So is it fair to say that Fran's next incident will be his last as Iowa's coach?

SpiderRico

Buyout notwithstanding, the University can't keep enabling Fran, can it? I would have to think that a 3rd strike would result in his dismissal....

Too bad there isn't something in his contract that would allow him to be fired with cause due to these incidents. At least I'm assuming there isn't.

Too bad there isn't something in his contract that would allow him to be fired with cause due to these incidents. At least I'm assuming there isn't.
The contracts are public info. Here's his from 2012; I'm too lazy to look fior the latest but I assume that it's structured identically.

Sounds like moral turpitude or the U deciding that what he did makes him unfit to coach are the only two things he'd fall under for something like this. He's been suspended twice so they could probably count this as "repetitive."

The termination for cause portion is below:

Fran.jpg

Let’s see...

Connor is 3 years.

Patrick ups it to 4 or 5.

How old is the youngest? 6th grade? So that’s 10 or 11 years.

So it’s at least 11 years. And at the current pace and upgrade in recruits of late he goes out as Iowa’s winningest coach. Let me be the 1st to congratulate Fran.

Let’s see...

Connor is 3 years.

So it’s at least 11 years. And at the current pace and upgrade in recruits of late he goes out as Iowa’s winningest coach. Let me be the 1st to congratulate Fran.
And Conner is helping them how?......Technicals, turn-overs?

3 NCAA Tourneys in 9 years, yeah that is a tremendous coach there.

Getting to the second round 2 out of the 3 which is more than the last two coaches can say.

Also has the best record an Iowa team has ever had through 28 games in a season.

Let’s see...

Connor is 3 years.

My one twin boy score an "an 1" on his youngest boy Jack during a 3rd grade youth game once. Fran was actually at that game. I thought he was going to explode on my boy.

fran-mccaffery-mad.jpg

Latest posts