So is it fair to say that Fran's next incident will be his last as Iowa's coach?

My one twin boy score an "an 1" on his youngest boy Jack during a 3rd grade youth game once. Fran was actually at that game. I thought he was going to explode on my boy.

fran-mccaffery-mad.jpg
lol...See. He can control his temper when he chooses. Did he make the FT? That’s the real test.

Give me a break. A basketball coach sees his players get jobbed and he tells the offending person he is terrible at his job. Oh no! I watch Izzo 5ft out on the court whining and bitching the whole game. I actually like Fran more now. It is hard to watch men’s basketball anymore. If men’s basketball were officiated like Women’s we could return to the beautiful game it is. I bet if Fran could actually talk about it he would say exactly the same. Many of the Refs today are ruining the game he loves and he actually has the balls to say it.This should be celebrated and propped up as the U takes a stance on protecting its players and the game. Last I knew we All still had freedom of speech.

Give me a break. A basketball coach sees his players get jobbed and he tells the offending person he is terrible at his job. Oh no! I watch Izzo 5ft out on the court whining and bitching the whole game. I actually like Fran more now. It is hard to watch men’s basketball anymore. If men’s basketball were officiated like Women’s we could return to the beautiful game it is. I bet if Fran could actually talk about it he would say exactly the same. Many of the Refs today are ruining the game he loves and he actually has the balls to say it.This should be celebrated and propped up as the U takes a stance on protecting its players and the game. Last I knew we All still had freedom of speech.
Wow, I would really like to have some of what you are smoking. Rainbows and lollipops. "Coach did nothing wrong" Grown ass men should run after other adults officiating a GAME and call them every vile name they can think of, that is why Frannie gets paid $2 million and is a role model for all of our state's youth.

Sandusky just loved kids and Paterno just didn't know how much. Bobby Knight should have grabbed that kid and shook him up, that is what made Bobby a winner. And don't forget ole' Woody Hayes tackling that opposing player......he was just passionate. All of these coaches, Fran included, are pathetic along with the enablers that support them, and are what is wrong with college sports.

Last edited:
Fran is a middle of the road coach with limited recruiting skills and average in-game prowess. He has a quick temper, really doesn’t have the tact or the moxie to effectively “work” officials ala Tom Izzo or Coach K, and has a prima donna for a son. He will never win a conference championship, either through the regular season or the B1G tournament.

Iowa deserves better.

This is state of things:

Refer to African-American male as King Kong in the post in an attempt to compliment him. = indefinite/rest of season suspension.

Refer to African-American male as motherfucker, cheater, and a disgrace. = 2 game suspension.

But they are both good men.

Wow, I would really like to have some of what you are smoking. Rainbows and lollipops. "Coach did nothing wrong" Grown ass men should run after other adults officiating a GAME and call them every vile name they can think of, that is why Frannie gets paid $2 million and is a role model for all of our state's youth.

Sandusky just loved kids and Paterno just didn't know how much. Bobby Knight should have grabbed that kid and shook him up, that is what made Bobby a winner. And don't forget ole' Woody Hayes tackling that opposing player......he was just passionate. All of these coaches, Fran included, are pathetic along with the enablers that support them, and are what is wrong with college sports.

Come on. Joe was a good man

Paterno did know how much, he chose to look the other way and do nothing.

Frannie HAS to have some sort of record with Technicals, considering:

He and his kid got T'd-up during the same game, and,
He and his wife were both ejected in 2006 in a game @ Hofstra.

The family that curses together stays together I guess?

Enable Fran to do what exactly? Shower with young boys?WTF are u talking about? Fran isn’t what is wrong with college sports...he doesn’t cheat or abuse his players ... that we know of. As a matter of fact I’ve only heard former players say good things. As far as making 2 million, that’s the market I guess. I’ll bet u dislike KF for his stoic appearance and yet hate Fran for his firey temper. 21-7 if your gonna fire a coach after that then Iowa will be Northwestern or Rutgers/ Nebraska soon enough. Also think u missed the larger point I was trying to make about how officials allowing the “Michigan Stateification” of basketball is really the disgrace and how the women’s game is still allowed to be actual basketball. If Meghan G had to put up with officiating as it is called in the men’s game she is not even close to the same great player she is, and that would be a shame. Imagine if Bohannon played in the 90s when u couldn’t actually just grab a player or keep them from getting to the basket by using your hands to keep them in front of u.

This is state of things:

Refer to African-American male as King Kong in the post in an attempt to compliment him. = indefinite/rest of season suspension.

Refer to African-American male as motherfucker, cheater, and a disgrace. = 2 game suspension.
What does the race of the official have anything to do with it? Perhaps u see race in everything. Or perhaps that was your unconscious bias coming out.

Enable Fran to do what exactly? Shower with young boys?WTF are u talking about? Fran isn’t what is wrong with college sports...he doesn’t cheat or abuse his players ... that we know of. As a matter of fact I’ve only heard former players say good things. As far as making 2 million, that’s the market I guess. I’ll bet u dislike KF for his stoic appearance and yet hate Fran for his firey temper. 21-7 if your gonna fire a coach after that then Iowa will be Northwestern or Rutgers/ Nebraska soon enough. Also think u missed the larger point I was trying to make about how officials allowing the “Michigan Stateification” of basketball is really the disgrace and how the women’s game is still allowed to be actual basketball. If Meghan G had to put up with officiating as it is called in the men’s game she is not even close to the same great player she is, and that would be a shame. Imagine if Bohannon played in the 90s when u couldn’t actually just grab a player or keep them from getting to the basket by using your hands to keep them in front of u.

You and other sycophants are enabling Fran to act like a complete ass. Bob Knight had his apologists....didn't matter what he did it was ok. Same with Woody and Joe. Iowa has had much better coaches before Fran and will again; Ralph Miller, Lute Olson, George Raveling, Tom Davis. We don't need Fran.

What does the race of the official have anything to do with it? Perhaps u see race in everything. Or perhaps that was your unconscious bias coming out.
I didn't see race in it at all until I read an article that mentioned the referee being black. Thought it was pretty ironic considering King Kong. :cool:

Latest posts