SIAP Kirk to team at half

While I agree with (b), have to agree to disagree with (a)....which is why KF got all hot and bothered at halftime, and, the subject of this thread.

I.e. it appears some guys were quitting, infecting the entire team.

Disagree. Flat and quit are not the same thing. If they had quit, there would be no positive response from such a method from Ferentz.

To be fair, the last two Iowa recruiting classes were ranked 3rd and 4th in the Big Ten, respectively. The issue with speed at WR became an issue when Greg Davis entered the picture. In order for him to revamp the Iowa offense, he needs more of it.

I agree with what you said about Brian and Levar. I think they will help to improve Iowa's recruiting results. Young, energetic and successful assistant coaches seem to be the best recruiters. Both are young and energetic, and Brian is extremely successful thus far.
Exactly...and we're seeing it in action with the record number of early commits. The question is, "is it too late?" now that the fans have started the "turn on Ferentz" sunami?

Listen, I understand the desire for kirk to spice things up and recruit more speed. I agree there, also I agree that he needs to be accountable for the poor classes. With that said, recruiting is better, Kirk made the changes people wanted, and to say he doesn't care or the team has quit is absolute ********. This team has not quit, they just arent very good.

I feel like we hired Lickliter because of the way Ferentz was/is. Another reason to be frustrated with Ferentz

This is without a doubt the most stupid comment I have seen on this board in quite a while. Is there a prize for that?

This is without a doubt the most stupid comment I have seen on this board in quite a while. Is there a prize for that?

Thank you. It seemed like it fell through the cracks and no one noticed it, even when I pointed it out earlier. Kurt Derangement Syndrome is reaching a fever pitch, because now not only is everything bad Kurt's fault, but everything bad that has ever happened is Kurt's fault.

Thank you. It seemed like it fell through the cracks and no one noticed it, even when I pointed it out earlier. Kurt Derangement Syndrome is reaching a fever pitch, because now not only is everything bad Kurt's fault, but everything bad that has ever happened is Kurt's fault.

is KDS in the DSM IV? might need to look into this...

Exactly. Here are some more details concerning this syndrome:

1) Iowa has apparently been bad at football for ten straight years. 2008-2009 were apparently flukes that didn't count.

2) Kirk doesn't care about winning because he doesn't act like Mike Leach.

3) Iowa is more talented than Kansas State, but is being held in check by a coach whose primary objective is to make the fan base angry.

Exactly. Here are some more details concerning this syndrome:

1) Iowa has apparently been bad at football for ten straight years. 2008-2009 were apparently flukes that didn't count.

2) Kirk doesn't care about winning because he doesn't act like Mike Leach.

3) Iowa is more talented than Kansas State, but is being held in check by a coach whose primary objective is to make the fan base angry.

I heard on Kurt's white board in his office it says under 2012 Objectives the first item listed is "Run program into ground"

According to a few sources Ive seen, kirk told the whole team to leave if they didn't want to be there, and that this wasn't hawkeye football. Bigach and Boffeli also said it was the maddest they had ever seen him.

Is it not his freaking job to remove said players from the field and put somebody in that wants to be there rather than asking them to do it on their own?

While I agree with (b), have to agree to disagree with (a)....which is why KF got all hot and bothered at halftime, and, the subject of this thread.

I.e. it appears some guys were quitting, infecting the entire team.

2010 was awful. That team had 8NFL players on it and they totally quit at the end of the year. Sitting in the rain in Evanston, and sitting in 20 degree weather in Minneapolis that year really showed me something. I've been a bit more cynical since then. This year, the team is bad AND they appear to be packing it in. I know it's a judgment call, but...

This team hasn't quit, they just aren't good. The team played MUCH better in the 2nd half yesterday, as the first half was laughable.
What the hell game were you watching? They continued to play just as awful in the 2nd as they did in the 1st. Purdue got friendly and gifted us a 2nd fumble inside their own 30, which Hyde got lucky on for another TD. Then they tried their best to do it a THIRD time, but the refs wouldn't let them get away with. In between our offense continued to suck and the defense continue to get carved up by their backup QB without an ACL.How in the world anyone could consider that an improved performance is just baffling.

The biggest fiasco is the lack of overall team speed..... and he's chewing players out because of a lack of team speed. His past successes and failures were based on team speed and what separated Iowa from the rest of the B1G and helped in doing well against the SEC. That will take years to repair. Speed makes up for lack of imagination and inspiration. When everyone knows what you are going to do and you are faster than the team you know well, the outcome is very predictable.Iowa could have lost to NIU and MSU and a UNI loss wasn't far fetched. Iowa isn't far from his first team. This didn't happen over night and he's upset now because he's getting ridiculed on the national stage? Class....
Another really dumb post. Iowa has never had a lot of team speed. Ever. The 2003 team was one of the slowest and most unathletic teams that I have ever seen, and they won 10 games and finished in the Top 10 of the final poll. I seriously wonder what program you have been watching over the years, cause it sure as heck hasn't been Iowa.

Last edited:
To your first question...Sorry If Already Posted...

You've obviously been posting here long enough to know that if it has been posted someone will link the other thread with smart*** comments about how dumb you must be... No need for the SIAP to be included on your thread title. :)

Coordinators and position coaches do that.

Do you actually know anything about football?

What IS Kirk's job is to sh*t-can the Offensive Coordinator

Latest posts