the second half of last year when we were playing like a tournament team.

"Cook is undersized" cracks me up.
You are so right and people like you wonder why we are 0-5. ESPN lists him at 6-9 255 . Some sites list him at 6-8 . I’m thinking he isn’t a legit 6-9 and Pemsl is mostly listed at 6-7 but ESPN lists him at 6-8 . What do I know . Being 0-5 must not be a true representation of this team or when we suck next year too or the year after that

I think Nunge has a lot of basketball talent. He’s 6’11, has a good shooting stroke, runs really well for a guy that size (it doesn’t show when he’s guarding wings like yesterday), has good hands and can handle the ball. In terms of potential he has a lot of it. Now he isn’t a guy that’s going to come in and contribute a ton as a freshman but I think in a year or two he will be really good. Not everyone is ready as a freshman (see Marble, Jok). If it doesn’t materialize I will gladly admit I was wrong.

Garza I’m not as high on as others but I do think offensively he’s pretty solid.

I don’t see why you are calling these guys busts as freshman.
Michigan st is mostly freshman and sophomores . The freshman aren’t going to grow two new feet by the time they are a senior . When you have no athleticism you can’t score on athletic defenders and that never changes . Is this a new concept?

FM took a gamble by taking Nunge and Garza last year and no guard. It will pay dividends, and Luka will be on All Frosh B1G.
Not having an athletic point and combo is killing this team.
We can’t stay in front of anybody.

When Fran coached at Siena, I thought, man what I would give to have players that could slash, defend, shoot it, pressure you and transition. Very fun to watch.

So what has changed with his recruiting in 8 years? Assistants? The athletic academic expectations/standards at UI?
I know the latter makes things more challenging for coaches at Iowa, and am ok with that.

Really pulling for Fran to turn this around quick, as he is a high quality guy, and despite being a mad Irishman - highly likeable and funny as hell. Go Hawks!

IDK too many signs the players tune out his mad ass attitude and don't respond to him.

Classic. I figured you’d get defensive. It takes a bigger man to admit when they are wrong and move on. Amazing I’ve never seen you post on here until Iowa started doing awful. Funny how that goes.
I will have to remember that when iowa basketball isn’t so shitty and there is nothing to talk about I can then still have a platform just to talk to hear myself talk.

It's a C grade at best to take the program from worst it's ever been back to its average? Keeping average at average deserves a C. Going from worst ever to average deserves better because it's harder to do.

Do you not understand that this is what Iowa is on average?

At least you're saying Fran has had average or mediocre results here instead of those who say he's been good.

At least you're saying Fran has had average or mediocre results here instead of those who say he's been good.

He took a program that was bottomed out - flat out one of the worst P5 programs in the country and made average to mediocre. You can't do that without having better then C recruiting... it's not that difficult to comprehend even for you 56...but I will say, earlier I gave it a B...and would be closer to a C+ now after reading some of the comments. I also think you're going to see players leave this year. Multiple. BE is one, not sure who the other. My question now is, what are we doing in preparation? Who is out there that we are looking at Juco or HS for immediate PG help?

Last edited:
You are so right and people like you wonder why we are 0-5. ESPN lists him at 6-9 255 . Some sites list him at 6-8 . I’m thinking he isn’t a legit 6-9 and Pemsl is mostly listed at 6-7 but ESPN lists him at 6-8 . What do I know . Being 0-5 must not be a true representation of this team or when we suck next year too or the year after that

So do people only exaggerate Iowa players? 6'9" Iowa guys are only 6'8" but 7' opponents are really 7'?

He took a program that was bottomed out - flat out one of the worst P5 programs in the country and made average to mediocre. You can't do that without having better then C recruiting... it's not that difficult to comprehend even for you 56...but I will say, earlier I gave it a B...and would be closer to a C+ now after reading some of the comments. I also think you're going to see players leave this year. Multiple. BE is one, not sure who the other. My question now is, what are we doing in preparation? Who is out there that we are looking at Juco or HS for immediate PG help?

Average as in average for Iowa's history right?

We are 0-5 in the B1G because Tyler Cook is only 6’9? Or because he isn’t good?

Tyler Cook’s B1G Stats this year:
17.6 PPG / 7.0 RPG / 52% FG

You’re on fire man. Keep it up.

Right, if you plucked the last 5 seasons record wise, including this one, took away the year they happened, they would fit right in with the history of this program.

So in order to get a C, the program would have to have been average when he took it over. How is that hard? I can see arguing C+ maybe. But twins said C at best.

Latest posts