So let's look at McCaffrey' recruiting

I think he is going to be fired next year. I don't see them improving enough to make the tournament. They would have to improve by leaps and bounds. This is a down year in the Big 10 and they haven't won a game yet.
If they do fire him next year, it would be the year to do it because of his contract situation.They need to avoid a lame duck scenario. Preferably before the season is over before kids start committing to other schools and to give the next coach enough time in the recruiting period if we land a coach in March

Lol......you're too stupid to recognize the different situations between what Davis walked into and what Fran walked into. Best keep that secret to yourself. You don't want to look any dumber in this.

I just don't get how you think inheriting a good team affects your first year, but inheriting a bad one doesn't.

I just don't get how you think inheriting a good team affects your first year, but inheriting a bad one doesn't.
I never said that. On the contrary. I went to great lengths to point out the difference. What I provided was 2 programs: Iowa and Mizzou, that were coming off of similar disasters from the previous HC. With similar 3 year records prior to the new HC's taking over (Fran and Cuonzo). I then pointed out the difference in first year recruiting and the difference in their first year records.
Someone else brought Tom Davis into the discussion and I quickly pointed out the difference between what Tom inherited and what Fran/Cuonzo inherited and how they were NOT similar.

I never said that. On the contrary. I went to great lengths to point out the difference. What I provided was 2 programs: Iowa and Mizzou, that were coming off of similar disasters from the previous HC. With similar 3 year records prior to the new HC's taking over (Fran and Cuonzo). I then pointed out the difference in first year recruiting and the difference in their first year records.
Someone else brought Tom Davis into the discussion and I quickly pointed out the difference between what Tom inherited and what Fran/Cuonzo inherited and how they were NOT similar.

It's not about them being similar. They are polar opposites. One guy had better than his average results due to inheriting a really good team. The other had worse than his average results due to inheriting a really bad team. You want to recognize one and not the other. That makes no sense to me. Do you really not get what I'm saying? Are you really so lost in this conversation that you think I don't know Davis had a really talented team his first year?

It's not about them being similar. They are polar opposites. One guy had better than his average results due to inheriting a really good team. The other had worse than his average results due to inheriting a really bad team. You want to recognize one and not the other. That makes no sense to me. Do you really not get what I'm saying? Are you really so lost in this conversation that you think I don't know Davis had a really talented team his first year?
I'm talking about the Iowa/Mizzou situations being similar. Read much? Or are you just trolling me out of boredom?

I'm talking about the Iowa/Mizzou situations being similar. Read much? Or are you just trolling me out of boredom?

Yes and then I wanted to know if you factor in that a coach starts out with a really good team when grading his job. I figured you wouldn't think it mattered that Davis had a really good team to start out since you don't think it mattered that Fran had a really bad team. I think both mattered so logic says you would think neither mattered. I guess not.

Yes and then I wanted to know if you factor in that a coach starts out with a really good team when grading his job. I figured you wouldn't think it mattered that Davis had a really good team to start out since you don't think it mattered that Fran had a really bad team. I think both mattered so logic says you would think neither mattered. I guess not.
Go back and read what I already posted. Already explained my position.

If this was year 3 you would have a point. The reality is that this season is 100% On Fran. There is not an ounce of Lick left in the program.

If this was year 3 you would have a point. The reality is that this season is 100% On Fran. There is not an ounce of Lick left in the program.

Well, maybe a little. :)

Penn_St_Iowa_Basketball_9.jpg

tsu-10-licklighter-b.jpg

I agree completely. We were talking about the first couple years tho. Lightning thinks the first 2 years are 100% on Fran, but at the same time doesn't give Davis credit for his first 2 years. It's weird.

Latest posts